PC TerrariaServer.exe

Kobolt7

Terrarian
I'm having a lot of issues making a dedicated Terraria Server for my friends and I. I'm using the TerrariaServer.exe file, but no one can join except for me if I use localhost. The screen is just stuck on "Connecting to <public-ip-address>:7777"I'm using to canyouseeme.org to verify if my port is open or not. (It's not) I know I was able to get this working on a different (less capable) PC with the same router and modem about a year ago. Here are some of the things I've tried:

1. Allowing TerrariaServer to bypass the Firewall (I only have Windows Defender and Firewall)
2. Allowing Port 7777 to get through the Firewall
3. Porting forward via TerrariaServer.exe
4. Applying a password
5. Running as Administrator

Please help. The most logical conclusion I can come to is that Windows 10 is the problem. My older Windows 7 laptop worked as soon as I let the server bypass the Windows Firewall. I highly doubt I have to tinker with router settings, and even then, that's a last resort. Can someone please help?

I don't believe the OS is the issue. At least not at it's core. Keep in mind it is possible to host through steam if that will cause less headache for you.

I'd like you to screenshot the settings you have in your router on the port forwarding page for me. Take a screenshot of the command prompt after running ipconfig. Then verify that you friends are connecting with the correct external IP.

One more thing, if you have access to another PC on your home network see if setting up the same settings (configured to THAT machines local IP of course) will allow others to connect. This will allow us to verify if it's your systems environment that is the issue.

Edit: I forgot to say, if you are uncomfortable posting screenshots of your router and network information\settings you can post them in a PM with me. Your choice.

Last edited:
I'm aware of Host & Play, but I want to make a "dedicated" server.
I have sent you the ipconfig.
Also, I don't have access another PC currently.

I'll need a screenshot of your router settings on your port forward page as well.

Using steamworks to host does have a dedicated server option by the by. Check your installation directory and look for the two files below, they will use the dedicated server software to host through steamworks.

yKMNrg0.png

However, I'm more than happy to assist you in whatever method you choose to host through. Just wanted to make you aware of all your options.

Okay, it kind of works, although now I have to invite people or allow anyone to join my game. Also, I have to be in-game, but at least I can go offline and allow my friends to still stay. Thank you however, I'd prefer via IP, just so they can join whenever they can and all I have to do is launch the server via one of files. Unfortunately, I can't access the router settings. Are their any other possible reasons it may not be working?

Well it's most likely the ports aren't properly forwarded in the router settings. Do you need instructions on how to access that, or do you not have the login or permission to alter settings on your home network?

Back
Top Bottom