Tool TerrariaXNB2PNG (Simple Terraria Texture(.xnb) to PNG converter)

Silentspy

Terrarian
Hi, i recently decided to put some time into developing this little tool to simply convert from xnb to PNG because i saw there was really no other tools just like it, that is both open source and require no XNA installation.

Download
The source is here
Download link is Here(just download from the latest release)
(.NET framework 4.5 is required for windows 7 or earlier)

Changelog:
Initial release

How to use:
Simply drag and drop the xnb texture file(s) onto the executable and or run it from cmd TerrariaXNB2PNG <path...> it will then make a png file next to the xnb file

Last edited:
i have nothing to do with either, but i wanted to do my own take on it :) I provide the full source code for everyone, i see no reasons to hide sourcecode for such a small application

Still, TExtract doesn't even depend on XNA. It's written in Java, and can run on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Still, TExtract doesn't even depend on XNA. It's written in Java, and can run on Windows, Mac and Linux.

That's a good thing!

I did have a go through your source code, a lot of nice work there! :) i did actually think about just handling the xnb format entirely by myself but the codebase just got so much larger so instead i went for an easier approach while still keeping what i had in mind.

I do not however like the approach of entirely extracting folders all at once, my tool takes another approach at this and just do it based on what you drag and drop onto it and or decides to put as an argument, which could be handy for certain scenarios.

Last edited:
I chose to do it on a per-folder basis as there is simply no reason for not extracting everything at once. Having everything extracted lets you browse through and preview assets, which is very useful if you're looking for something specific. The API does however support extracting one file at a time; I have actually thought of exposing this kind of functionality from a command-line interface, to simplify usage from scripts, but haven't seen the need yet. As TExtract is open source, you are welcome to contribute features you feel are missing.

That sounds like a great idea, then it would be entirely pointless for me to keep developing on this tool :) I would happily provide feedback and or Code when i got some spare time :)

Hey, I like the program but it's lacking instruction and a GUI. :/ It took me a few minutes to figure out I literally just drag and drop the files onto the icon, which makes it easy to use, but when I'm trying to extract all the sounds at once or something like that it tends to be a pain that I can't select all of them at once. I really appreciate your time and efforts put into this program though and it does the job. Thank You! :)
Sun2.png

Ah, too bad author got discouraged and didn't developed it further, because TerrariaXNB2PNG still works for me. while TExtract doesn't 8(

TExtract works fine, so does TerrariaXNB2PNG. I just made TExtract go to my images folder inside my contents folder for terraria

Hi, i recently decided to put some time into developing this little tool to simply convert from xnb to PNG because i saw there was really no other tools just like it, that is both open source and require no XNA installation.

Download
The source is here
Download link is Here(just download from the latest release)
(.NET framework 4.5 is required for windows 7 or earlier)

Changelog:
Initial release

How to use:
Simply drag and drop the xnb texture file(s) onto the executable and or run it from cmd TerrariaXNB2PNG <path...> it will then make a png file next to the xnb file
can you make wav to xnb please?

help please, I don't understand what you mean by drag it to the executable, I tried dragging the files and the cmd just exits

nvm I found an easier app made by stardew valley players

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom