tModLoader TerraScape

please add rune essence to npcs drop table or make it so 1 fallen star makes more than 5 pure essence.

please add rune essence to npcs drop table or make it so 1 fallen star makes more than 5 pure essence.

Once you get to hardmode, rune essence shouldn't be a problem. You can craft 5 Rune Essence from 1 Stone Block at an Adamantite/Titanium forge.

What exactly is on the rare drop table? Is it worth it to craft/use the RoW? I'm doing barrows and working up to plantera, so I wonder if the drops will even help

What exactly is on the rare drop table? Is it worth it to craft/use the RoW? I'm doing barrows and working up to plantera, so I wonder if the drops will even help

The rare drop table is pretty small as of now, and contains only pre-hardmode items. I plan to expand it to hardmode and eventually into the endgame, but that will come in a later update.

Any plans on adding more bosses like abyssal sire, callisto, venenatic etc?
I did mention this earlier but I hope so I wanna see a way to do fight caves and have tokkul aswell I would go into full detail of what I want to see but that is a long wall of text
I will say why not add something to the cleantaminator that allows you to turn an ocean biome into a swamp and it spawns lizardmen and you can craft a zul-andra teleport that summons zulrah in the swamp biome would be pretty cool

Any plans on adding more bosses like abyssal sire, callisto, venenatic etc?

Yes, more bosses will be added later, probably as parts of big updates. One thing with bosses is that I'm not certain on where along the progression they should be. One solution that would be easy, is to split from the normal game progression after the Golem, and continue with my own, like creating another version of the end-game. This would allow me to make my own difficulty curve, and balance the drops of bosses accordingly. One reason why I'm not too keen on going the Moon Lord way is that the weapons from Moon Lord are so strong and hard to balance against.

I did mention this earlier but I hope so I wanna see a way to do fight caves and have tokkul aswell I would go into full detail of what I want to see but that is a long wall of text
I will say why not add something to the cleantaminator that allows you to turn an ocean biome into a swamp and it spawns lizardmen and you can craft a zul-andra teleport that summons zulrah in the swamp biome would be pretty cool

I like your ideas, if you feel like writing a long wall of text on what you'd like to see, you are free to do so, just make sure to PM it to me so I can refer to it later when I eventually start making things such as the Fight Caves & Zulrah.

beginner and apprentice wands should be buffed a bit for more dmg i think because the time it takes to actually get those is way longer than something you would get from a drop. lesser demon spawn afgereye of cthulhu and drop demon scythe, what does a lot more damage than apprentice wand. it doesnt need a big buff but just a small dps boost so it worth using over some other same tier weapons.

beginner and apprentice wands should be buffed a bit for more dmg i think because the time it takes to actually get those is way longer than something you would get from a drop. lesser demon spawn afgereye of cthulhu and drop demon scythe, what does a lot more damage than apprentice wand. it doesnt need a big buff but just a small dps boost so it worth using over some other same tier weapons.

The first wands are meant to be just some stepping stones in order to get the later wands, such as the Master Wand & Kodai Wand. The demon scythe is a bit too strong to get from Lesser Demons though. I'll change that to be from Greater Demons only.

I'm always getting the same loot from every boss monster,
for example:
Chaos elemental always drops d-spear
Elvarg always drops mystic components
why is that? help

I'm always getting the same loot from every boss monster,
for example:
Chaos elemental always drops d-spear
Elvarg always drops mystic components
why is that? help

Elvarg always drops Mystic Components, the chance to receive any other drop is 40% (25% on normal). Chaos Elemental has 7 different weapon drops, and a few resource drops. I believe you were just unlucky, try killing them more. If the problem is still there, report back to me.

Hello, I can't craft any blast tier spells (the ones that use death runes) in multiplayer, i thought i needed to go to hardmode first to craft them but even after i killed wall of flesh it still wont let me craft them anywhere. I got over 100 death runes and loads of air/water/earth/fire, more than needed. According to the guide i have all the materials to make them, but i cant make them.

Last edited:
Hello, I can't craft any blast tier spells (the ones that use death runes) in multiplayer, i thought i needed to go to hardmode first to craft them but even after i killed wall of flesh it still wont let me craft them anywhere. I got over 100 death runes and loads of air/water/earth/fire, more than needed. According to the guide i have all the materials to make them, but i cant make them.
You need to have a mythril or orichalchum anvil

Very interesting mod, I've played the HECK out of both OSRS and Terraria so this was a pleasant surprise. Especially the production value.

Few things I want to say even though I just started it, though I'll probably post more critique/suggestions as me and my buddies play through it.

Notes/critique:
  • Graphics
    • Simpler sprites are nice and clean. I like the runes as well as the Barrows bros and their equipment sets.
    • Most equipped armor actually looks pretty good!
    • Olm seems to be a really well done boss from the trailer, but he looks goofy as hell
    • Runite ore looks a little plain and doesn't have a sparkle effect like other ores
    • Note that Terraria is a full side-view game and so all objects are viewed head-on
  • Loot
    • Mod loot doesn't seem to spawn in default chests, not sure if this is a tML technical limitation
    • Some loot seems poorly balanced, not sure if it was pure luck but a friend got a granite maul from a gargoyle within 15 minutes of starting the game and it has 40 attack power?
  • Gameplay
    • Some mobs are a bit buggy, several people including myself have seen goblins apparently walk/zip through solid tiles
    • Would it be possible to make crafted spells consume runes as ammunition?
    • Some items seem to be poorly balanced, I'd make them more in line with vanilla progression
Suggestions:
  • RS-themed addition to fishing
    • New quest fish if possible
    • Standard RS fish
      • Can be cooked and heal according to tier
      • Heal less than potions of similar tiers, give Well Fed and Potion Sickness
  • Dungeons
    • Retool Barrows bosses so they're accessed through a once-per-map "crypt" dungeon
    • Chambers of Xeric?
  • Mobs
    • Some mobs could be relocated to more appropriate biomes
      • Gargoyles in granite biomes
      • Demons underground, depth based on their difficulty
    • Possibly remove Runite ore spawn and make it drop from Elvarg
  • Mechanics
    • Retool Runecrafting altars
      • Spawn in biomes according to their type
      • Handful of each spawn per map like demon altars
      • Can be broken and picked up after Hardmode
      • Can be crafted using hardmode materials
  • Slayer Master NPC
    • Appears after a certain number of mobs/bosses have been killed?
    • Gives quests to kill X of whatever monster
    • Completing quests gives reward points to spend on special items

As I said, more to come and I probably missed things I could already say. Pretty amazing mod all things considered in terms of the amount of content. I also might be willing to help out with spritework as well for some of the things that could do with a facelift.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'll keep your suggestions in mind when developing new updates. If you feel like respriting any of the existing content, feel free to do so and also ask me for the original files if you need them. If any of your sprites make it into the mod you will be properly credited.

• Mechanics
this doesn't sound like a good decision tbh as there are few biomes for this to actually work the current system is fine the first altar makes sense but i think the second altar needs a little rework on materials instead of 3 hellstone and 3 demonite/crimtane why not 50 pure essense 5 hellstone 5 demonite/crimtane and 5 fallen stars as it is fairly easy to make the final altar requiring all sould is fine though but maybe add it so it requires 20 dark essense aswell

As a former Runescape player I have some requests:
1. Add P++ version of the Dragon Dagger since that's what everyone used.
2. Party Hats. Vanity items sold by a merchant for a ridiculous amount and can't be gotten from any other means.
3. A cannon summon.
4. Mithril and Adamantite armour. To go the extra mile, trimmed versions of Mith, Addy and Runeite.
5. An npc who reminds you your fishing level is nice.

As a former Runescape player I have some requests:
1. Add P++ version of the Dragon Dagger since that's what everyone used.
2. Party Hats. Vanity items sold by a merchant for a ridiculous amount and can't be gotten from any other means.
3. A cannon summon.
4. Mithril and Adamantite armour. To go the extra mile, trimmed versions of Mith, Addy and Runeite.
5. An npc who reminds you your fishing level is nice.
nice

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'll keep your suggestions in mind when developing new updates. If you feel like respriting any of the existing content, feel free to do so and also ask me for the original files if you need them. If any of your sprites make it into the mod you will be properly credited.

Awesome. I'll let you know if I decide to do any spritework, keep up the great work with this mod.

• Mechanics
this doesn't sound like a good decision tbh as there are few biomes for this to actually work the current system is fine the first altar makes sense but i think the second altar needs a little rework on materials instead of 3 hellstone and 3 demonite/crimtane why not 50 pure essense 5 hellstone 5 demonite/crimtane and 5 fallen stars as it is fairly easy to make the final altar requiring all sould is fine though but maybe add it so it requires 20 dark essense aswell

My thinking is just that something like Runecraft should have a bit more substance to it than just crafting another workbench that you craft runes on. My idea wouldn't necessarily be limited to one altar type per biome, either. You could have something like this (rough idea, not necessarily balanced):

• Air - surface
  • Earth - surface tunnels, underground
  • Water - snow biome, ice caves, ocean
  • Fire - desert, caverns
  • Body - surface, underground
  • Cosmic - mushroom caves, rare otherwise in underground/caverns
  • Astral - floating islands
  • Nature - jungle surface/underground, livingwood tree chests
  • Soul - jungle temple or spawn in post-plantera dungeon
  • Mind - surface/islands (not underground)
  • Chaos - underground, caverns, hell
  • Death - dungeon (thus gated by skeletron)
  • Blood - jungle temple (thus gated by plantera)
The idea of making the basic altar and upgrading it could work too, maybe having to use various objects on the altar to "infuse" it so that it can create more types of runes. Generally I feel making runes should be more involved and the mod's magic items should be more powerful as a result. Maybe make Ancient Spells require an Ancient Spellbook made with a spellbook from the wizard (+ relevant items like frost cores for ice spells if the progression needs to be spaced more) so Burst spells can fill the progression gap between Skeletron and Plantera.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom