tModLoader TerraTemp (Temperature/Climate Mod)

so I just had an idea of a possible way to add temperature values to modded armours that could work even for mods that dont end up supported, I got it while playing around with some of the modded reforge systems.
Perhaps you could create some sort of crafting item that allows you to transfer just the temperature value of an item to another item, The item being used to transfer the stat would be spent in the process and only items that do not already have a temperature stat on them could be enhanced in this way, to allow a reforge if you make mistakes there could either be a blank item of some sort that erases temperature stats or you could have mergeing with a vanity item used to erase temp stats to either A fix a mistake (they happen) or B re-temp an item for later (or maybe you just really want flaming ice resistant armor IDK).
Alternatively you could have items of "insolation"/"coolant" that could be applied to armours (again without existing temperature stats) that add quality's that allow modded armours to function with your works. this method would allow you to start off with weaker and fairly rare "insolators/coolants" and work to stronger ones near WOF then again near endgame. weather these are monster drops or boss loots or even just made via alchemy, sold or some combonation I think it would allow for general support of any mod with modded armour at that point while still making you work for it and not having it handed to you

So it just became winter (Overhaul mod) in my world and I'm suffering from heat stroke on the jungle surface sitting in water that is giving me the chilled debuff while a blizzard rages in the background, lol. I don't know how difficult it is to make these things more compatible and consistent between the mods, but I thought I'd report that to you anyway. It's amazing using this mod along with Overhaul (and Various Weathers) but hopefully in the future things can be less jarring.
Great work on this mod, btw <3

So it just became winter (Overhaul mod) in my world and I'm suffering from heat stroke on the jungle surface sitting in water that is giving me the chilled debuff while a blizzard rages in the background, lol. I don't know how difficult it is to make these things more compatible and consistent between the mods, but I thought I'd report that to you anyway. It's amazing using this mod along with Overhaul (and Various Weathers) but hopefully in the future things can be less jarring.
Great work on this mod, btw <3
Oh man, heat stroke during the winter? That's... peculiar, to say the least. Compatability is easy to code since I've layed the ground work for it already.

That being said; I don't want to slow your playthrough to a halt, but if you're suffering heat stroke in the winter, then something sounds a bit fishy. Do you mean hypothermia? Because if you're getting the chilled debuff and being in water, there is not any conceivable way I can imagine getting heat stroke. I know the jungle has high humidity, but it has to be peak noon usually for it to be deadly.

Basically all this to say, is there super high humidity for some reason or is there something else I'm missing?

Nah, it's not hypothermia. I'm currently waiting to fight a boss in the crimson (modded BoC) and it's winter, with a full on blizzard, all water gives me frostburn damage and chilled on touch and...I need to take all my armor off or I get heat stroke while in the crimson, lol.

Nah, it's not hypothermia. I'm currently waiting to fight a boss in the crimson (modded BoC) and it's winter, with a full on blizzard, all water gives me frostburn damage and chilled on touch and...I need to take all my armor off or I get heat stroke while in the crimson, lol.

Oh the water DAMAGES you! Oh I was not aware that was a feature in Overhaul in the winter, no wonder you can't survive in those biomes. I'll get that fixed pronto, I'm sorry for pushing your playthrough to a halt. Thanks for letting me know!

Edit: Version 1.2 is out Fury, which fixes the Overhaul water damage issue (but not the Chilled effect) and adds a whole bunch of other stuff! Enjoy!

Last edited:
Oh the water DAMAGES you! Oh I was not aware that was a feature in Overhaul in the winter, no wonder you can't survive in those biomes. I'll get that fixed pronto, I'm sorry for pushing your playthrough to a halt. Thanks for letting me know!

Edit: Version 1.2 is out Fury, which fixes the Overhaul water damage issue (but not the Chilled effect) and adds a whole bunch of other stuff! Enjoy!
Don't worry about it! I was taking a break from uploading Terraria, but still recording it. The process of recording, editing and uploading takes a very long time, so I wanted to pre-record episodes so I didn't have to work like 15 hours a day to get episodes out (plus, the thumbnails typically take another 2 hours and slow things down.) It had nothing to do with this mod! Sure, it was funny to have heatstroke in the winter, lol, but I got around it, no problem. Thanks for the update, though! Having the position of the thermometer saved is SO NICE. And the new NPC, too. Heck yea!

I hosted a server with this mod. The only thing i keep encountering is enchantment books aren't working for modded armor. I was able to do it once and that's it, Wasn't able to do it again. I even tried resetting the server and nothing

Back
Top Bottom