tModLoader TerraTemp (Temperature/Climate Mod)

MutantWafflez

Spazmatism

icon.png

TerraTemp
Current Terraria 1.3 Version: v1.2.1.0
Current Terraria 1.4 Alpha Version: v1.3.1.3

"Ever wanted to die of Heat Stroke or Hypothermia in Terraria? Now you can!"

Now available on the 1.4 tModLoader workshop!
TerraTemp is a mod that adds one main mechanic into the game: Temperature. Every corner of Terraria now has varying levels of temperature, from the hot & humid lands of the Jungle to the cold and dry darkness of Space. Combat the elements of nature that now fight against you and make it out on top! Here is a brief synopsis of the changes:

* Temperature, influenced by several factors (see "New Mechanics" section)
* New "Thermometer" item that displays several different temperature related statistics (Hint: Might want to make one of these as soon as possible!)
* Entirely new accessories that can twist the temperature toward your advantage
* Every armor set & many accesories grant effects to combat the elements
* Many buff and debuff changes that now affect temperature

New Mechanics & Changes

Temperature in this mod isn't quite as simple as "Desert is hot" or "Snow is cold." While those things certainly are factors, there's more to it than that. There are new mechanics that have been added to give further immersion with Terraria's systems and really make it more interesting to try and survive under said conditions. These new mechanics include:
Sunflower.png
Climates: Each biome now has an attributing "Climate." While not extremely complex, each major biome can range from minor temperature changes to deadly heat or cold!
Gold_Watch.png
Time of Day: While a Vanilla feature (obviously), the time of day can now affect the current temperature of the land! It is the hottest at noon and the coldest at midnight.
Cloud.png
Cloud Coverage: How many clouds are in the sky? You should look! The more clouds in the sky, the less effect the sun will have on increasing the temperature.
Water.png
Humidity: Or more specifically, Relative Humidity! On a scale of 0-100%, how much water vapor is currently in the air? The more humid the air is, the hotter or colder the air can feel!
Pin_Wheel.png
Wind Speed: Again, while this is a Vanilla feature, it doesn't really have much of an effect. But now, the speed of the wind can affect temperature, too! If its cold and windy, it's gonna feel a whole heck of a lot colder, but if its hotter and there is high winds, it can even cool you down a bit!
Depth_Meter.png
Depth Influence: How far in the ground you are can further affect temperature! Caves deeper in the ground are colder at first, before eventually getting much warmer as you approach the Underworld.

So what exactly happens when you get too hot or cold? Well, your body will slowly begin to deterioriate as it attempts to fight against the extreme temperatures. In this mod, this "deterioration" is displayed in terms of debuffs; you'll see their effects quite quickly, including slowed movement, decreased life regeneration, vision loss, and finally, of course, death.

Developers & Contributors

@MutantWafflez Main Developer & Mod Owner
@RiverOaken Sprite Creator/Contributor

Changelogs
Fixes:
*Fixed crash caused by updated to the CatchFish hook in ModPlayer, and CanBeCleared property for ModBuffs.

Changes & Fixes:
*Fixed issue where items that inherited stats from other items would have their tooltip appear below the prefix tooltips
*Updated to tModLoader's new localization system, which completely broke TerraTemp's tooltips until updated (which is now fixed)

Additions:
+All current (and potentially future) TerraTemp NPCs now have a special icon in the Bestiary
+The Crystal Assassin Armor set now has a set bonus for temperature as well as its pieces
+Items that have inherited stats from other items will display the item's icon in their tooltip
=> (This means that, for example, the Obsidian Shield will display an Obsidian Skull icon at the end of the tooltip lines that the Obisidan Skull gives)
Changes & Fixes:
*Stat Inheritance now is automatic instead of manually done, and can affect modded items
*More Internal code rewriting (de-God Classing TempUtilities Class)
*Fixed issue where the Hallowed Hood did not count towards the Hallowed Armor set bonus

Additions:
+Bestiary Entry for the Meteorologist
+Full stat inheritance for all 1.4 items that are applicable (check out the Terraspark boots, especially!)
Changes & Fixes:
*(Potentially) Fixed bug in multiplayer where other players would spotaneously die because of the "temperature" when they didn't actually die
*An UNHOLY amount of internal code re-writing (I know, boring, but it has to be said)
*And... that's pretty much it, most of it was just porting the mod over from 1.3 to 1.4!

1.4 Alpha Content Above Only
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Normal 1.3 Content Below

Additions:
+New "Satanic Cross" accessory, sold by the Meteorologist during Blood Moons for 10g
Changes:
*Blizzards triggered by Overhaul in the Winter now have proper effects
*Very slightly nerfed the Flame/Frost Runes (-1 comfortability on both sides)
*Reverted base comfortability values (7/33 degrees -> 10/30 degrees)
*Meteorologist now sells Heat/Warmth potions after Skeletron has been defeated
*Overhaul's Spring season now no longer has any effects on sun potency
*Overhaul's Autumn, Winter, and Summer seasons now have more powerful effects on sun potency
*Raised range of which player's are now considered "under a roof" by double (16 blocks -> 32 blocks)
Fixes:
-Fixed typo that misaligned the Heterostatic rune's stats with the stats of the Flame/Frost rune
-Fixed issue where player could still get the "Coldburn" debuff from Overhaul's Winter Blizzards

Additions:
+New Town NPC that appears when it's raining after King Slime is defeated or after the EoW/BoC is killed
+Temperature deviations are based on the weekly (5 day) basis rather than on a single day by day basis
+New Prefixes for accessories that assist with fighting the elements
+New "Enchantment" system that allows for adding heat/cold comfortability to modded armors
+Cold/Hot enemies will now decrease/increase your body temperature respectively when they hit you
+20 new death messages (10 for each method of dying, heat/cold)
Changes:
*The thermometer now shows the UI when in your piggy bank as well as your inventory
*The "Wind chill" effect now caps out at their maximum effect of 45 mph winds
*With Terraria Overhaul enabled, having the Chilled debuff underwater will no longer cause frostburn damage
*Increased the default comfortability ranged by 3 degrees on both sides (10 - 30 -> 7 - 33)
*Dragging the Thermometer UI is now a lot smoother
*Removed copious logging that occurred with lots of mods adding recipes
*Buffed obsidian skull (40% underworld protection -> 50% underworld protection)
*Buffed Flame/Frost rune (-5 cold/heat comfortability respectively -> -2 cold/heat comfortability respectively)
*Buffed Campfire and Furnace adjacency heat (+3/+2 body temperature respectively -> +5/+3 body temperature respectively)
*Nerfed Endurance Potion buff (+15% temperature change resistance -> +10% temperature change resistance)
*Nerfed Hallowed Armor set bonus (+50% temperature change resistance -> +35% temperature change resistance)
Fixes:
-Fixed bug where Thermometer UI would not save its position between sessions
-Fixed typo that caused the "Frozen" debuff to increase cold comfortability instead of lowering body temperature
-Fixed several things being in the wrong folders in their code

*New config that allows for the changing of the size of the Thermometer UI
*Epic new sprites for Thermometer UI and many items (thanks to RiverOaken!)
*Ice Torches will now make the player colder when they hold them rather than hotter
*Internal infrastructure for some future additions (coming soon)

*Fixed potential recursive issue with recipes that can be used in recipe "loops" via conversion to other recipes which can be crafted back into the original item (imksushi's mod)
*Added internal logging code for recipe added based on mod recipes for identifying future problems

+ Native compatibility with Terraria Overhaul's Seasons
=> The sun is now more or less potent depending on what season it is. Most potent during the summer, least potent during the winter!
=> Overhaul's Temperature system is now disabled with TerraTemp enabled
+ Native compatibility with several of Various Weathers' Events
=> A lot of Various Weather's Events (Heat Wave, Cold Front, etc.) now affect temperatures in ways you would expect (Heat wave makes the day hotter, for example)
+ Native compatibility with most of Calamity's biomes
=> Astral Infection, Sulphur Sea, and Sunken Sea biomes all now have their own climates!
=> Death Mode's Temperature system is now disabled with TerraTemp enabled
+ Being near any furnace now slightly increases body temperature
+ Being near or holding any torch now very slightly increases body temperature
+ Holding an umbrella now lowers the heat imposed by the sun
+ Being indoors (and in front of a wall) now negates the heat of the sun and the effects of wind
+ Thermometer item now displays a draggable UI when in your inventory
+ Items that have any item that boosts stats in their crafting tree now gain those effects
+ Day 1 of any new world is now as average as possible to avoid any large turmoil early on
+ Water now globally cools players down, regardless of biome (although some biomes do more so than others)
+ Temperature is now further affected by how far down a player is in the world
+ Added new Tooltip to Cherry Barbs so players can figure out where to catch them
* Fixed some Localization bugs involving the Cooling Potion
* Fixed issue where placing the Thermometer item (via other mods) placed a Depth Meter
* Lots of internal code rewriting and optimization
Contacts & Links

If you'd like to join the Discord Server, click the Discord icon at the top of this forum page. If you wish to contribute to the mod in some way, this is the best place for discussion to do so!
If you'd like to view the Open Source code for this mod, click the GitHub icon at the top of this forum page.

Happy Freezing and/or Burning, Terrarians! ;)

Last edited:
Ooh, interesting! I might check this out after its released. This mod is one of its kind. I'm quite fond of mods that add temperature systems and weather phenomena, it just makes the game feel more alive and dynamic!

Last edited:
I wish this came out a week ago...
Anyway, how compatible is it with things like Overhaul and Various Weathers mods?

I wish this came out a week ago...
Anyway, how compatible is it with things like Overhaul and Various Weathers mods?

Compatability with content mods is not quite out yet in this initial release, however there are already plans for full mod support for the most popular content mods including Overhaul. Version 1.1 will be the "compatability" update, where a large majority of the changes will be compatability with the aforementioned mods.

In short: most mods, including Overhaul and Various Weathers won't break this mod, but mechanics such as Overhaul's Seasons won't have any effects on temperature. But they will soon!

I'll be doing some testing of it, starting today ;)
Since this mod is *exactly* the type of mod I need for the current thing I'm working on.

wait, wouldn’t it get warmer as it gets farther down, if not, then the underworld is gonna be freezing.

Ah, I'll update the post to be a bit more specific in the post; but for a large majority of the descent underground it'll get colder before it begins to get warm again (at the level where lava begins to spawn) and then get very hot in the underworld.

Hello there. I just came across your mod, and I gotta say, looks mighty promising. I love mods adding realism, immersion and not necessarily combat-related difficulty.

I have one question which I haven't seen about so far. Your description states how 'Every armor set and accessories grant effects to combat the elements'. It was also stated how compatibility with other mods is not quite integrated yet. Plus, I imagine one could not reasonably expect this mod to assign heat and cold resistance/weakness values to all outfits of all the mods out there, lol.

So my question is, do modded outfits/armors have a 'basic' or general impact with this system, or are they simply basically ignored?

Hello there. I just came across your mod, and I gotta say, looks mighty promising. I love mods adding realism, immersion and not necessarily combat-related difficulty.

I have one question which I haven't seen about so far. Your description states how 'Every armor set and accessories grant effects to combat the elements'. It was also stated how compatibility with other mods is not quite integrated yet. Plus, I imagine one could not reasonably expect this mod to assign heat and cold resistance/weakness values to all outfits of all the mods out there, lol.

So my question is, do modded outfits/armors have a 'basic' or general impact with this system, or are they simply basically ignored?

As it currently stands, I'm still at the drawing board for what to do with modded armors. Like you said, doing something for every modded armor out there is basically next to impossible. In the current version, modded armors have absolutely no bonuses whatsoever.

That being said, in the next update, I have added a system that allows modded items that use vanilla accessories with boosts to also take on those attributes. For example, any modded accessories that have a lava charm anywhere in their crafting tree will recieve the heat protection bonus of the lava charm.

Since you don't really craft armors from other armors like most mods do with accessories, I will have to either 1. Manually add bonuses to those modded armors (likely only for the most popular content mods like calamity/thorium/spirit etc.) or 2. Add a basic or general stat boosts to all modded armors (like you mentioned)

TL;DR: Modded armors and accessories are completely ignored as it stands. Working on a proper solution for the next update.

As it currently stands, I'm still at the drawing board for what to do with modded armors. Like you said, doing something for every modded armor out there is basically next to impossible. In the current version, modded armors have absolutely no bonuses whatsoever.

That being said, in the next update, I have added a system that allows modded items that use vanilla accessories with boosts to also take on those attributes. For example, any modded accessories that have a lava charm anywhere in their crafting tree will recieve the heat protection bonus of the lava charm.

Since you don't really craft armors from other armors like most mods do with accessories, I will have to either 1. Manually add bonuses to those modded armors (likely only for the most popular content mods like calamity/thorium/spirit etc.) or 2. Add a basic or general stat boosts to all modded armors (like you mentioned)

TL;DR: Modded armors and accessories are completely ignored as it stands. Working on a proper solution for the next update.
I still personally support the suggestion of adding proper cross-compatibility and cross-mod OOP loading.
I see no reason to not implement loading similar to tModLoader, allowing the general modding community to add support between mods.

Thank you kindly for your answer. Will make sure to keep me some appropriate vanilla clothes nearby to handle the weather when necessary as opposed to modded ones, lol.

EDIT: Just gonna rewrite this entire post more clearly, it was becoming a mess.

So, I got some questions and issues I'd like to ask/discuss.

1) Does jumping in water help in any way with heatstroke? I figured it would, but even when I do it, I keep dying to heat every time I spend any significant amount of time in the desert or the jungle. I get that humidity affects heat and cold, but I don't think I should die of heatstroke while swimming in a mini-lake unless the water's boiling or something. XD

2) Does removing one's clothes/armor help in any way with heatstroke, and given that modded armor are not helping deal with either cold or heat, is there an effective difference in wearing them as opposed to nothing for either extreme?

3) Do some vanity items have some measure of influence when it comes to this mod? For example, is wearing a cape or cloak helping against the cold? If so, do they act in addition, or instead of worn armor?

4) If removing one's clothes does not help against heat (and actually even if it does), would you please give me a hint as to what kind of clothes could help with it? I have ideas for late game, but it feels like nothing I can think of early game would make sense.

5) Just wanted to point out that IMO, the heat and cold might be a little bit too intense as they are now? Possibly? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know for sure and am speaking only from my personal experience, I know you said there were a lot of factors, and some of them may be related to my questions above. The reason why I say that is, I keep dying just trying to get across cold or hot biomes - not adventuring in them, by the way; I'm just trying to bolt through them ASAP using Hermes boots and a pretty weak flight ability to get to the other side and I still die. (Was wearing modded armor, which was probably not great in the cold biome, but I figured that it not registering, along with frequent dips in water, would help in the hot ones... no such luck, or so it seemed.)

Also I kept getting hypothermia during a rainy day, windy day... while inside my brick house with torches every 8 blocks or so. Had to keep returning to a campfire I put down every couple of minutes to not lose vision as I was trying to put my loot away in various chests across the house. XD And I live in a forest biome! :p (In fact, I just tried standing next to a fire again when this happened again, and I died of hypothermia right next to the fire. Does fire help in some way?)

Anyway. Maybe I just don't have a good enough grasp on the mechanics of the mod, hence the many questions. Maybe modded armors are really best not be used in such areas. I dunno. I really love this mod, so please help me understand it better so I can live - as in literally stop dying - with it. XD

Last edited:
EDIT: Just gonna rewrite this entire post more clearly, it was becoming a mess.

So, I got some questions and issues I'd like to ask/discuss.

1) Does jumping in water help in any way with heatstroke? I figured it would, but even when I do it, I keep dying to heat every time I spend any significant amount of time in the desert or the jungle. I get that humidity affects heat and cold, but I don't think I should die of heatstroke while swimming in a mini-lake unless the water's boiling or something. XD

2) Does removing one's clothes/armor help in any way with heatstroke, and given that modded armor are not helping deal with either cold or heat, is there an effective difference in wearing them as opposed to nothing for either extreme?

3) Do some vanity items have some measure of influence when it comes to this mod? For example, is wearing a cape or cloak helping against the cold? If so, do they act in addition, or instead of worn armor?

4) If removing one's clothes does not help against heat (and actually even if it does), would you please give me a hint as to what kind of clothes could help with it? I have ideas for late game, but it feels like nothing I can think of early game would make sense.

5) Just wanted to point out that IMO, the heat and cold might be a little bit too intense as they are now? Possibly? Maybe, maybe not. I don't know for sure and am speaking only from my personal experience, I know you said there were a lot of factors, and some of them may be related to my questions above. The reason why I say that is, I keep dying just trying to get across cold or hot biomes - not adventuring in them, by the way; I'm just trying to bolt through them ASAP using Hermes boots and a pretty weak flight ability to get to the other side and I still die. (Was wearing modded armor, which was probably not great in the cold biome, but I figured that it not registering, along with frequent dips in water, would help in the hot ones... no such luck, or so it seemed.)

Also I kept getting hypothermia during a rainy day, windy day... while inside my brick house with torches every 8 blocks or so. Had to keep returning to a campfire I put down every couple of minutes to not lose vision as I was trying to put my loot away in various chests across the house. XD And I live in a forest biome! :p (In fact, I just tried standing next to a fire again when this happened again, and I died of hypothermia right next to the fire. Does fire help in some way?)

Anyway. Maybe I just don't have a good enough grasp on the mechanics of the mod, hence the many questions. Maybe modded armors are really best not be used in such areas. I dunno. I really love this mod, so please help me understand it better so I can live - as in literally stop dying - with it. XD

I'll answer the questions one by one and hopefully they can be of some assistance. I appreciate all of this feedback! It really helps, considering that I am the only one working on the mod at the moment. Here are some of the answers:

1) Yeah, water can lower the current environment temperature. However, in the current released version (1.0.0.1), each biome's water has differing water temperatures. Some, like the Jungle, have very warm water, which doesn't entirely makes sense, to be honest. In version 1.1, I think I am going to streamline it so water anywhere, regardless of biome, will lower your body temperature. Working on the update as much as I can!

2) It depends on the armor. Every armor set has a different set bonus, and every armor has a different benefit, whether it be toward the heat toward the cold. For example, cactus armor negates 25% of the desert heat, meteor armor negates the cold of space, etc. However, that being said, some armors also have negative traits in contrast to their positive traits (for example, some armors such as the molten set have a boost toward your body temperature, making you hotter, which could potentially be a bad thing, but as a trade off you get greatly increased cold comfortability). So all of this to say, essentially, it depends on the armor set! If your armor set reduces heat comfortability and you're dying of heat stroke, sometimes taking it off is your best bet.

3) Yes, actually! However, you do not get their bonuses if they are in your vanity slots, they must be actively equipped. This includes all of the cloaks; wearing any cloak will increase your cold comfortability by quite a lot, so if you can get your hands on one, it will have been worth the investment. The worm scarf also gives a bit of cold resistance along side the vanilla damage reduction, so if you have a corruption world, take a look at that.

4) One of the main problems right now with the mod is that the players (you) don't have adequate access to information (which I apologize for). I am in the process of creating a wiki that will include all changes, and I'm working on it as much as I can. As for right now, though, to specifically protect yourself against the heat, I recommend Obsidian Armor (greatly increased heat comfortability), the "Cooling Potion" item which also greatly increases heat comfortability, or finding a Lava Charm/crafting an Obsidian Skull. For the Cooling Potions, you'll see the Cherry Barb fish, which can be caught exclusively on the Jungle Surface. The Cooling Potion's tooltip is broken at the moment (fixed in version 1.1), but it increases heat comfortability by 8 degrees Celsius.

5) Yeah, it can be a bit intense for sure. There's a lot of factors that go into the end temperature, so there's obviously a lot to keep track of. But in general, I recommend going across cold biomes during the peak of the day (noon) since that will be when the sun will be at its hottest; vice versa for hot biomes, the peak of the night (midnight) since that is when it will be the coldest across the entire world. And, if available, don't be afraid to make Cooling/Warmth potions for each respective biome. Also, avoid going into hot biomes when it is raining, due to the grealty increased Humidity (since that will grealty increase how hot it feels). All that being said, I will still need to watch the temperature values very closely; I am still debating on whether or not the intensity of the climates still needs adjusting. It will take awhile to get just right!

6) Fire does help; just from Campfires at the moment, however. You gotta be very close to them, though. In version 1.1, I am adding a small heat bonus for holding torches or standing next to a torch, though. Also, being indoors at the moment does not protect against humidity or the wind temperature. That is also being fixed in version 1.1. I think the best rememdy right now in general is using Cooling/Warmth potions, make sure to stock up on those! They will be very beneficial.

7) I know you didn't mention it, but whenever you head towards the Underworld, it is practically necessary to have an obsidian skull, since it is EXTREMELY hot down there. The obisidan skull will lower the heat of the Underworld substantially (40% to be exact).

Alright, that should be answers for all of your response. Again, I really appreciate the feedback! I think what is most important right now is me getting the wiki page up; a lot of the information on everything this mod changes I think will be very beneficial for everyone, so I will finish that as soon as possible. Hopefully my tips have helped you in some way, and best of luck!

I'll answer the questions one by one and hopefully they can be of some assistance. I appreciate all of this feedback! It really helps, considering that I am the only one working on the mod at the moment. Here are some of the answers:

1) Yeah, water can lower the current environment temperature. However, in the current released version (1.0.0.1), each biome's water has differing water temperatures. Some, like the Jungle, have very warm water, which doesn't entirely makes sense, to be honest. In version 1.1, I think I am going to streamline it so water anywhere, regardless of biome, will lower your body temperature. Working on the update as much as I can!

2) It depends on the armor. Every armor set has a different set bonus, and every armor has a different benefit, whether it be toward the heat toward the cold. For example, cactus armor negates 25% of the desert heat, meteor armor negates the cold of space, etc. However, that being said, some armors also have negative traits in contrast to their positive traits (for example, some armors such as the molten set have a boost toward your body temperature, making you hotter, which could potentially be a bad thing, but as a trade off you get greatly increased cold comfortability). So all of this to say, essentially, it depends on the armor set! If your armor set reduces heat comfortability and you're dying of heat stroke, sometimes taking it off is your best bet.

3) Yes, actually! However, you do not get their bonuses if they are in your vanity slots, they must be actively equipped. This includes all of the cloaks; wearing any cloak will increase your cold comfortability by quite a lot, so if you can get your hands on one, it will have been worth the investment. The worm scarf also gives a bit of cold resistance along side the vanilla damage reduction, so if you have a corruption world, take a look at that.

4) One of the main problems right now with the mod is that the players (you) don't have adequate access to information (which I apologize for). I am in the process of creating a wiki that will include all changes, and I'm working on it as much as I can. As for right now, though, to specifically protect yourself against the heat, I recommend Obsidian Armor (greatly increased heat comfortability), the "Cooling Potion" item which also greatly increases heat comfortability, or finding a Lava Charm/crafting an Obsidian Skull. For the Cooling Potions, you'll see the Cherry Barb fish, which can be caught exclusively on the Jungle Surface. The Cooling Potion's tooltip is broken at the moment (fixed in version 1.1), but it increases heat comfortability by 8 degrees Celsius.

5) Yeah, it can be a bit intense for sure. There's a lot of factors that go into the end temperature, so there's obviously a lot to keep track of. But in general, I recommend going across cold biomes during the peak of the day (noon) since that will be when the sun will be at its hottest; vice versa for hot biomes, the peak of the night (midnight) since that is when it will be the coldest across the entire world. And, if available, don't be afraid to make Cooling/Warmth potions for each respective biome. Also, avoid going into hot biomes when it is raining, due to the grealty increased Humidity (since that will grealty increase how hot it feels). All that being said, I will still need to watch the temperature values very closely; I am still debating on whether or not the intensity of the climates still needs adjusting. It will take awhile to get just right!

6) Fire does help; just from Campfires at the moment, however. You gotta be very close to them, though. In version 1.1, I am adding a small heat bonus for holding torches or standing next to a torch, though. Also, being indoors at the moment does not protect against humidity or the wind temperature. That is also being fixed in version 1.1. I think the best rememdy right now in general is using Cooling/Warmth potions, make sure to stock up on those! They will be very beneficial.

7) I know you didn't mention it, but whenever you head towards the Underworld, it is practically necessary to have an obsidian skull, since it is EXTREMELY hot down there. The obisidan skull will lower the heat of the Underworld substantially (40% to be exact).

Alright, that should be answers for all of your response. Again, I really appreciate the feedback! I think what is most important right now is me getting the wiki page up; a lot of the information on everything this mod changes I think will be very beneficial for everyone, so I will finish that as soon as possible. Hopefully my tips have helped you in some way, and best of luck!

Okay, this is going to help a LOT. Thank you so much. XD

1) Okay, cool. Looking forward to it.

2) Ooooh. That's actually freaking awesome. So not only are there heat and cold, but there are different types of heat and cold, and some armor protect against certain ones but not others? That's even better. Though you didn't say if removing one's clothes help against heat. :p

Also, you've saved me from future confusion. I thought Molten Armor was going to be actually strong against heat - because it was made of a material that can withstand lava - but now that I think about it, it does would make a LOT of sense to make it strong VS cold instead. Out of curiosity, are you planning to add tooltips as to what given items protects against in item descriptions (not sure what it's called, but... the info that shows up about an item when you put the cursor over it in the inventory) at some point later?

3) Very useful to know, much appreciated. So vanity may be useful, although it must be worn in the main slot. Noted.

4) Great! I can work with that. Or at least I will be able to once I get to digging deep enough to get obsidian.

5) Understood. Rome wasn't built in a day. If fire and water help more in the next update, and now that I know more about what armors will keep me from dying over and over again, I think I'll manage. Thanks.

6) Looking forward to that fix, lol.

7) Got'cha. I take it the evolved forms of the Obsidian Skull carry on that advantage as well, such as the Obsidian Horseshoe?

You've been a great help. Thanks again, and godspeed with this little wonder of a mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom