Terreria White Screen Fixed

Pottseous

Terrarian
G'day all,

This has been an issue for me for weeks. I've made previous posts trying to get help but nothing eventuated. So this is a new post with a solution that worked for me.

Followed all online information to help with this error that is very common. Nothing worked, all online information was repetitive and multiple sites listing same solutions.

My end result was that it had to be a graphics issue.

My solution was to stop RivaTuner statistics and MSI Afterburner for Geforce Graphics card. Now I stopped both without testing in between so only one might be causing the issue.

I started with Riva, I did this by selecting not to open with startup / windows, to which it just opens itself back up after you close it anyway. So I found it in processes in task manager, right clicked to find location and changed the name of the executable so it could not restart.

In error I did not test Terraria after this, but MSI all I had to do was select not to open with startup / windows and close it and it stayed closed.

After both these were closed Terraria started with a black screen, had a bit of a delay but opened. I had to adjust a lot of graphics settings as I have been mucking around this for some time now trying to get it running as I suspected it was graphics that was causing the problems.

But this was successful for me so hopefully if you have NVIDIA Geforce graphics processor then this could be the solution to get you running again.

found a solution after 3 hours of looking go to steam right click terraria or tmodloader which ever you want to launch then press on properties>local files>Browse> and then simply click on terraria and it will open
you cant open it from steam you have to go to this folder to open it no idea why

Back
Top Bottom