tModLoader Terrextras

Do You Like The Mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuplexLake

Terrarian
Download:

The mod updates quite frequently so keep an eye out for updates! Download The Mod Here: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/Terrextras.tmod

A Little Bit About The Mod:
Terrextras is a mod that adds in over 100 new items that can be dropped or crafted! If you think something needs a buff or a nerf feel free to say so, I'd be happy to get some feedback and maybe also change some things with the mod.

Some Items From The Mod:
The Recorder Lagged My Game And The Game Is Around 4x Faster Than The Video. Audio Was Cut In This Since The Terraria Music Was Louder Than My Voice.

And There Are A Lot More Items To Check Out!

Why I Made The Mod:

The reason I've made the mod is since some items in Terraria don't have any use after crafting with an item once. So I've added more recipes for things that are not needed after awhile like gem items, since all people really make to help advance in survival is a grappling hook. I've added recipes that include Life Crystals and Life Fruits since when you get too many of them they basically become useless and only are good For their sell price. It also adds in new items in treasure bags. So then you can get some cool new items!

Discord:
The mod even has a discord if you'd like to join! The Link Is https://discord.gg/ntxunRE. I'm also going to be putting pre-released mod versions on there too!
Maybe Coming Soon:
[The Items Aren't Going To Come Out In Order Every Time, This Is Just Listing Stuff]

1. I'm soon planning to add more Treasure Bag drops to the mod! One item that may be added is an item that would be dropped from the King Slime that makes you jump higher!

2. I may add in Accessory Gems like the ones in my other mod Space Royale that give a speed boost, some light, mana, health, ect.

3. I'm Probably Going To Update Textures Over Time. (Shading Ect.)

Credit:

Thanks To ShadowTiger For The Feedback On The Description. Because Of Their Feedback I've Added In What The Mod Is Basically For!

If You Have Any Good Ideas I'll Give Ya Credit For Them Here

Last edited:
Er... perhaps you could post images of the items, and a description of them? There are so many mods here on the site that offer tremendous and tantalizing previews of them that serve as advertising and here, there's essentially no incentive to get it.

It's like if I was walking down the street and I saw a building labeled "Store" with nothing visible in the windows. I'd probably just walk past it.

Er... perhaps you could post images of the items, and a description of them? There are so many mods here on the site that offer tremendous and tantalizing previews of them that serve as advertising and here, there's essentially no incentive to get it.

It's like if I was walking down the street and I saw a building labeled "Store" with nothing visible in the windows. I'd probably just walk past it.
Your right. I'll add a screenshot soon

That's awesome. Thank you! Can't wait to see it.

When I think of a mod, I like to think of it in terms of summaries. Like, "Summarize this mod in ten words or less." It's a central theme. Something like... "What was my motivation behind adding items to this? Why was I doing it?" Then advertise that to the public. Maybe some mods are more Melee-centric. Maybe some mods are based on just exercising your creative muscle. Who knows.

That's awesome. Thank you! Can't wait to see it.

When I think of a mod, I like to think of it in terms of summaries. Like, "Summarize this mod in ten words or less." It's a central theme. Something like... "What was my motivation behind adding items to this? Why was I doing it?" Then advertise that to the public. Maybe some mods are more Melee-centric. Maybe some mods are based on just exercising your creative muscle. Who knows.
i've ran into a problem though. I was going to add it but i can't since i can't get a zoomed in picture and i don't think i can screenshot the game the only screenshot i can get is one with my desktop which is bad. so I was wondering if you know where i can find a photo editor where i can save zoomed pictures. since the one on this pc doesn't save the zoom

You have the individual sprites for the items though, right? They have transparent backgrounds, yes? Upload all of those sprites to an IMGUR account, link them here using IMG tags in spoiler tags, and describe each of them with a text blurb and maybe some resource costs. That's what everyone else does. <(o o.)>

You have the individual sprites for the items though, right? They have transparent backgrounds, yes? Upload all of those sprites to an IMGUR account, link them here using IMG tags in spoiler tags, and describe each of them with a text blurb and maybe some resource costs. That's what everyone else does. <(o o.)>
There Are Over 100 Items So If Anything I'm Gonna Show A Few Of Them.

The ones that would make people think "OMG I have to play this mod right now!" O_O People really just want to know why they should bother with a thing.

The ones that would make people think "OMG I have to play this mod right now!" O_O People really just want to know why they should bother with a thing.
I added the files but now it says the image names out of spoilers to everyone. how can i fix this??? cuz idk

I added the files but now it says the image names out of spoilers to everyone. how can i fix this??? cuz idk
After waking up and checking on the thread, it looks exactly like what it needs to be. *happy shrug* Very well done! :D

I see that the sprites are mostly a recolor and are without shading. I remember being a creative mod-maker with no artistic skills too. Dark, dark days. :p What really helped me was a tutorial like this, and a lot of practice. Practice is WONDERFUL. I cannot stress that enough. It's so immensely rewarding to see your art come to life before your very eyes through your hard work and effort.

I think you're on a path to something amazing. With enough time, energy, and devotion, you could have people flocking to your work in no time. Just give them time to snap their jaws back into place. :p

there new sprites i made for "Life shield" and resprite of your diamond pickaxe in your mod if u like them u can use them but give credit for sprites
New Piskel.png
image.png

Last edited:
there new sprites i made for "Life shield" and diamond pickaxe if u like them u can use them but give credit for sprites
View attachment 208401 View attachment 208402
Your sprites have some mistakes.
1. Your sprites have 1x1 pixels which is bad and terraria sprites shouldn't have them.
2. You didn't use palletes for Diamond pichaxe from vanilla terraria. Making your own palletes is good, but you should use palletes from vanilla terraria, if sprite have stuff from it (I meant that if sprite has wooden part it should have vanilla terraria's wood pallete, same with diamond and with probably all stuff). I'm not professional spriter, so I can't resprite them, but I made an example for diamond pickaxe. Right now this is little bit redone recolored copper pickaxe, but it doesn't have that mistakes, that I typed.

Attachments

• Diamond pickaxe.png
    Diamond pickaxe.png
    402 bytes · Views: 140
Your sprites have some mistakes.
1. Your sprites have 1x1 pixels which is bad and terraria sprites shouldn't have them.
2. You didn't use palletes for Diamond pichaxe from vanilla terraria. Making your own palletes is good, but you should use palletes from vanilla terraria, if sprite have stuff from it (I meant that if sprite has wooden part it should have vanilla terraria's wood pallete, same with diamond and with probably all stuff). I'm not professional spriter, so I can't resprite them, but I made an example for diamond pickaxe. Right now this is little bit redone recolored copper pickaxe, but it doesn't have that mistakes, that I typed.
1.i know i wil fix that , the diamond pick is resprite texture of his texture of pickaxe in mod
2.your diamond pickaxe is good but look like unanimated enchanted iron pickaxe from minecraft

Last edited:
After waking up and checking on the thread, it looks exactly like what it needs to be. *happy shrug* Very well done! :D

I see that the sprites are mostly a recolor and are without shading. I remember being a creative mod-maker with no artistic skills too. Dark, dark days. :p What really helped me was a tutorial like this, and a lot of practice. Practice is WONDERFUL. I cannot stress that enough. It's so immensely rewarding to see your art come to life before your very eyes through your hard work and effort.

I think you're on a path to something amazing. With enough time, energy, and devotion, you could have people flocking to your work in no time. Just give them time to snap their jaws back into place. :p
Honesyly, To Me The Only Thing That Matters Is That The Item Works. I Get What Your Saying. But Not Even Practice Can Help Me. My Hand Writing Is Really Bad. I've Tried To Fix That First But I Never Could. So I'd Say I'd Need To At Least Be Able To Write A Word Nicely First
[doublepost=1535773065,1535772942][/doublepost]
there new sprites i made for "Life shield" and resprite of your diamond pickaxe in your mod if u like them u can use them but give credit for sprites
I'll Give Credit For The Pickaxe And I'm Probably Not Gonna Use The Life Shield Since There Isn't Just 1 Life Shield In The Mod

Earlier I Tried To Make An Item From Scratch Instead Of Changing Up A Terraria Model. I Just Wanted Some Feedback On The Art And Stuff.
208586-c7e95a31dec7f00c1404a7d1b3e5629c.jpg
<----- Slime Boots
[doublepost=1535791053,1535790988][/doublepost]
Also I Forgot To Say Other Life Shields Do End Up Having Hearts On Them
208587-78b4c708595797507d8757ff7f7d6cbe.jpg

Attachments

• SlimeBoots.png
    SlimeBoots.png
    265 bytes · Views: 173
  • LifeShield2.png
    LifeShield2.png
    352 bytes · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom