Terria for steam wont open need help please

I recently bought Terraria for PC on steam, how ever when i try to start it nothing happens and when i check on steam it show the game as running, as well as Terraria exe. running in task manager, but the game doesnt open or anything. when i try opening it again, steam gives me the error "An error occured while updating terraria (app running). Ive already checked and my computer meets the requirements to run it. ive also already verified the local files through steam. please help, if more info is needed i will reply as soon as possible

Lets see what the error logs have to say as well as the event viewer. Follow the guide Marcus made below to enable the error logging:

0eiPNMV.png

After that lets check what's in your event viewer. Press start and type in "Event Viewer". Click the result that shows up under programs. In the new window that pops up click "Windows Logs" on the left hand side, then click "Applications". View any errors and warnings with either .Net or Terraria as it's source. Make sure the details portion of the window is visible so I can diagnose the issue.

Back
Top Bottom