Console Terrible split screen performance on Xbox one x

Nystrai

Terrarian
Hi. I’ve been a long time fan and own terraria on five different platforms.

I’ve noticed that terraria 1.3 on my Xbox one x has terrible lag during split screen gameplay. Most noticeable during boss fights. There also seems to be a number of glitches and bugs that have been plaguing the platform since the patch release.

Is there any plan to take advantage of the expanded resources of the Xbox one x or ps4 pro platforms? Conversely, are there plans to optimize for a solid 30fps lock during split screen multiplayer?

I used to love playing this game but the lag has really gotten out of hand and with other games hitting 4k30 on this console I can’t really see why this wouldn’t be possible here.

Basically im asking when we console players might actually see some progress from pipe works in the area of performance optimization and bug fixes. From what I gather it’s been a long time since 1.3 launch and we essentially have a product that doesn’t seem like it was really ready for launch.

Anyway. Thank you for this wonderful game. That goes double for the enjoyment my kids get it of it. I don’t want to seem ungrateful, and hope I don’t come across that way. Simply concerned about the current state of performance and the current cornucopia of bugs plaguing this otherwise amazing title.

Thank you!

Rest assured that Pipeworks are working on fixing the console version to be a solid experience. The game has had some issues and fixing them has been slow-going due to the team having to re-write the code from the ground up in an effort to keep the console version up to speed with the PC version. I also have problems on the PS4 version, having lag during splitscreen sessions is a common problem many players face. If you wish to see more info, please check out this thread for more info from the team at Pipeworks: https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...te-feedback-thread.64220/page-73#post-1611432

And be sure to keep an eye on the news section for any updates that Pipeworks are pushing out or any info that Pipeworks would like to share with the community.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Hello thank you for your report. If you wouldn't mind, this link will take you to the 505 support website where you can file a ticket with them directly, this also gives them a hand in prioritizing bugs by showing them a snapshot of how common they are. Please be as detailed as possible. This page is our FAQ and workaround thread for console 1.3 issues. Please check there for our most up to date list of workarounds for common issues. :)

Back
Top Bottom