tModLoader Terrorborn mod

Penumbral

Skeletron
TBLogo.png

Currently Version: 0.1.5.6

Note: this forum is currently a bit outdated and I'm too lazy to update it for now. For more up-to-date information, check it out on the steam workshop.

Join our Discord to find out more about the mod.

The Terrorborn mod by Penumbral is a WIP content mod for Terraria which aims to add a well made storyline to the game that is well integrated through the mod's features. The story will be quite small upon releasing the mod but it's all planned out and we will be revealing more about it as time goes on.

The mod’s initial release will add:
• 4 new challenging bosses, made to challenge players more than vanilla
• 1 new mechanic: Terror
• 6 terrifying abilities that make use of the terror mechanic
• A WIP storyline that will grow as the mod gains more content
• 2 new NPCs with unique and useful functions
• About 150 new items, most of which have unique effects that make them useful
• The lore of the mod will be findable in-game and expand as the mod updates. That's right- no having to look at the wiki to find the lore.

Note that we are currently working on a very large update, called the "Dreadwind" update. A compilation of spoilers for that can be found at the bottom of this page!

NPCs:
Skeleton Sheriff:
"Any evil that threatens this place may have a bad time"
Skeleton_Sheriff_Resprite.gif

The skeleton sheriff is a town NPC added by Terrorborn which sells various items with a custom currency, obtained from his unique mechanic- biome hunting. Essentially, by killing enemies in a certain biome and returning to him, he will give you combat tokens, which can be used to buy things from his shop.

Terror Master:
"Hello there, you must be a fellow seeker of this... anomaly I've detected in this area."
Terror_Master_NPC.gif

The Terror Master will spawn in as soon as you collect your ability, and will help you expand on your own abilities as time goes on.

Pre-hardmode

Tidal Titan:
TidalTitan_idle.png

A mid pre-hardmode difficulty boss which occasionally spawns during rain in the ocean, with an increased spawnrate after the eater of worlds if it hasn't already been defeated. It attacks mainly by causing tidal waves to erupt from the ground, jumping towards the player, and summoning homing bubbles, which have a chance to spawn a tide crab when popped. It despawns if it sinks into the water during the boss fight, so building some platforms is encouraged.

It drops cracked shells which can be used in armor, and a weapon for each class. Defeating it will also cause Azurite to generate in the caverns of your world.

"Humans aren't the only ones with a Terror-infused form... sometimes, although rarely, a crab may be born with special powers. Such things are not to be underestimated."

Crustacean Crackdown - Terrorborn soundtrack

Dunestock:

Dunestock_Resprited_with_some_fixes.gif

A post-skeletron desert boss which can be summoned using a Dried Canteen
DriedCanteen.png
. It attacks by sending out a barrage of needles, tumbleweeds, and later on claws, as well as occasionally taking flight, leaving it's lower body behind to crawl after the player, and eventually landing back onto it, reforming.

"The undead are a powerful force, and can work together to form horrific beings of ridiculous potential. This one in particular stopped trading routes for years."

Blight of the Dunes - Terrorborn soundtrack
Dread in the Dustwind - Terrorborn soundtrack

Hardmode:

Shadowcrawler:
New_Shadow_crawler.gif

A spider which can be fought as soon as you've beaten all of the mechanical bosses. It attacks by jumping around aggressively and firing volleys of midnight fireballs. To defeat it, you'll have to learn how to dodge eat of its patterns

"Once an enemy of Tenebris's military, it seems to have merged with the dead of Anekronyx. And it doesn't appreciate that."

Crepuscular Crawler - Terrorborn soundtrack

Prototype I:
Shadow_plasmite_core_resprite_full_without_pupil.gif

A post-golem boss summoned by using a Plasma Core, which has two main phases and attacks you with swift attacks, while telegraphing teleports so you don't get telefragged. It drops lunar event tier weapons to make that first lunar event much easier.

"When Tenebris had heard of the infection's effect on Orume, he had to try and seize a fraction of that power for himself. That didn't quite go as planned."

Dark Matter - Terrorborn soundtrack

Mechanics:

meterpiece_7.png

One of the main additions of Terrorborn. Shriek to collect the terror of your enemies and use that terror as mana for various accessories, abilities, and weapons. There are currently 6 (7 if you count the first) terror abilities in the mod, and they all aim to have their own use.

Gear:

AmethystIncense.png
DiamondIncense.png
EmeraldIncense.png
RubyIncense.png
SapphireIncense.png
TopazIncense.png

The incenses are early game accessories crafted with gems. They give players a boost that scales with the number of nearby enemies, making them useful for invasions.

AzuriteHelmet.png
AzuriteChestplate.png
AzuriteLeggings.png
AzurePearl.png
AzuriteGlaive.png
AzuriteSword.png
AzuriteDagger.png
AzuriteArrow.png
AzuriteBullet.png

Azurite is a post-Tidal Titan ore which is used to craft multiple different weapons that are more powerful than demonite, but not quite as powerful as dungeon weapons. It additionally is used to make a mage set of armor.

"The defeat of a tidal force seems to have condensed water into a gem-like form throughout the caverns of this world. I'm intrigued, to say the least."

TarSwarm.png
1613244116216.png
Tarfury.png
TarCavalryStaff.png

Post-Skeletron gear crafted with tar, which is dropped from post-skeletron underground desert enemies. They are all upgrades of weapons from earlier in the game.

The weapons they upgrade are below:
Bee Gun - Tar Swarm
Slime Gun - Tar Sprayer
Starfury - Tarfury
Slime Staff - Tar Cavalry Staff

"Tar seems to have appeared in the water of the underground desert. Unfortunately, that means the inhabitants have begun drinking it."

IncendiusAlloy.png
IncendiaryVisor.png
IncendiaryBreastplate.png
IncendiaryLeggings.png
IncendiaryShield.png
IncendiusGodblade.png
IncendiusChakram.png
IncendiusShreddage.png
Flamelauncher.png
IncendiaryArrow.png
IncendiaryBullet.png
IncendiusPickaxe.png
IncendiusAxe.png
IncendiusWarhammer.png

An early hardmode group of equipment crafted with Incendius Alloy. It is used to craft a summoner armor set, quick but weak tools, a melee accessory, and weapons for every class.

"Although the prison that had contained so many souls has been destroyed, fragments of its power seem to have spread throughout the world."

Credits:
Spriters:
Jellybru
CR1MS4NE
LightningShox

Composers:
LightningShox
CR1MS4NE
ProVISIO

Coders:
Just me and Seraph

Last edited:
Is this even the right spot? Attempted to post it earlier, but it was in the wrong spot, apparently, and I had to do my best to remove it (while I don't think it can be removed) :sigh:

Last edited:
Ah, another aspiring modder has joined the forums to show the world what he's got, welcome!
Good presentation, I like the ideas, and you've got some talented spriting skills on the team, provided it's not a one man project
If it's not thou, even if they're not here, it's a good idea to list everyone who helped in any significant shape or form.

Eitherway best of luck and I hope it becomes well known name among Terraria mods!

I hope yall will like the UltraTerror mod when it's fully released, the bosses will really set up a challenge... got to admit i died a lot by the pre-hardmode ones ;-;, love to yall :pinky:

I updated my post with some of the new resprites we made. If there are any problems let me know and I'll try to fix it.

Updated the post with some of our boss soundtracks! Check them out if you're interested, they're linked in the bosses section.

Back
Top Bottom