Terrraria 1.4.1 update visual glitches on Linux (not playable)

stofkat

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
GOG
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Linux Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Some strange visual glitches appear when starting the game after updating to 1.4.1
It is completely unplayable, because it's just a bunch of squares floating around instead of image/textures (see screenshot)
It seems as if it doesn't load most of the assets for some reason
Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I'm running the game on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, installed via GOG

Console output:

$ ./start.sh
Running Terraria
Error Logging Enabled.
EXT_swap_control_tear unsupported. Fall back to standard VSync.
FNA3D Driver: OpenGL
OpenGL Renderer: Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2)
OpenGL Driver: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 20.0.8
OpenGL Vendor: Intel
MojoShader Profile: glsl120
Resolution changed to: 800x600.
Razer Chroma not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: RzChromaSDK.dll assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
at (wrapper managed-to-native) ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.NativeMethods.Init()
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.RazerDeviceGroup.Initialize () [0x0000a] in <9933f737144e439f8b53d97f8a3010b9>:0
Corsair RGB not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: CUESDK_2015.dll assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
at (wrapper managed-to-native) ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Corsair.NativeMethods.CorsairPerformProtocolHandshake()
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Corsair.CorsairDeviceGroup.Initialize () [0x00014] in <9933f737144e439f8b53d97f8a3010b9>:0
Logitech RGB not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: LogitechLedEnginesWrapper assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
at (wrapper managed-to-native) ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Logitech.NativeMethods.LogiLedInit()
at ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Logitech.LogitechDeviceGroup.Initialize () [0x0000a] in <9933f737144e439f8b53d97f8a3010b9>:0

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-10-14 21-40-18.png
    Screenshot from 2020-10-14 21-40-18.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 116
Hey there @stofkat, we had another user with a similar issue, and he tried some steps for us and it fixed it, would you mind trying them out? Here is the thread for that report:

Let me know if that works for you?

HI Leinfors, thanks for the quick reply!

It looks like the same issue, however I'm running the game via GoG, so the instructions do not match exactly. How can I use the same parameters running the game from GoG?
I can start it via the `start.sh` shell script, so I guess I should be able to add parameters there. However it does not seem to work (yet)

I'll admit, I'm neither familiar with GOG nor Linux parameters, so I wouldn't want to even begin to guess. I'll try to ask Yoraiz0r when he has a free moment.

Nevermind, I've found what I did wrong:

Instead of adding the parameters to start.sh (which is opened from the shortcut) I had to launch the Terraria executable directly from the 'game' folder and add the parameter there

So for me:
Code:
~/GOG Games/Terraria/game/Terraria /glprofile:es3

did the trick.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Excellent! I'm glad it worked!

Next time we have a GOG user with this issue, I'll make sure to direct them to this thread. :)

Back
Top Bottom