tModLoader TES Experience System

Yuji Sakai

Terrarian
I was inspired by The Elder Scroll game series and created small RPG mod.
It is in WiP/beta but finally playable. long story short: actions gives you xp, xp gives you levels, levels gives you stronger buffs. zero level classes are not shown.

mod is OSS but I haven't yet chosen licence, so it's subject to change.

FAQ
How to download?
search TES on Mod List in Terraria Mod Loader.

What it does?
adds no-maintenance class levelup system

It seems to not work!
you need to get at least 1000 xp in some class for it to work. you can check your exp via /tes_stats.

Interesting mod, but do we get anymore bonuses after getting a 1000exp?
Yes. Just make sure you have newest version of the mod. Old one had a bug that prevented this to work properly...

I need to say you something in private (about the mod), can I?
Sure! You can ask questions and give suggestions to [email protected] or Yuji Sakai #6540 on Discord.

PS: I will edit this thread Later
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discord Server for the Mod

Last edited:
Interesting mod, but do we get anymore bonuses after getting a 1000exp? trying out the mod now and don't see any extra bonuses and I got 13k summoner exp.

There are bonuses one per class, but does different thing on various levels. the bonuses are implemented as buffs. 13k summoner should have minion count lifted up a bit :) I hope I coded it properly. anyway i will check for typos :p

EDIT: be sure to upgrade to newest version.

EDIT: you should have +2 max minions at this point.

EDIT: now /tes_stats show level info

EDIT: fixed rounding bug

EDIT: class buffs are refreshed every 30 seconds, so you have to wait up to 30s after leveling to effects take place. can be annoying when fighting bosses :p

EDIT: there is leveling bug I will fix it soon :(

EDIT: Fixed nasty bug with leveling on level 2+, yay !

Last edited:
Hey, I am in the middle of a play-through right now and this mod would really add to that experience. Are you able to provide any small gifs or video, perhaps a couple of screenshots to give some visual of what it is all like? :D

I am not good at documenting stuff... but basically there are several classes where you get experience. there is no punishment for multiclass roleplay. on the base of gathered experience you get levels in each class. the classes with level 1+ get some nice bonuses. there is no maluses for underleveled character (i.e. level 0 character is exactly as good/bad as without the mod). Not all classes yet have the effect, but currently those have something nice: melee, ranged, throwing, magic, summonnning and bravery (bravery is for killing bosses). for battle classes you get experience for giving final blow to the monster (so if your friend gets final blow then he/she would get the experience, if town NPC gives final blow, it is wasted). I am into creating some non-battle classes (mining and cutting and gathering are the examples). I consider for adding friendship class (for allowing town NPC to fight for you to make you some reward).

I am not good at documenting stuff... but basically there are several classes where you get experience. there is no punishment for multiclass roleplay. on the base of gathered experience you get levels in each class. the classes with level 1+ get some nice bonuses. there is no maluses for underleveled character (i.e. level 0 character is exactly as good/bad as without the mod). Not all classes yet have the effect, but currently those have something nice: melee, ranged, throwing, magic, summonnning and bravery (bravery is for killing bosses). for battle classes you get experience for giving final blow to the monster (so if your friend gets final blow then he/she would get the experience, if town NPC gives final blow, it is wasted). I am into creating some non-battle classes (mining and cutting and gathering are the examples). I consider for adding friendship class (for allowing town NPC to fight for you to make you some reward).
This is informative enough for me to understand the jist of what you're doing and it all sounds like a great idea honestly! For the non-combat skills how would this be applied? Would there be like so much of a chance to collect two ores after mining one etc.. Maybe I am asking too much too soon, I will certainly give it a try on a new character and world. Is there a way I could report any sort of potential bugs I may run into or something along those lines?

you can post them here, or talk privately on mail or discord :)

EDIT: I now support the support function of hamstar mod helpers

Last edited:
is there any way to change the volume of the music thing that plays? i have my game volume set to ~8% so it's literally 15 times as loud as everything else.

yes there is I think. the game threats the thing as sound I think ...
I may also change the sound volume that it matches music volume.

EDIT: done

Last edited:
After the recent update (6h ago i believe) i've been getting this error when trying to load the mod:

Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Expected resource not found:
Buffs/Another_XP_buff
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placement error?)
Buffs/__Another_XP_buff

at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<BeginLoad>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecutionContextCallback(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean bPreventDoubleExecution)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

[12:08:51] [28/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading TES
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
Terraria.ModLoader.Exceptions.MissingResourceException: Expected resource not found:
Buffs/Another_XP_buff
Closest guess: (Is there a spelling or folder placement error?)
Buffs/__Another_XP_buff

at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.<>c.<Load>b__30_1(Mod mod)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent(CancellationToken token, Action`1 loadAction)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.Load(CancellationToken token)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.Load(CancellationToken token)

I like this mod's buffs,its like Kalchipoz's RPG mod but with better buffs that can scale to end game (especially with mods like calamity) and still prove to be very useful and no messy HUDs or annoying weapon drops that clutter your inventory

After the last patch the sound is incredibly loud again. Before the patch it was great, now it just messes with my ears! :D
Other than that, great mod. Keep up the incredible work! :)

It started happening again after the last update. I should be mentioning, that i'm playing with the mod in singleplayer. No clue if that helps you in finding and solving the problem.

Hello, i tested this mod, and... Wow, it's a mess.
-Is there any way to stop that music, it plays so often that it literally broke the soundtrack.
-Using the inferno buff completly breaks the experience calculation. Killing a critter with it makes +29997 exp on magic and enchantement.
-Why that jingle even plays ? I want to know.
-Because of all the levels up in magic, my MP is so high that it's locked at 400.

Back
Top Bottom