tModLoader TES Experience System

I would think something about it, but later - sorry. I am enjoying Christmas with family. Later I would fix some things in TES :p

No worries, I honestly didn't even expect a reply till after Christmas or New Years! I also happened to notice during playtime that fishing was left seemingly cold on the doorstep. quite a few classes get small extra abilities, like crafting with ignoring bench requirements, but fishing only gets power. Other mod's I've noticed have added features increasing the amount of lures you can put out at once. Maybe that's somewhere you could look to expand the fishing skill, like every 10 levels you can get another Lure on your pole?

Im not of course begging for it, moreso a thought from someone who's done a good chunk of playtesting for games in the past, and some light modding myself.

Merry Christmas, happy New Decade!

thanks wierdcrow. multiple lures are hard to code, but I may invent something. currently are a few perks for fishing but they are for high levels sadly (such as water-breathing or mimicking other accesory modifiers)

some changes lately :)

no more free XP from revesible recipes (0.1.2.224)
capped plusgrabrange at 20000 (were 2000000) (0.1.2.225)
finally no more free XP from revesible recipes (0.1.2.227)
well now it should work (0.1.2.228)
added an safety_lock hotkey (0.1.229)
fixed safety locking for builder (0.1.230)
fixed magnet function (0.1.2.231)

The bee summons are awarding Mystery exp, would you be able to fix that?

Edit: It is also affecting the imp summons from the imp staff.

Last edited:
Is it just me or am I leveling up after I leave a game and go to the main menu? The level up music plays.

Also I just want to ask but, why does this mod need a dependency that adds data for every single tile in a world? That mod alone GREATLY increases world saving and loading times, even AFTER it's unloaded.
A mod like this doesn't seem like it has a need to write and read special data from tiles :confused:

it's required mod resource worldtilesflags demanding the saving/loading world time
the WTF saves info on the world about every tile
TES uses WTF for some code about adventurer class

it persist even AFTER it's unloaded because the modloader doesn't want the world to lose this information (which is ok)

the music glitch is an UI bug I think

it's required mod resource worldtilesflags demanding the saving/loading world time
the WTF saves info on the world about every tile
TES uses WTF for some code about adventurer class

it persist even AFTER it's unloaded because the modloader doesn't want the world to lose this information (which is ok)

the music glitch is an UI bug I think
Ah I see now, still I think there's gotta be a better way to do this, instead of using a mod that adds data for EVERY TILE, why not just make a list and add data to that and save it to track where the player has been? (you could get away with using a special ID for each tile, something like a tile's X+(Main.maxTilesX*Y) That'll still be far faster than the current system as it'll only need to know where the player has been... IF, that's how your system works. This is just how I'd do it.

The other thing is likely not an issue with this mod, but D-MODE's orbs don't drop while this mod is enabled, I got a feeling was done for balance reasons so the 2 mods don't stack their stat boosts, the other elements of that mod work normally.
I'd ask Moonbad but he doesn't seem to be around anymore, so I'm bringing it up here just incase you know anything about it.

worldtilesflags would have more uses in future and loading time increase would be constant not depending on flags used in all mods which use WTF

fixed enchanter skill. added some perks.

EDIT: DO you have any suggestions? I would love to hear them.

Last edited:
3 things:

--after enough skill level ups, you get a general level up, as of right now, I'd say that'd only increase the below:
--as with all rpg mods, enemies that scale with the player, but based on a general level instead of skill levels
--Compress your skills into 1 buff that shows you all the info, remember that players are limited to 22 buffs (2 are hidden), so the skills are blocking others from existing, or find some other way to do this

as for anything else not really atm, the only TES game I played is Skyrim, and so far the leveling system seems to work just like it, pretty cool.

the limit of 22 buffs is not anymore valid.
any mod can increase the limit by just one line of code:
public override uint ExtraPlayerBuffSlots => 64;
where you can replace 64 with any positive number.
it's exactly 64 in my mod so more buffs are unlocked than maxed character can use for level-buffs.

EDIT:
Idea of general level-up is nice :) and it would be just as easy as adding all levels the player have.
I may think about adding enemy scalling but it would be probably another mod (with dependency on TES)

Oh nice, that's finally a native feature!
No more fighting for room, yay!

Also wasn't aware you could use a lambda in place of a get: property, very nice, thank you !

Idea of general level-up is nice :) and it would be just as easy as adding all levels the player have.
I may think about adding enemy scalling but it would be probably another mod (with dependency on TES)

I'm suggesting it because atleast in skyrim, after you level enough skills, you level up in general, while I don't feel the player needs buffs from general levels, I do feel the mod needs to scale enemies some to ammount to that so the player doesn't overpower them later on and this is a good way to measure that
You could always make it a config option of course

I am following the rule: no settings which could dramatically change the game. so it have to be another mod.

EDIT: There is now a mod called TES_Difficulty, it increases difficulty for TES players.

Last edited:
fixed TES eating tons of network transfer

EDIT:
should eat much less network transfer
(0.1.2.273)

EDIT:
some important fixes
(0.1.2.277)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom