tModLoader TES Experience System

I have run into a problem where it says that i am missing a mod called LOCK. I have searched for the mod, and I could not find it. I cannot even find the TES mod on the mod browser anymore. any suggestions?

download LOCK mod, full name is anti-grief building-locker
TES mod should be on browser with new dependency

Last edited:
Is it just me or is the Level Up Sound Effect Volume not adjustable. I usually have my sounds 10% but when I get a Level Up it is 10 times louder.

because I want to make it more modular :p

Making it a REQUIRED dependency doesn't make it modular. >_>
If you want to make it modular, you need to make it so rather than making the mods required, it adds the content (recipes, items, npcs, etc.) when the secondary mod is enabled.

well I wish to do it that some mods that are dependencies, can work without main mod :)
and now there is next dependency required - Audio4TES (TMUS.tmod) so upload sizes of TES.tmod would be smaller

As if the extreme overhead that worldtiles writes to your worlds wasn't enough (why you think making a world take 5X as long or more to load and save is ok is beyond me, on a small world, mind you), but now we have a ton of "these really should be part of the base mod" one-of dependencies.
Why is this title screen one even 20MBs!? I don't see the reason for that

This is a bad direction to take your mods, it's going to make people not want to try it because it requires way too many things to be downloaded prior.
If TMODLoader didn't have the "download dependencies" feature it has now, this would be terrible.

This makes me angry because, I really like this mod, I find it unique among RPG mods and I really want to play with it. :/
well I wish to do it that some mods that are dependencies, can work without main mod :)
and now there is next dependency required - Audio4TES (TMUS.tmod) so upload sizes of TES.tmod would be smaller
And this is a really good time to learn to use Weak Mod References, so it's NOT REQUIRED, but having it will add more to a person's experience (in this case, music), if your going to make it required than what's the point of splitting it up in the first place? People still end up downloading 2 mods at the end of the day that take up a similar amount of space as the 1 before it was split.
My same point as @Lostglaceon I'm making here

And again, your menu mod is 20MBs, that's much larger than TES.tmod...

Last edited:
menu mod shouldn't be upgraded frequently, same with TMUS
I think MNU and TMUS should be "download and forget"
MNU was so frequently upgraded because it had bugs (it have none known)
TES was just a bit too large to upload so frequently for me.

I am still learning about weak references, but currently it's mostly Call thing :(
audio for TES is required.

EDIT: I think I badly measured size of the world :(
EDIT: fixed bug in worldtilesflags, so game used and saved too much memory. sadly it effects with lost of flags on first reload.

Last edited:
Right, this makes a bit more sense, it's a matter of compiling and uploading time that slows you dowe, but it's still a rather questionable approuch non the less
Audio is heavy, so I can't blame it being split. However WorldTiles, LOCK, and MNU, I don't see why can't be included in TES. (For the time being until you make other mods that make use of their features)

And again how does 1 image make MNU 20MBs, what is there like left over files in it? While I did notice there's a config to turn it off (neato on you) why it's required... when it really shouldn't be.
But knowing how this is evolving, I get a feeling your going to be doing alot more with it, so people will end up wanting it for the full experience.

I "personally" don't mind all the dependencies but it's a general idea to not use them if you can.
But above all, I won't mind most of this if yes, you improved the way your WorldTiles lib works. Those load times were a complete "no go" for me, and likely anyone else who used your mod, wish they'd leave some feedback here tbh.

Once again, don't take this as any shade, I appericate all the effort your putting into this, the framework just needs a bit more work, especially the worldtiles lib.

PS: weak references arn't easy, god knows how hard I've tried to make something work in Calamity's abyss :p

You should check out Bismuth mod, it finally came out a few days back. It has a good skill-tree system that I'd like to see used in more ways. What I'd absolutely LOVE is if someone made a Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning mod. Modular weapons, Fateweaver skill-trees, (maybe even) the potion-experimenting system. Another good one is Divinity II. It's character customization is REALLY good. It doesn't focus much on physical attributes, but rather having a ton of skill customization right off the bat, you can even multi-class!

Anyways, enough ranting on my favorite skill-tree/level up systems in games (I will never bring up Fallout 1/2 because I'd talk for HOURS about it :p). I think the first step is to remove all the dependencies from the side mods first. On the TES-specific side mods (Difficulty and Thorium), make the only requirement the main TES mod, since that will automatically download its dependencies anyways.

There is intentionally no tree or no points to spend, it follows The Elder Scrolls rules.
The dependencies of dependencies doesn't download automatically last time I checked.
Then I have to ask: is TES Difficulty default settings too easy or too hard? maybe too flat or too dynamic?
anyway You can change the parameters on server side or singleplayer client.

You should check out Bismuth mod, it finally came out a few days back. It has a good skill-tree system that I'd like to see used in more ways. What I'd absolutely LOVE is if someone made a Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning mod. Modular weapons, Fateweaver skill-trees, (maybe even) the potion-experimenting system. Another good one is Divinity II. It's character customization is REALLY good. It doesn't focus much on physical attributes, but rather having a ton of skill customization right off the bat, you can even multi-class!
There is intentionally no tree or no points to spend, it follows The Elder Scrolls rules.
This is the point of this, while I've only played Skyrim, I take it this system is based off the older games which I have not (but really should) play.
It's practically the same as Skyrim's system, just without the General level up (that lets you increase HP, Mana, or Stamina) or the Perks you unlock via General level ups. And that's still alot all things considered!

The dependencies of dependencies doesn't download automatically last time I checked.
It indeed does not, a user has to press the "download with dependencies" button to get them, but it should be a no brainer that 'the mod won't work without them'.
Then I have to ask: is TES Difficulty default settings too easy or too hard? maybe too flat or too dynamic?
anyway You can change the parameters on server side or singleplayer client.
When I get around to playing with this mod in a legit playthrough, I'll get back to you on that, promise. I Appericate this difficulty addon.

Hi! Maybe you should combine some of your mods into one so TES doesn't have like 4 different dependencies.

Back
Top Bottom