tModLoader TES Experience System

I have a weird problem where I can't break any blocks in my world, but this only started recently. It just plays the block breaking sound and particle effects really fast over and over again. At first I thought it was a veinminer thing, but it only happens when this mod is enabled, and when only this mod is disabled the problem goes away. I'm not sure, but it might have something to do with the LOCK dependency mod? I tried to see if the mod was maybe putting grief protection on my entire world for some reason, but I couldn't find any configuration or anything for changing the protection.

LOCK only works for autobuilt houses or if you use /lock command,
it shouldn't lock entire world.

EDIT: "Industrial Pickaxes" maybe? it's known to cause problems...

Last edited:
Error in playing multiplayer, after which the game crashes.
[20:00:50] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by CalamityGlobalItem from the CalamityMod mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:50] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by LuxArmorEffect from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:50] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by WeaponUpgradeSystem from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:51] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by CalamityGlobalItem from the CalamityMod mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:51] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by LuxArmorEffect from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:51] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by WeaponUpgradeSystem from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:55] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by CalamityGlobalItem from the CalamityMod mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:55] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by LuxArmorEffect from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:55] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by WeaponUpgradeSystem from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:57] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by CalamityGlobalItem from the CalamityMod mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:57] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by LuxArmorEffect from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:00:57] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by WeaponUpgradeSystem from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:10] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by CalamityGlobalItem from the CalamityMod mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:10] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by LuxArmorEffect from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:10] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by WeaponUpgradeSystem from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:13] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by CalamityGlobalItem from the CalamityMod mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:13] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by LuxArmorEffect from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:13] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by WeaponUpgradeSystem from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:14] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by CalamityGlobalItem from the CalamityMod mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:14] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by LuxArmorEffect from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:14] [1/ERROR] [tML]: Above IOException error caused by WeaponUpgradeSystem from the SacredTools mod while reading Guide to Charisma.
[20:01:20] [1/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.BadImageFormatException: OutOfBoundsRead
at System.Reflection.Throw.OutOfBounds()
at System.Reflection.Metadata.Ecma335.MethodDebugInformationTableReader.GetSequencePoints(MethodDebugInformationHandle handle)
at System.Diagnostics.StackTraceSymbols.GetSourceLineInfoWithoutCasAssert(String assemblyPath, IntPtr loadedPeAddress, Int32 loadedPeSize, IntPtr inMemoryPdbAddress, Int32 inMemoryPdbSize, Int32 methodToken, Int32 ilOffset, String& sourceFile, Int32& sourceLine, Int32& sourceColumn)
at System.Diagnostics.StackFrameHelper.InitializeSourceInfo(Int32 iSkip, Boolean fNeedFileInfo, Exception exception)
at System.Diagnostics.StackTrace.CaptureStackTrace(Int32 iSkip, Boolean fNeedFileInfo, Thread targetThread, Exception e)
at DMD<System.Diagnostics.StackTrace::.ctor>(StackTrace , Exception , Boolean )
at Terraria.ModLoader.Core.LoggingHooks.HookStackTraceEx(ctor_StackTrace orig, StackTrace self, Exception e, Boolean fNeedFileInfo)
at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
at System.Exception.GetStackTrace(Boolean needFileInfo)
at System.Exception.ToString(Boolean needFileLineInfo, Boolean needMessage)
at System.Exception.InternalToString()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice.<>c__DisplayClass172_0.<SetVertexBufferData>b__0()
at DMD<Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.OpenGLDevice::ForceToMainThread>(OpenGLDevice , Action )
at Terraria.ModLoader.Engine.GLCallLocker.HookForceToMainThread(orig_ForceToMainThread orig, Object self, Action action)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.FlushBatch()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
at DMD<Terraria.Main::DoDraw>(Main , GameTime )
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform.RunLoop(Game game)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.FNALaunch.Main(String[] args)

Confirmed: Industrial Pickaxes v4.3.1 and TES Experience System v0.14.145 are incompatible

Effects:
- When creating a new world, the process halts at "Adding even more plants!"
- Cannot break tiles in existing worlds

Likely Cause:
- Something in this mod causes something in IP to fail inside their function responsible for breaking tiles
Motivation:
- IP has had issues with this exact outcome from other causes
- There are other mods that also cause this issue in combination with IP

Notes:
- The dependencies of this mod and IP were also checked individually for this incompatibility,
it rests soley with TES Experience System v0.14.145 and Industrial Pickaxes v4.3.1 specifically.

Conclusion:
- The fault rests on Industrial Pickaxes as it seems the cause is common enough that it is incompatible in this way with multiple mods.
- It may still be possible that the issue could be resolved from your end but will not solve the issue for all cases.

Last edited:
So I noticed that items that say they do magic damage tend to give melee damage, is magic experience not tied to if an item does magic damage or not?

I also have an issue where I can't break any of the blocks in the world. I tried typing /lock like you said in a post earlier above but it just asks me to fill in the coordinates. This is really game-breaking and it annoys me I can't fix it because I really like this mod.

EDIT:

Anyone having this issue DISABLE industrial pickaxes, it fixes it.

Last edited:
The issue with Industrial Pickaxes will be fixed in its next update but due to technical difficulties on the part of the IP devs that will likely take a while.

IP does not work with mods that mess with buff slots, this mod messes with buff slots in the sense that it adds a bunch of permanent buffs using the new buff slot feature so they don't count toward vanilla buff indices.

So any mod that does that will also cause this issue with IP as IP is trying to find a drill buff in order to determine something when you break tiles, consequently the breaking tiles function completely fails and you can't break tiles.

Other mods I know of that utilise this feature thus breaking IP:
No Buff Limit
Lan's Unlimited Buff Slots

Last edited:
The issue with Industrial Pickaxes will be fixed in its next update but due to technical difficulties on the part of the IP devs that will likely take a while.

IP does not work with mods that mess with buff slots, this mod messes with buff slots in the sense that it adds a bunch of permanent buffs using the new buff slot feature so they don't count toward vanilla buff indices.

So any mod that does that will also cause this issue with IP as IP is trying to find a drill buff in order to determine something when you break tiles, consequently the breaking tiles function completely fails and you can't break tiles.

Other mods I know of that utilise this feature thus breaking IP:
No Buff Limit
Lan's Unlimited Buff Slots
would probability help if IP had a forum page and wasn't a discord-only mod

I was inspired by The Elder Scroll game series and created small RPG mod.
It is in WiP/beta but finally playable. long story short: actions gives you xp, xp gives you levels, levels gives you stronger buffs. zero level classes are not shown.

mod is OSS but I haven't yet chosen licence, so it's subject to change.

FAQ
How to download?
search TES on Mod List in Terraria Mod Loader.

What it does?
adds no-maintenance class levelup system

It seems to not work!
you need to get at least 1000 xp in some class for it to work. you can check your exp via /tes_stats.

Interesting mod, but do we get anymore bonuses after getting a 1000exp?
Yes. Just make sure you have newest version of the mod. Old one had a bug that prevented this to work properly...

I need to say you something in private (about the mod), can I?
Sure! You can ask questions and give suggestions to [email protected] or Yuji Sakai #6540 on Discord.

PS: I will edit this thread Later
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discord Server for the Mod
How do the commands work in this mod? I've been trying to reset my stats, but I keep getting TES_reset need two arguments after I type in a number after bravery class for example. What do I type in for the second argument? (I want to completely reset my xp for bravery class)

/tes_reset bravery 0
it resets bravery to 0 XP

if you wish level 1 then
/tes_reset bravery 1000

if you wish to do with another skill
/tes_reset skill new_amount_of_exp

it can only decrease XP (no increase)

So I tested the Crating buff just to see how hard I could break it, and get some of my questions answered.
I got it to the cap of... *gasp* 30,449 *gasp*. And the benefits were not that great compared to having it at level 1. ~8.5% mat savings vs. 37.08% mat savings...
I just hope that stacks with the alchemy table buff because otherwise *eye twitching intensifies*
Crafting level 25 gives expanded hand crafting, and 75 expands it yet again if I recall correctly.
This is nice and all, but I think this ramp is a bit ridiculous, especially if this level cap applies to all the classes, and with similar scaling.

is there a special mod i have to use to get benefits from the healer class and or bard class? i have not figured out how to earn exp with either of these classes or what healer even does since it just says "does something" when i hover over the healer class buff.

get material stack on top bar of EQ, close EQ, choose from the bar the material stack, then press where you want to place it (there are some placing requirements)
PS: when it's at valid position it should show rectangle frame of the house (where house would be build on click)

in the guide to dexterity, it states that the ranger skill had free magic quiver, rifle scope and shiny shoes. by that do you mean that characters will obtain these items after reaching a certain level or that they will permenantly get the effect of the items? if it is the latter, is there a way to disable the effects(specifically, the rifle scope)?

Back
Top Bottom