Tetris Thread

IndigoGollum

The Destroyer
This thread is for the discussion of official and unofficial Tetris games.

In case anyone doesn't know, Tetris is a soviet puzzle game in which the objective is to make horizontal lines using falling blocks within a playing field. Making a complete row "clears" that line and awards the player score points.

What's your favorite official Tetris game? And what about unofficial games?

This thread is for the discussion of official and unofficial Tetris games.

In case anyone doesn't know, Tetris is a soviet puzzle game in which the objective is to make horizontal lines using falling blocks within a playing field. Making a complete row "clears" that line and awards the player score points.

What's your favorite official Tetris game? And what about unofficial games?
My favorite official absolutely has to be 99, the remix of the main theme in there is a masterpiece

oh, sick a tetris thread, now i can talk about my favorite unofficial tetris game
i've recently downloaded apotris and put it on my gba's flash cart, it's surprisingly well-made, the controls are good and the game has a decent selection of game modes and customization features such as changing the block style, background style, and a light/dark mode.

My favorite is probably Tetris DX for the Gameboy Color purely for nostalgia reasons, it was the first videogame I ever played. Otherwise it's a pretty standard, maybe even a bit dated Tetris game, still, I think it's kinda underrated, everbody remembers the original Gameboy Tetris, but Tetris DX seems to be largely forgotten.

Last edited:
I love Tetris DX, though I don't play it often anymore. I don't think it came with my GBC because it was a hand me down but I got it at some point and far preferred it to original GB Tetris.

Tetris Friends was my favorite until it got shut down (´;︵;`) I played with so many online friends on that game. Now JSTris fills that void.

99 is my other favorite, but I can't go as fast on the Switch controllers (gotta go fast)

if you're looking for something like 99, tetr.io is a really good game. it's unofficial, yet there's singleplayer modes with 40 line, blitz, a stress-free mode called zen, and even a custom mode in addition to multiplayer which functions pretty much exactly like 99 but you can make and search for rooms with custom rules in them! it's really fun, i recommend it 100%

if you're looking for something like 99, tetr.io is a really good game. it's unofficial, yet there's singleplayer modes with 40 line, blitz, a stress-free mode called zen, and even a custom mode in addition to multiplayer which functions pretty much exactly like 99 but you can make and search for rooms with custom rules in them! it's really fun, i recommend it 100%
Sounds fun. I'll check that out.

Tetris Worlds for the GBA has a special place in my heart. I played it all day at school since it was one of the only games I could emulate online with my school Chromebook. There's much better Tetris games for sure, but this one's special to me.

Back
Top Bottom