Tool TExtract - Extract Terraria's images, sound effects and music!

And version 1.3.1 only extracts the "overworld night" theme. god damit
heres the crash log:
2014-11-11 15:23:05 [ERROR] (XactExtractor.java:256) - An unexpected error occured when extracting Wave Bank
java.nio.BufferOverflowException
at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
at java.nio.ByteBuffer.put(Unknown Source)
at com.github.antag99.textract.extract.XactExtractor.extract(XactExtractor.java:236)
at com.github.antag99.textract.Extractor.extract(Extractor.java:59)
at com.github.antag99.textract.ExtractorGUI.run(ExtractorGUI.java:145)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
thats why i dont like java.
oh actually, that happens with every version. You program doesnt suport custom wavebanks. FIX THIS PLEASE!
That wasn't java's fault. I think it's fixed in the new version, but if it dosen't work, please send me a link to the custom wavebank.

Last edited:
I know where it has to be located, but it only extraxts the overworld night song properly, then it crashes. I am currrently trying it with 1.3.2... BTW, how are you able to update this thing so quickly? and it worked. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
You seem to have an overall problem every second version of your programm not working. But thats ok, i have no clue about programming, so i shouldnt complain. Great work anyway.

My game is indeed modded.
Do you still need the Content folder?
It would be useful if you could zip it up and mail to antag99 at gmail dot com, as without
it I cannot reproduce the issue. Could you send me the TExtract.log file?

This is pretty awesome, nice work :D

Now if only I could get lossless copies of the Terraria Console Exclusive tracks, my terraria music folder would be complete!
Edit: I actually managed to do that with a few tools, woo a complete terraria music collection ^.^
Pliz tell me how to get the Xbox music. I need dis!

Not how I did it.
He didn't ask how you did it, he asked how to do it.
There are better ways, but console alteration of the microsoft forbidden type might not be allowed here.
I'm guessing you downloaded the game from xbox live on your pc and extracted the files, or somehow transfered the game files to usb and extracted with a PC, am i close?

He didn't ask how you did it, he asked how to do it.
There are better ways, but console alteration of the microsoft forbidden type might not be allowed here.
I'm guessing you downloaded the game from xbox live on your pc and extracted the files, or somehow transfered the game files to usb and extracted with a PC, am i close?
Well that could be said for pretty much any direct rip of music from a game.
So yes. You're close. :p
Also, lol "Mircrosoft Forbidden." Just like custom windows 7 themes.

Version 1.4.2 has been released; this update adds the new music track names introduced in 1.3.

I'm going to try this out tomorrow. If this works correctly, it's an awesome tool!

@ everyone who wants to have the console exclusive music: Install iTunes, buy the iOS version of Terraria, search for the folder on your computer where the apps are located, then open the IPA with WinRAR or a similar program! You can find most of the music files in the IPA folder, including the console exclusive tracks ("Title Screen", "Tutorial", "Ocean", "Space"). Enjoy!

[EDIT] It worked!! Thank you so much for this!! :D

Last edited:
Version 1.5.0 has been released; this update introduces command-line options, new format for music names, and new format for default output directory.

Back
Top Bottom