Tool TExtract - Extract Terraria's images, sound effects and music!

that's normal. just close it. it is basically done with all files.
mine does that too, but it really done.
Alright, thank you for clearing that up. The files were all ripped successfully, but the only thing is when I looked in the backgrounds folder, all that was in it was the underworld background files.
I was looking for the ice biome background files, as well as the backgrounds for all the other biomes as well. Do you have any idea why the others didn't download or how I could fix this problem?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 272
The Underworld underground is Special, because it uses multiple layers of Textures with Paralax effects.
All of the other Backgrounds are in the "Images" folder, literally named "Background", not hard to find xD

that's normal. just close it. it is basically done with all files.
mine does that too, but it really done.
I end up with the same result as well, but what I've noticed is that the Old Ones Army song is never extracted. Do you guys see it when you extract the files?

The Underworld underground is Special, because it uses multiple layers of Textures with Paralax effects.
All of the other Backgrounds are in the "Images" folder, literally named "Background", not hard to find xD
Okay, great! Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. I have no idea how I missed that lol.

I end up with the same result as well, but what I've noticed is that the Old Ones Army song is never extracted. Do you guys see it when you extract the files?
nope. i was kinda sad when i found out it doesn't Textract it.
and i can't be that it wasn't "Programmed" to Extract it, because this Tool also took the Textures from the Avalon and NTerraria Mod i had lying around.

Okay, great! Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. I have no idea how I missed that lol.
Glad i could help.

nope. i was kinda sad when i found out it doesn't Textract it.
and i can't be that it wasn't "Programmed" to Extract it, because this Tool also took the Textures from the Avalon and NTerraria Mod i had lying around.

Glad i could help.

I´ve experienced the same thing, textures even from other mods were extracted, however the new track for The Old One's Army was not.

I'm assuming Wave Banks are a special case here that DO require special lines of code for TExtract to know which songs to extract. What makes them so special compared to textures/sound effects is the fact that they need to be broken down into each indivdual song first whilst sound effects and textures simply need to be converted, they don't need to be broken down into smaller counterparts first. As such TExtract is only programmed to extract a predefined number of songs and if it encounters an unknown one, it won't be able to extract/convert it.

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place. Can this be used to mod the start screen? Are there any start screen mods out there? I've seen the logo mod but nothing for the start screen.

Hi sorry if this is the wrong place. Can this be used to mod the start screen? Are there any start screen mods out there? I've seen the logo mod but nothing for the start screen.

What exactly do you mean with "Start Screen"?
When you Launch the Game and the Re-Logic Logo Appears... do you mean the "Main Menu"?

yes main menu. Not the relogic logo screens
As far as I know the text on the main menu is hard coded. You could probably change the Terraria logo or the backgrounds shown there if you use a PNG to XNB converter, but thats as far as you can go without modding the game.

the animations and background are also hard coded, its technically a permanently saved world that the game takes samples from to generate day cycle lighting

worked great for me, didn't freeze on anything and dumped the sounds, wave bank, and all 9,775 images successfully. I almost feel bad for what I'm about to do to this game.

Back
Top Bottom