Tool TExtract - Extract Terraria's images, sound effects and music!

I have a weird problem. It says "Extracting Files from Fonts/" and "Combat_Crit.xnb" but it never progresses any further than that. Do you know what's happening?
TExtract.png

Since this programs extracts a game that is made in C#, I experiment this program a bit by trying to extract Stardew Valley content since it also created in C#. It actually works until NPC's dialogue makes the program stuck.

Hey there!
So I'm a bit late nor am I the developer, but I thought I'd leave a response if anyone finds this thread and has the same issue as this;

I have a weird problem. It says "Extracting Files from Fonts/" and "Combat_Crit.xnb" but it never progresses any further than that. Do you know what's happening?
index.php

I had this myself and originally I got pretty bummed because, "Oh yay, the extractor doesn't work..." - BUT!
I found the solution to this, or well, atleast it worked for me.
All you need to do is go and find your Terraria\Content file, and temporarely re-place your Fonts folder to somewhere else.

I did that, and the extractor worked its miracle for me - it completely extracted all images, musics, etc.! `:D
Once you're done with the extracting, just put your Fonts folder back where it was, and voi-lah!

I hope this helps anyone who runs across this error and tries to solve it.
( PS: I have the latest version of Terraria, so I can confirm it works with that, too. )

question,

HOW DO I GET THE MUSIC TO BE EDITED? pls tell me so i can replace a few tracks.

Your solution is mine:

Give me all steps to edit music.
I know how to edit sounds and pictures, but not music ( no clue ).

please provide instructions to editing music with this application.

I'll be waiting on your solution.

Last edited:
I've been writing my own version of TExtract that doesn't require Java. Along the way I managed to decipher Terraria's sprite font format.

Antag99, if you're interested in adding font support, here's my XnbExtractor.cs with support for ReLogic's DynamicSpriteFont and Xna's SpriteFont. Fonts aren't that interesting though so I can see this not being very useful.

Also, ReLogic.Graphics.DynamicSpriteFontReader is why TExtract Fails when trying to read fonts since it doesn't have a case for that. An exception is thrown and it just stops there.

I have a weird problem. It says "Extracting Files from Fonts/" and "Combat_Crit.xnb" but it never progresses any further than that. Do you know what's happening? View attachment 175261
the problem is that its searching the font folder for the content
just move the font folder down

Hey there!
So I'm a bit late nor am I the developer, but I thought I'd leave a response if anyone finds this thread and has the same issue as this;

I had this myself and originally I got pretty bummed because, "Oh yay, the extractor doesn't work..." - BUT!
I found the solution to this, or well, atleast it worked for me.
All you need to do is go and find your Terraria\Content file, and temporarely re-place your Fonts folder to somewhere else.

I did that, and the extractor worked its miracle for me - it completely extracted all images, musics, etc.! `:D
Once you're done with the extracting, just put your Fonts folder back where it was, and voi-lah!

I hope this helps anyone who runs across this error and tries to solve it.
( PS: I have the latest version of Terraria, so I can confirm it works with that, too. )
that works because then the program has access to the files it needs
hope this helped the dev understand why :D

How long does this tool usually take to work? It's been 10 minutes in a folder with one 40kb xnb file its still just preparing.

It's been another hour with no progress so I'll assume TExtract doesn't work.

Last edited:
How long does this tool usually take to work? It's been 10 minutes in a folder with one 40kb xnb file its still just preparing.

It's been another hour with no progress so I'll assume TExtract doesn't work.
I just ran it and it only took a few seconds to finish. If the program is stuck at extraxting the fonts, temporarily remove the font folder from your content folder as advised by Puddin-Tan further up in this thread ^^

Hope this helps!

I just ran it and it only took a few seconds to finish. If the program is stuck at extraxting the fonts, temporarily remove the font folder from your content folder as advised by Puddin-Tan further up in this thread ^^

Hope this helps!
That does explain my problem. I was trying to extract a font to see how it works so I can replicate it.

Back
Top Bottom