Texture Pack Texture a day pack

mrfoxgrin.png
Yay!

Is there some kind of document that has a list of everything that is done, and what still needs to be done? Maybe something like a google doc could be used to keep track of it, and then people can check against it for things that they might want to work on.

There is not. It does sound like something that could be useful, though. If for nothing else than to track the progress (or lack thereof...). Right now the simplest way is to ask. (or check the old thread, but there are sprites finished that didn't make it there)

For example, right now, I'll most likely do the metal-gem magic wands and some of the spells. Concepts for now (Yeah...I actually use paper for spriting. How backward of me.), since I'm home for the easter and have very little access to a decent bitmap editor here. I'll be back next Wednesday.

Btw. Anybody knows what projectiles 411-414 are used for?
I know the're coins, I just don't know where exactly do they fit.

Last edited:
Oh, then maybe they're the coins that drop when placing them in the world? Coins have similar physics to sand and silt when first placed.
Ah! That might be it. I know you can place them in piles now, but it's been a while since I played terraria on PC so I might be rusty on some of the new stuff. So you can Scrooge McDuck in terraria now?
mrfoxgrin.png

Thank you.

Last edited:
Yeah, those projectiles are the equivalent of the falling sand projectiles, just for coins instead of sand.

Hot damn.
mrfoxwtf.png
That's a pretty awesome batch. I remember seeing most of this before, but it looks freaking impressive when put like this.

Day201.png

Gem staves are done.

Not sure how much I will be able to sprite this week. The Easter were already wreaking a havok on my Schedule and now it turns out I have to go home this weekend as well. I'll continue to do sketches at least and possibly start uploading some of the backlog, but until next week, I am really pressed for time.

Last edited:
:eek: YAY YOU HAVE IT HERE... i love this pack...
Awesome! We have so much in common!
Just kidding, glad you like the pack.

there are a few textures you need to fix
Which ones?

You are back :) . Welcome.
Hi.

Why am I smilling when I have heart striking life problems? :(
Brain tumor?
Join the club. I also had what you would call heart striking life problems.
I got better. Or worse, depends on how you look at it.

Awesome! We have so much in common!
Just kidding, glad you like the pack.

Which ones?

Hi.

Brain tumor?
Join the club. I also had what you would call heart striking life problems.
I got better. Or worse, depends on how you look at it.
block textures like death weeds and some of the gemspark textures are just pure pink

Filled in a few holes in your toolbox image:
Toolbox.png

Put in an (arbitrarily blue) Phaseblade/saber in row with the Meteor Hamaxe, added the Orichalcum Sword, and put the Hardmode Spear variants in the same column as the Shortsword, because they're both stabbing weapons and that column would be needlessly desolate otherwise.

Anyways, something I noticed while doing this is that the Pack you uploaded a few days ago is missing the Orichalcum Halberd, and is also using a pinkish (vs. purple-ish) shade of Orichalcum, which I assume is outdated. You might want to add these to the pack so you don't forget:
Item_1192.png
Item_1193.png
Item_1223.png
Projectile_215.png

The fishing pole for hellstone has a different outline style than the rest of the set.
Not really, it's just more prominent there because of how much of the perimeter is taken up by black. In the others, the red-orange blades occupy a large portion of the outline, but with the Hotline, it's black almost all the way around.

Not really, it's just more prominent there because of how much of the perimeter is taken up by black. In the others, the red-orange blades occupy a large portion of the outline, but with the Hotline, it's black almost all the way around.
The main thing I refer to in comparison is the very tip of the sword. The outline there is a much closer gray.

I understand if the perimeter contrasting that much was intentional. My criticism might not be how everyone views it.

The main thing I refer to in comparison is the very tip of the sword. The outline there is a much closer gray.
Lighter outlines are used to imply sharpness, so that's the reason the sword tip is that way when a lot of the other outlining isn't.

Just an fyi. ;)

In the rest of the sprites, the contrast between the outline and the rest is not very great, and usually not black. Compare with the top two fishing poles, which, I assume, don't lack black outlines because of sharpness. Typically, TCF stylistically avoids highly contrasting outlines in what I have seen. In my opinion, the black outline makes the sprite look unfinished.

That's what I meant, saying that "the fishing pole for hellstone has a different outline style". I apologize if I was mistaken.

block textures like death weeds and some of the gemspark textures are just pure pink
Weird... I'll have to try it myself. Possibly re-rip the textures.
Even gemsparks? Did they change the template? Very peculiar.
mrfoxfrown.png

But thank you. Let me know if you find any other problems.

The fishing pole for hellstone has a different outline style than the rest of the set.
A bit, yes. A lot of it is the lack of glowing edge...

In my opinion, the black outline makes the sprite look unfinished.
I apologize if I was mistaken.
No, you are not wrong. I seem to remember I left it like this because the brighter edge didn't look good, but I will look into it again.

Lighter outlines are used to imply sharpness, so that's the reason the sword tip is that way when a lot of the other outlining isn't.
Actually, the tip of the molten sword is meant to be dull. I made it to look like an executioner style blade, without any stabbing point.

(arbitrarily blue)
I'll let it slide. This time. Next time it better be the orange one!
mrfoxgrin.png

Filled in a few holes in your toolbox image:
Alrighty. I'll fix it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom