Texture pack for 1.4 textures in 1.3?

The_Frogfly

Terrarian
I can't seem to find something that adds the 1.4 textures to 1.3 and I've been wanting to play modded terraria with big mods badly, so I'm moving back to 1.3 but I obviously want to keep the shiny new textures. Is there a pack along these lines anywhere? Thanks in advance!

Using an Png to Xnb converter ( like TConvert) would allow you to convert the textures you want yourself, but be aware that textures in 1.3 work very differently. I believe you have to find the game's texture library and replace the textures inside manually (they must be Xnb files). There is no way to "turn off" a texture once it is applied, besides replacing the replaced files with the originals (so I would suggest that you keep a copy of the base textures on hand for if you ever want to go back).
If you really don't want to convert the files some textures that have been around for a while might have 1.3 versions, such as Slim Terrarians, and they may go into more detail as to how the process works.
Take this all with a pinch of salt as I have not used textures on 1.3 personally, I have just picked this up from lurking on the forums for a while

Back
Top Bottom