Texture packs are not working?

Skashur

Official Terrarian
I am trying to activate a texture pack for my terraria 1.4, but, no matter how many guides I follow, nothing has worked so far. I have activated Experimental features. I tried placing the files into my Resoursepacks folder, naming it Texture Pack and just placing into into the main file, taking that now newly named file and placing it into the Resourcepacks folder, and just generally trying to figure this out.

Agreeing with what the Messiah is saying above me, perhaps the order in the folder isn't correct and the game can't read:

1. Resource pack folder
    1. "Insert the name of the texture pack"
      1. "Content",
      2. the icon
      3. the json
        1. [Inside Content] The stuff (Images, fonts, etc)
It won't work it that's not the order. (it took me one day to realize i need put the stuff inside the content folder to get mine working)

Or by the other hand, maybe is trying to change the wrong file. (there are "copies" of some xnbs, but only one will change the texture in game)

Or even is happening both.

I must not have any clue on what I'm doing, but I did follow that guide and a video guide by Tea for 1.4. None of those have worked to my understanding.

Edit: Also, when I extracted the files of one texture pack, I noticed that there is not a .JSON file in the pack. The guide Darthmorf provided says that the pack must contain a pack.json file in order for it to work. Could this be where the problem is?

I must not have any clue on what I'm doing, but I did follow that guide and a video guide by Tea for 1.4. None of those have worked to my understanding.

Edit: Also, when I extracted the files of one texture pack, I noticed that there is not a .JSON file in the pack. The guide Darthmorf provided says that the pack must contain a pack.json file in order for it to work. Could this be where the problem is?
Yes (it should), that json "tells" to the game that folder is a texture pack, anyways, this the forum has tutorials too, check them is the problem continues.

Yep, that was the problem with the pack, it did not contain the .json file that it needed. Thank you for your help!

Mine still aren't working :/ But it seems to be because there is a folder inside of the .zip of the resource pack, with just the resource packs name, and inside that the logo, contention and .json. Unfortunately it isn't letting me change that so....any ideas?

Mine still aren't working :/ But it seems to be because there is a folder inside of the .zip of the resource pack, with just the resource packs name, and inside that the logo, contention and .json. Unfortunately it isn't letting me change that so....any ideas?
Just unpack the .zip package
and re-arrange the directory within the folder so it is similar to this
^.~

Code:
ResourcePacks
└ "Folder name" (or .zip package)
   ├ Content (folder)
   | └ Images (folder)
   ├ icon.png (Optional)
   └ pack.json

Hey so I’ve been messing with this and mine isnt working
The files go:
ResourcePacks
- MyPack1
— Content
—- Images
—— (There’s 2 images here so far)
— pack.json

I have a similar issue to Skashur's, in my ResourcePacks folder the pack.json went missing. I have no idea how to restore it or what was even in the folder.
Answers would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• thing.png
    thing.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom