Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Whenever the game updates, all texture packs turn themselves off. This is basically the game going out of its way to make the player do menu busywork, so can it please not? Thanks.

I think the texture packs are automatically disabled after an update to avoid problems.
At least that's my theory. Maybe things can end up going nuts if some of the sprites in the
texture pack had their drawn way changed.

Config resetting was only supposed to happen once when 1.4 was released, but for some players, the configs are reset with every update. This might be what is causing the texture packs to be disabled for you. Sadly, there aren't likely to be many updates left so the bug is not likely to persist...

Are you having resolution resetting issues as well? Its possible Terraria isn't running as administrator and might be causing this.

Could you try this:

image (1).png

If its only resetting directly after a hotfix, then that's an unrelated thing.

Are you having resolution resetting issues as well? Its possible Terraria isn't running as administrator and might be causing this.

Could you try this:

If its only resetting directly after a hotfix, then that's an unrelated thing.
I am not having resolution issues, and it is only resetting the first launch after an update releases.

Alright. So there is an issue we have that happens whenever a hotfix comes out.

It resets some users settings (though not all). Its really frustrating, and because WE can't replicate it, we don't know how to fix it. It only happens after hotfixes, so the opportunities to test it are low.

Its an annoying bug, but ultimately one that will be irrelevant over time because there won't be anymore hotfixes. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Back
Top Bottom