Standalone tFileMaker - A Tool for Devs

2023 Update: This is outdated. Don't use this.
I will not be updating this nor do I recommend using programs like it; learning to properly program is a much, much better idea.
This post will be left up if only for posterity.

Welcome to the tFileMaker thread! :D
So, I made this little app that makes and edits a file based upon tModLoader's class names. I'll give a small tutorial a bit later on.
-----------------------
Download/Info
Currently Only works on Windows. (Needs testing on Linux)
Warning: Do not come to complain about the app not working if you spam the keyboard. It needs certain inputs to work properly. I'll give some more hints and such in the app if need be.

Download link: Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life
-----------------------
Tutorial
ModItem
If you don't get how to use it, here. ;)
Open the app. It should show the below spoiler.
FirstImage.png
At that point, type '.cs' to continue. Follow the next message, and put in file name (Currently, the file is always named 'File.cs')
FirstImage.png
Hit 'enter' twice after that is typed. Enter the next two fields like this:

FirstImage.png
As shown, 'Input Class Name' should then show up. Enter that regularly, as the class name of the file.
Once you see 'input damage type', enter whatever damage class you need, e.g. magic or melee. That is followed by 'input damage amount'. Enter the amount of damage the item will do.
FirstImage.png
Proceeding that, it's followed by 'input item name'. That should be obvious enough. Then, knockback amount and rarity are also obvious.
After that, it shows 'is ModItem Consumable'?
FirstImage.png
Insert 'true' to make it consumable. Insert 'WOAH A UNICORN' for it to not be (jk, it can be anything).
Then, continue to insert the Width and Height of the item. Self explanatory.
Same goes with 'is the ModItem autoReusable?'
Then, it asks 'is the ModItem a bow/gun?' You insert either nothing, a number, or a mod.ProjectileType.
FirstImage.png
Then, it asks if your item uses mana. Insert a number and that'll be the mana usage. Next, the item's useStyle. Self explanatory.
The following prompt asks for if there's a recipe for the item. If you say true, then insert the up to 6 ItemIDs you want, followed by a TileID. for the crafting station.
FirstImage.png
That above would add Dirt, Wood and Gel to a recipe at a workbench.
Once you hit enter, the app will close. Go to your File.cs and you should see some code. Good job! :D

----------------------
And that's currently it for this app! Thanks for looking at this thread! :D

Thanks
To @EchoNex for the idea. I made it first though.
To people at the C# Discord chatroom for some stuff. (link here)

Last edited:
I wanted to do that, even started yesterday... but still, even though that, its a neat tool for begginners.

Pretty good, but there is one thing, after you put file name, the second line is for the naming of the actual file, so if you put:
Bananarang2
Bananarang2
it would give a Bananarang2File.cs
THis may change since you will update it lol.

so, we can make mods with this? do we have to code it manually?
Well, in a way. You can make items, projectiles, and minimalistic NPCs. Anything else you have to make yourself.
The command prompt's color can be changed
0a is background:black, forground:green
making a Matrix feeling....
Ah, yes. Just that it changes not the background of the Console but the background of the writing. And/or I'm too lazy lel.

Darn, I was going to start on a similar program. I'd recommend having a go at making a ui - it would make it a lot nicer to use.
If you don't mind, I still might have a go at making my own version eventually.

Darn, I was going to start on a similar program. I'd recommend having a go at making a ui - it would make it a lot nicer to use.
If you don't mind, I still might have a go at making my own version eventually.

I've actually started a UI version, just don't have (good) sprites.
And that'd be fine, I don't mind :p

Back
Top Bottom