tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

Yeah, something broke pretty bad. While using item customizer, recipe browser crashes the game. Also, using a minecart (not sure if this matters, but it is gel-dyed the vanilla way) crashes the game.

EDIT: I just tried using vanilla dye fix and secret dyes, and those also produced the same issues.

Last edited:
I would REALLY like to see this fixed, as I was extremely excited after finding out about this mod. As amazing as this mod would be, I feel it isn't worth it to give up recipe browser and minecarts just for some cosmetic stuff (albeit, great cosmetic stuff).

So, after eagerly looking forward to playing this incredible mod once again, I fired it up. After reading recent comments I expected things to go terribly wrong for me as well, but... they didn't. In fact, everything is looking ***PERFECT*** on my end.

Various dyes are appearing on items looking exactly as they should (I tried at least 1/6 of vanilla and half from your custom dyes), with no strange naming issues or dying abnormalities -- no shadowflame items, and nothing named 'Slime Staff'. I downloaded this right after the zoom issue was fixed, and I can confirm it's working as intended. (And the new UI looks great by the way!)

I made sure to test this with nearly no other mods other than the Leveled Mod, Cheat Sheet, and all sub-mods from this thread. I tested Cheat Sheet to mess with the recipe browser and no problems there either. Started a new character and new world to test this -- then edited some items in the Item Customizer, equipped some weapons and cosmetic items, left and closed the game, re-loaded the game and the items were still intact with the custom names and items intact as they should be. Literally the only thing mentioned in the above bug reports that I didn't test myself yet was a minecart. I'm running this on Steam/Windows as well. My video settings are all either default or max.

Therefore, I'm lead to believe the issues the above 2 people are having are their own fault, for whatever the reasons.

I'll let you know if anything changes, but until then -- I'm going to say you did an excellent job with this update! :merchantcool:

Last edited:
Discovered that items were losing their names and dyes on reforge again, so I went in and fixed that up.

Item Customizer 1.1.1
- Items don't lose names or dyes on reforge... again

Oh, and I just downloaded Hair Dye for Armor and it crashed when I put Alien Dye on my Nebula Wings and started flying.

I was happy seeing item customizer in the mod browser. But after testing it out I was dissapointed. I have two points i'd like you to consider:
1st. Every projectile based weapon crashed my game as soon as it was used, as well as summon and magic items. I tried using the slime staff, the pirate staff, enchanted boomerang, etc. I tried it with mods, with them disabled and without them. They always never failed to crash my entire game. This is very dissapointing as that was what made this mod special for me.
2nd. Using a dyed pickaxe or axe while climbing a rope made it so that the items dyed color would not show up and it would look like a normal item. I havent tested it with many axes or pickaxes or swords but just thought you'd like to know.
Overall i think this mod REALLY needs some bugfixing and tweaking.

I was happy seeing item customizer in the mod browser. But after testing it out I was dissapointed. I have two points i'd like you to consider:
1st. Every projectile based weapon crashed my game as soon as it was used, as well as summon and magic items. I tried using the slime staff, the pirate staff, enchanted boomerang, etc. I tried it with mods, with them disabled and without them. They always never failed to crash my entire game. This is very dissapointing as that was what made this mod special for me.
2nd. Using a dyed pickaxe or axe while climbing a rope made it so that the items dyed color would not show up and it would look like a normal item. I havent tested it with many axes or pickaxes or swords but just thought you'd like to know.
Overall i think this mod REALLY needs some bugfixing and tweaking.
1. Can't replicate. Something else is going on. However, I noticed that Pygmy Staff stopped working once it was dyed. I'll investigate further.
2. Thanks, was probably an issue before but never noticed. I don't usually use things from ropes!

A note: Please don't go calling this update "poorly made." I wanted to push this out as soon as I can, and I really didn't expect things to break this badly. I really do care about my mod and am working as hard as I can to iron out the bugs!

EDIT: Meowmere doesn't work at all now, so this is likely a resurfacing of a very odd bug that's been around since the early days. Ughhh, this is gonna be a pain.

Last edited:
1. Can't replicate. Something else is going on. However, I noticed that Pygmy Staff stopped working once it was dyed. I'll investigate further.
2. Thanks, was probably an issue before but never noticed. I don't usually use things from ropes!

A note: Please don't go calling this update "poorly made." I wanted to push this out as soon as I can, and I really didn't expect things to break this badly. I really do care about my mod and am working as hard as I can to iron out the bugs!

EDIT: Meowmere doesn't work at all now, so this is likely a resurfacing of a very odd bug that's been around since the early days. Ughhh, this is gonna be a pain.
I'm not saying the update is poorly made. I'm very happy you're taking your time and working on it very hard and i really love the mod. And i understand that coding this stuff takes time and much effort. However I just wanted to notify you of the errors i experienced. Sorry for giving you the wrong impression!

Alright, I just pushed an update for ShaderLib that hopefully fixes some of the issues mentioned here.

ShaderLib 1.0.4
- Fixed held items not getting shaders while on a rope
- Fixed ancient bug causing projectiles to crash
- No longer uses extensive amounts of copied vanilla code (as I discovered this is no longer needed, thankfully)

Just had the chance to play with this a little bit more. Good to know that the Everything-is-shadowflame-and-named-slime-staff thing I was getting isn't the norm. I did a full-reinstall of Terraria, and the problem seems to have resolved itself. Hooray!

Still not sure what was causing it, but I'm glad it's gone now. Weirdest error I've ever seen in anything. Ever. Keep up the good work!

Heya Love ya mod but I'm struggling with something
I'm loving to have your mod in my playthrough but it's not compatible with RecipeBroswer
I think from jopojelly
Could you please fix that cuz I really wanna play with ur mods: ShaderLibrary and ItemCustomizer
Thanks in advance

Heya Love ya mod but I'm struggling with something
I'm loving to have your mod in my playthrough but it's not compatible with RecipeBroswer
I think from jopojelly
Could you please fix that cuz I really wanna play with ur mods: ShaderLibrary and ItemCustomizer
Thanks in advance
I have no idea what's going on with this Recipe Browser business. It's likely a problem on that mod's end.
The Recipe Browser from Cheat Sheet works fine, I'll test the standalone version and inform jopojelly if it happens on my end.

EDIT: Yeah, it happens on my end too. Not my fault; jopojelly's just using a bunch of unnecessarily complicated code to draw the items, which actually caused crashes for me as well during development on the new UI. I'll talk it over with him when I can.

Last edited:
It's good that it isn't a problem on my end, because I looked through my stuff and didn't see any problems. Still not sure what's causing the minecart to crash the game. As stated before, the minecart was gel-dyed. As stated before, still not sure if that even matters.

I have no idea what's going on with this Recipe Browser business. It's likely a problem on that mod's end.
The Recipe Browser from Cheat Sheet works fine, I'll test the standalone version and inform jopojelly if it happens on my end.

EDIT: Yeah, it happens on my end too. Not my fault; jopojelly's just using a bunch of unnecessarily complicated code to draw the items, which actually caused crashes for me as well during development on the new UI. I'll talk it over with him when I can.
Ok then I shall use the cheat sheet... I must refuse to cheat... it's so hard not to but it's worth it for ur mod

It's good that it isn't a problem on my end, because I looked through my stuff and didn't see any problems. Still not sure what's causing the minecart to crash the game. As stated before, the minecart was gel-dyed. As stated before, still not sure if that even matters.
Sorry, I'm not seeing this happen at all. I tried exactly what you did (gel dye) and no crashes. Try reinstalling Terraria like Koba did; maybe that'll help?

I'm sad to say that I'll be leaving for a beach vacation this weekend and the following week, so I likely won't be able to work on these mods at all during that time! However, that doesn't mean you should stop reporting any weird stuff you find :p

Bye, cya at around July 1st! (Or not, since the day before is when the first part of Breath of the Wild DLC comes out... x_x)

Yeah, I figured out the minecart only crashes while the standalone Recipe Browser is installed. Weird. It doesn't crash while you only have recipe browser, and it doesn't crash with Item Customizer, but if you have both it crashes.

Back
Top Bottom