tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

Just watch out for multiplayer; it's pretty broken for now. Here's what's wrong with multiplayer:
- Others can't see your dyed projectile's dyes (you can, though) (need to sync this with server)
- GUI can get messed up:
-- Cannot type in textbox. Can press backspace, however.
-- GUI not displaying certain elements for unknown reasons.

Consider this a "not a bug, but a feature". A hidden feature. Since those items can already have dyes applied to them through the slots, any dye applied to them doesn't actually do anything, but does show up in the inventory, which can look cool. And because that would've taken more work, work that can be achieved in-game by simply applying the dye of your choice to the vanilla dye slot. And it would remove the point of having these dye slots entirely if I added such a feature.

More technically though, I didn't bother to add a check for whether the item has a useTime/useAnimation greater than 0, which is why this is possible in the first place.

oh, ok thx! :)

School may have just started, but that hasn't stopped me quite yet! Thanks to a bunch of Mad Science(TM), a whole load of improvements will hopefully be able to make it into the next update for Item Customizer:

- Complete Multiplayer support, no annoying bugs
- NPC projectiles don't get dyed no matter what
- Projectiles fired from projectiles get dyed correctly
- Dusts created by projectiles get dyed now!

At the moment, the formula I use to attain the last two features is quite inefficient and causes a lot of lag with many dyed projectiles, but I'm working on a better system which should cut that down to where it's barely noticeable. I hope.

No, I don't have a release date. Somewhere around the end of this week, perhaps??

School may have just started, but that hasn't stopped me quite yet! Thanks to a bunch of Mad Science(TM), a whole load of improvements will hopefully be able to make it into the next update for Item Customizer:

- Complete Multiplayer support, no annoying bugs
- NPC projectiles don't get dyed no matter what
- Projectiles fired from projectiles get dyed correctly
- Dusts created by projectiles get dyed now!

At the moment, the formula I use to attain the last two features is quite inefficient and causes a lot of lag with many dyed projectiles, but I'm working on a better system which should cut that down to where it's barely noticeable. I hope.

No, I don't have a release date. Somewhere around the end of this week, perhaps??
Yay! How about dyeing Light Discs and Bananarang?

An NPC would be interesting, but... I don't what to do that? :p The mod's supposed to be simple, not complicated like that.
Besides, who'd do the spritework? Clearly not me...

I actually got the base UI from the TerraUI test mod window. I just removed a couple elements and added my item slots.
I mean your mod is pretty good, you can find someone out there considering it's pretty popular in some of the mods (especially because it's newer) also if you don't wanna it's fine, good mod btw.

News about update:
Unfortunately, dust dyeing is not going to happen during the next update as far as I can see it, the reason for this being that it would be too laggy to implement without support for global hooks with dusts. Until global hooks are added for dusts, this will not be a feature. Sorry.
(however, if I ever get access to an up-to-date decompiled Terraria exe after 1.3.3 comes out, I might even try adding this to tModLoader myself! Oh wait, windows. Arghhhh.)

All the other mentioned fixes/features can be added without such issues, however, so there's still that.

This will just have to wait a while longer.
out.gif

Alright guys, I had some technical difficulties with my computer, so the update was delayed for a while. Here's what I've managed to accomplish:
- Multiplayer now works totally fine, there's not even any textbox weirdness anymore (note that copy+paste will not work with it anymore)
- Vanilla NPC projectiles (and modded ones which set npcProj to true) are no longer dyed under any conditions
- Child projectiles are now always dyed correctly
- GUI works properly with autopause
- GUI no longer boots items into your inventory on close, and saves items left inside on world exit
- GUI now has a quit button (red square with X on it next to the name textbox)

The update is available on the Mod Browser, so go ahead and get it now!

EDIT: Oh wow, I totally forgot to mention that stackable non-consumable weapons (Light Disc, Bananarang, etc.) can be dyed now.

Last edited:
You even brought in auto-pause support?? Well, now literally everything I wanted from this mod is in it. And so far, everything is working perfectly.

Again, thank you so much for all your work -- this was needed since the beginning.

I love this mod. It is possible to adjust ideal coloring under the favourite set.
Has very surprised this fact that at destruction of a beehive, the beehive is painted too. :dryadsmile:
i88641.jpg

I love this mod. It is possible to adjust ideal coloring under the favourite set.
Has very surprised this fact that at destruction of a beehive, the beehive is painted too. :dryadsmile:
i88641.jpg
Oh boy, not another bug... ;-;
I'll try to see what could cause this.

EDIT: Did you download from the DropBox link? I just checked, and the bee hive should be a hostile projectile, which is not dyed by this mod.
The DropBox link is currently out-of-date by a few versions, so I'd get it from the Mod Browser instead.
EDIT2: Nevermind. Turns out there's a bit of an error where it'll let hostile projectiles through if they're also friendly, which this is. Going on the bug list.

Last edited:
Oh boy, not another bug... ;-;
I'll try to see what could cause this.

EDIT: Did you download from the DropBox link? I just checked, and the bee hive should be a hostile projectile, which is not dyed by this mod.
The DropBox link is currently out-of-date by a few versions, so I'd get it from the Mod Browser instead.
EDIT2: Nevermind. Turns out there's a bit of an error where it'll let hostile projectiles through if they're also friendly, which this is. Going on the bug list.
Ahh I forgot to tell you a serious bug. When I shoot out a non-painted projectile (e.g. Razorblade Typhoon) and shooting a painted projectile (e.g. Terra Blade) the Razorblade Typhoon turns into that color. It gets extremely eye-killing when I am using the living rainbow dye.

Ahh I forgot to tell you a serious bug. When I shoot out a non-painted projectile (e.g. Razorblade Typhoon) and shooting a painted projectile (e.g. Terra Blade) the Razorblade Typhoon turns into that color. It gets extremely eye-killing when I am using the living rainbow dye.
Oh, well that's just great.
I thought I had fixed all this.
;-;

Are you absolutely sure you're using the latest version? The way it is now, projectiles start with a dye value of -1, which should change to either 0 (if undyed) or something else that's positive (if dyed). Dye color isn't changed if it's not -1.

Additionally, there is a PostDraw for the projectile in the latest version which resets the SpriteBatch for the next projectile to be drawn, so the shader from one projectile should never pass on to the next unless PostDraw isn't called on some vanilla projectiles, which I highly doubt.

EDIT: Tested in-game. Firing a dyed Terra Blade after a non-dyed Razorblade Typhoon does not affect the Razorblade Typhoon in any way. You are most likely using an old version.

Last edited:
Well, they're missing out since Id be willing to bet a lot of these code hacks work better than theirs.

Is there a way to "un-dye" items if we get tired of them? If not, could there be as a feature request?

edit: Oh! Never mind, just use the dye thing without dye and that does the trick. :B

Last edited:
So sort of a big update for you on the future of Item Customizer (and other mod development):
I'm working on a new library which will assist me (and potentially others) in the creation of mods relating to stuff with dyes.
Yes, this means that Item Customizer will have to change to work with this library, so that's part of why there's been a lull in the updates (besides running out of things to fix).

Trust me, there's cool stuff ahead. Really cool stuff. Eventually.
Oh, and, uh, the library itself is just about finished. I just need to work out everything involved in getting Item Customizer compatible with it.

Here's a list of the sorts of functions my new library can handle:
- Easy addition of dyes to the game (currently only armor dye, not hair dye)
--- Remember that we are still restricted to the vanilla EffectPasses, so most of what can be changed is shader color, saturation, noise image, etc..
- Supports a framework for "meta dyes", which are modular and get their attributes from component item-based shaders
--- Yes, this is somewhat of a specific need type of feature, but it's required for things I have planned you may have heard about
- Allows for shaders not bound to a particular item (good for special effects)
- Supports easy dye changing of projectiles, items, and NPCs through hooks
- No 255 dye limit :3 (won't be the case with hair dye if/when support added, however...)

Also, because this is a library, I'll be working on a Github wiki similar to tModLoader's for convenience. At some point.

Last edited:
How come some items' projectiles don't dye? I dyed an Aqua Scepter and a Laser Rifle reflective gold, and while the Laser Rifle fires lasers that match (they give off purple light still, butt hey are gold themselves) the scepter's water projectile is still normal.

Some of the projectiles are pretty much invisible and spawn dust instead. Seems dying the dust will need to be added to fix this.

Some of the projectiles are pretty much invisible and spawn dust instead. Seems dying the dust will need to be added to fix this.
Yes, this is also why a Shadowflame Hex Doll won't get dyed either. Dust dyeing would've already been a thing if global dust hooks existed.

Don't worry, I'm bugging @bluemagic123 about this every now and then. It'll happen eventually. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom