tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

They said it would be "too much work" to dye weapons. Since it can apparently be done effortlessly, what they really meant was ":red: you, we don't feel like doing it".

Hey guys! With the release of tML 0.9, just about everyone has to update their mods now. Don't worry, I'm working on it and should be done soon!

...Also, all your stuff will probably get undyed and things left in the GUI slots deleted, so please be prepared for that! - There seems to be a legacy load exactly for this reason, so transition to the new version should be seamless.

@Arenthor: The mod is actually a lot more complicated than it seems. I had to override most if not all of the draw methods for projectiles and items, and proper parent-child projectile detection is still a bit buggy in the main version (though this is fixed in experimental, that version is still broken for multiplayer).

That said, the most complicated bit is actually the GUI, which I got a special toolkit for.

Last edited:
Double-post, but... well, I'm sure that's fine, because... the mod's updated! Yay!

Last time you had to wait months (or a month? two? honestly, I don't remember), but now you get your update within just a few hours of me stating that I've started working on it!
Once again, this is just a compatibility patch, so now you can use it in tML 0.9+. It's available in all the usual places: the Mod Browser and direct download listing and Dropbox. The only thing that had to be changed in the update was the way the mod saved and loaded its custom data, which also includes legacy loading to support characters created before the update. Hopefully your stuff will stick; by the time I finished troubleshooting things, my old characters were already broken.

I assume the vanilla dye fix should also work with the latest version?

Regardless, thank you SO much for the update. Like many people, this is now as much part of the game as anything else in vanilla as far as I'm concerned. It pained me to not have access to the functionality of this beautiful mod. Thanks again.

I totally agree that this feels like it should be part of the game; in fact, that's why I made the mod in the first place. Now I can't really go anywhere without it either.

Vanilla dye fix mod isn't currently in development and I haven't really touched it since I put it up. It should still work, theoretically speaking, but the goal is to update it when ShaderLib/IC experimental is finished for maximum compatibility. Feel free to test it.

(and if there's something totally broken about it let me know)

vanilla dye fix messes up hooks and pets (they dont work)
Yeah I tried it too -- clearly doesn't look as intended anymore. I suppose that was to be expected. Probably should be indicated in the OP or removed for now.

Everything in the customizer however, looks as wonderful as it always has.

I had this issue before and I uninstalled it just for now, waiting for the update. My crimson heart light pet was stuck on my head (eww) and my slime hook doesn't appear. It only appears at player's location.

Double-post to inform about the brand-new OPEN BETA! Download from the links below to get your hands on all this ShaderLib madness I've been talking about.
WARNING: Can be buggy, especially in multiplayer. Please report any crashes or oddities.

ShaderLib: https://www.dropbox.com/s/03hsvzmwn31qacg/ShaderLib.tmod?dl=1
-- Required for all other mods
-- Allows for creation of custom dyes beyond the 255 limit

Item Customizer update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k8k304dvapmr35k/ItemCustomizer.tmod?dl=1
-- Offloads actual shader business to ShaderLib
-- Supports all modded dyes

Vanilla Dye Fix update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh8zvlez4c5ucze/VanillaDyeFix.tmod?dl=1
-- Simply tells ShaderLib to take over shader handling of pets, light pets, and hooks

Secret Dyes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/440ahmzujz80n9h/SecretDyes.tmod?dl=1
-- Adds a few dyes which use shaders not used in the vanilla game

Hair Dye for Armor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xl5ga7gem015n4/ArmorHairDye.tmod?dl=1
-- Adds equipable variants of all hair-exclusive dyes

The main purpose of the open beta is because it's very difficult for me to test multiplayer, as I don't have a Windows computer to host on and not many people available anyway. Also, I'm sure some of you have been interested in what's going on behind the curtains (yeah there's a github which shows everything but....).

BONUS: For modders who want to try out the features this library has to offer, download the ShaderLib binaries.
Reference "Mono.dll" for OSX/Linux builds and "Windows.dll" for Windows builds if you need to build manually.

Last edited:
Item customizer pet dying isn't working.
Look at this:

Pu81I1D.png

Several pets dyed and they all show as vanilla pets. No, I don't have "vanilla fix" or anything else installed, so the problem cannot be other mods messing with it.
The item dyes just fine, but the actual pet isn't dyed. And I have to still use dye, making the whole ordeal somewhat pointless.

Is this just an error on my end?

Look at this:

Pu81I1D.png

Several pets dyed and they all show as vanilla pets. No, I don't have "vanilla fix" or anything else installed, so the problem cannot be other mods messing with it.
The item dyes just fine, but the actual pet isn't dyed. And I have to still use dye, making the whole ordeal somewhat pointless.

Is this just an error on my end?

Vanilla Dye Fix update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh8zvlez4c5ucze/VanillaDyeFix.tmod?dl=1
-- Simply tells ShaderLib to take over ***shader handling of pets***, light pets, and hooks

^^^ Like it says, you'll need this for dying pets. From what I've experienced it works beautifully -- at least in single player, haven't tested multi yet.

The item dyes just fine, but the actual pet isn't dyed. And I have to still use dye, making the whole ordeal somewhat pointless.?
Many people have noticed this in the past. This is, in fact, working as intended. You can customize any non-stackable item, but the dye won't do anything unless it's a weapon/consumable. Besides, that's what the vanilla dye slots are for, right?

Basically, you can make your inventory look cool, but that's it. Yes, you can do this with armor and accessories too.

EDIT: @Lunatic Lobbyist Can you please test multiplayer? Since the current version works with it I really don't want to put out the beta as a release until that works.
EDIT2: I guess all these complaints about "omg i put customizer dye on my armor/pet and nuffin's happening" are trying to tell me that I really need to put "exactly, nuffin's supposed to happen" in the OP. I'll go do that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom