tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

I found it! It seems to be happening when wearing Yharim's Insignia AND other Calamity-made knockback boosters.

EDIT: It actually seems to be happening with vanilla accessories, too...
Time to narrow down which mod causes it.
Thanks for the report on knockback-increasing accessories. Because of this I actually went ahead and found out that vanilla knockback-increasers do this too!
It isn't Calamity's fault at all, as any accessory that increases knockback does it.

I'm not sure why this is the case, but it likely has something to do with that stat not being reset properly (a vanilla issue). The fact that equip bonuses are applying on the weapon at all times is also worth looking into (I noticed your sword having 66% crit despite being in the Item Customizer slot).

Can't say if it's because of the changes you made or not, but the item customizer mod crashes whenever I try to put anything into the customizer on multiplayer, though it works fine on singleplayer. I was able to replicate this and have a crash log of it occurring three separate times. I hope you can fix it!

Attachments

• client-crashlog.txt
    5 KB · Views: 216
I'm getting the same crash as Fijiboy99. The mod(Item Customizer) is also making it so a lot of other mod's boss summons don't work.

Hello, and welcome to my forum thread! This is for all of my mods.

Note that any DropBox links are not always up-to-date and may contain an earlier version of the mod. If you wish to install a mod, I would recommend doing so through the Mod Browser or downloading directly from the Mod Browser database.

Requirement for most of my mods (basically all of them right now, actually):
ShaderLib has a github!
Shader Library, or ShaderLib for short, is a modding library of sorts that gives modders a variety of tools
for manipulating Terraria's shader system, also known in-game as "dyes."

Currently, the library supports the addition of new ArmorShaderData, or "armor shaders" - the typical dyes.
There are also a variety of "hook" lists that allow modders to apply shaders to various objects.
At the moment, these objects include projectiles, NPCs, items (in inventory and in world), and held items (items in use).

Also, at a more technical standpoint, the mod/library breaks the game's 255 dye limit by being cool.

ShaderLib is required to use any mod that uses it, obviously.

Download on the Mod Browser or here.
Download the binaries for development here.

Changelog:
- 1.0: Official release.
- 1.0.1: Fixes modded dyes not working on modded accessories (and a few vanilla ones), held item shaders now apply to items that are just being held (torches, Unicorn on a Stick), and fixes item flame shader hooks
- 1.0.2: Re-uploaded for 0.10.0.1 (needed no changes, surprisingly)
- 1.0.3: Fixed zoom issues (turns out it did need changes after all)

Ever wanted to dye your items? Well, now you can:
Item Customizer now has a github! Check it out!
This mod lets you dye your items and make really cool things, like this:
View attachment 137090
You can also rename items to your liking (this does not affect prefixes).
As you can see in the gif, when you dye items you dye both the held item and any projectiles that the item shoots.
The mod does not dye dusts (at least, until the tML devs get around to making global dust hooks).

View attachment 174042
This is the GUI. Rename the item using the text box.
Place any item in the right slot, and a dye in the left (unless you don't want a shader) and click the "Apply" button. (Dyes are not consumed in the process)
Take the item(s) out and enjoy! Modded items with custom drawing or projectiles should be compatible too, provided they don't end/start the SpriteBatch (and none do that I know of).
Any mods that add custom dyes should also work provided that they add their shaders using ShaderLib.

Oh, yeah, and that Reset button - click it and it clears both any name change and dye from the item in the left slot. Pretty nifty, eh?

Items also have dyed icons, so you can see the dye from your inventory!

Craft the item to access the GUI with 5 iron/lead bars and 1 Strange Plant at an anvil. It's got the same texture as an anvil, because I'm lazy.

Download: Mod Browser, or here

Changelog:
- 0.5: Inital distributed release. Pre-Mod Browser.
- 0.6: Fixed dyes being applied to things that shouldn't be (enemy projectiles, pets...)
- 0.7: Item icons (in inventory, world) show dye, consumables now dyeable, fix for minions, draggable GUI
- 0.8: Improved shader drawing, check for if player is actually using item
- 0.8.2: Fixed certain shaders looking strange on multi-frame projectiles, stopped older undyed projectiles from getting newer dyed projectiles' dyes
- 0.9: Complete multiplayer support, UI saves items instead of deleting them, autopause support, proper child projectile detection, no NPC projectile dyeing, can customize stackable weapons (Light Disc etc.)
- 0.9.1: After waiting for much too long, updated for Terraria 1.3.3.3.
- 0.9.2: After waiting for a much shorter period, updated for Terraria 1.3.4/tML 0.9.
- 0.9.3: Fixed crashes in tML 0.9.2.
- 1.0.0: First release to be fully integrated with the new ShaderLib, fixes multiplayer rapidfire bug, and stops items losing data on reforge
- 1.1.0: Updated for tML 0.10.0.1, featuring a revamped UI, both internally and externally
- 1.1.1: Items don't lose names or dyes on reforge... again
- 1.1.2: Shouldn't crash on starting multiplayer and solves the accidental shading issue at last (by throwing out all the annoying logic and using something better)

Credits:
-Myself, for making this mod (I mean, I did put a bunch of work into this, right??)
-The TerraUI team (@Boffin , @abluescarab) for making the TerraUI Toolkit which I used to make the GUI in this mod (well, ok, not anymore, but it was helpful in the early days!)
-The tModLoader team for making tModLoader, of course

Known Bugs:
-- Sometimes I've seen a Meowmere fail to fire dyed projectiles. Re-dyeing caused it to fire correctly again. Cause unknown.
-- There can be weird things when stacking consumables with differing names and/or dyes. This cannot be solved in a way that I am aware, so it's staying for now.
-- Projectiles which are both friendly and hostile (such as bee hives) may get accidentally dyed if created while using a dyed item.

Known Quirks (Not a bug, though technically speaking not a feature either):
-- You can dye pets/armor/accessories/etc.. This will NOT cause the pet/armor/accessory/etc. to actually get dyed other than its appearance in the inventory. After all, what are the vanilla dye slots for? (Please don't post about this again...)

Some extra dyes to play with:
These two mods are the first of their kind: they add new dyes to the game!

Hair Dye for Armor adds normal variants of all previously hair-exclusive dyes while
Secret Dyes adds in dyes from unused shaders in the game's resources (some look really cool!).

Download both from the Mod Browser.
DropBox for Hair Dye for Armor
DropBox for Secret Dyes

Changelog (Hair Dye for Armor):
- 1.0: First release
- 1.0.1: Fixes dyes broken by changes in ShaderLib during development
- 1.0.2: Updated for 0.10.0.1

Changelog (Secret Dyes):
- 1.0: First release
- 1.0.1: Updated for 0.10.0.1

Making Pet Dyes Great Again:
A very simple fix which uses the same formula that I developed for the Item Customizer mod for better shader rendering.
What's the fix for? Well, if you've ever tried putting certain dyes on a pet, light pet, or hook, you might have noticed it looks absolutely horrid:
View attachment 137398
Here's what Vortex Dye on a Zephyr Fish looks like now:
View attachment 137397
Much better, right? This mod affects all pets, light pets, and hooks, as well as the Stardust Guardian.

Changelog:
- 1.0: First and likely final release. haha nope
- 1.0.0.1: A patch which fixes potential accidental shading of unshaded projectiles which were created before the pet/light pet/hook.
- 1.0.1: Mod now uses ShaderLib instead.
- 1.0.2: Updated for 0.10.0.1. Actually, it didn't need to update at all, but I had to rebuild to stop tML from believing it was outdated. And increase the version number, of course.

Download: Mod Browser or here

Credits:
- Same as for Item Customizer. This is basically just a segment of code from over there anyway (well, now that bit of code is in ShaderLib and this does barely anything, but yeah)

...don't use this, it's outdated anyway
!!WARNING!! This mod is pretty buggy. Use at your own risk.
World Persistence is a simple mod which makes you, NPCs, and projectiles persist when you re-enter a world.

You won't appear back at spawn when you come back - and non-town NPCs, bosses, minions, dropped items, and debuffs stay where they are, too.

The file is called EvilMod, and will show that during loading. Don't ask.
Download from the Mod Browser or Dropbox.

Changelog:
- 1.0: Initial release.

Known Whoop-de-doos:
- Don't try to use this mod if there are NPCs, projectiles, or dropped items from mods that have been removed in the world. Chances are bad stuff could happen.
- NPCs and projectiles will lose any mod data on re-entry, so prefixes from Prefixes for Enemies will disappear and dyed projectiles from Item Customizer will become un-dyed.
epic mod.
just wish it would work in mutiplayers
edit: works fine when you first dye an item and THEN join a server,
but when you put anything in the customizer it crashes

Last edited:
There's an interesting bug I just found. When you have any dyed tool or weapon equipped in your active slot, all fallen stars will be, while falling only, dyed the same way. Also, when using Helpful Hotkeys mod, a simillar scenario is possible.
1. Set "Use item in 20th slot" hotkey to, say, X.
2. Equip any dyed weapon/tool in your first/second/any slot, make sure this slot is active.
3. Put Money Through in the 20th slot.
4. Press X.
Result - the piggy is dyed in the same way as the weapon you held in active slot. This one is quite specific and difficult to appear randomly, but falling stars, while looking cool, looks like a bug. Now that I imagined rainbow-dyed falling stars, I don't even know if it should be fixed. Maybe you could implement an option using Mod Configurator for the user to decide.

Last edited:
There's an interesting bug I just found. When you have any dyed tool or weapon equipped in your active slot, all fallen stars will be, while falling only, dyed the same way. Also, when using Helpful Hotkeys mod, a simillar scenario is possible.
1. Set "Use item in 20th slot" hotkey to, say, X.
2. Equip any dyed weapon/tool in your first/second/any slot, make sure this slot is active.
3. Put Money Through in the 20th slot.
4. Press X.
Result - the piggy is dyed in the same way as the weapon you held in active slot. This one is quite specific and difficult to appear randomly, but falling stars, while looking cool, looks like a bug. Now that I imagined rainbow-dyed falling stars, I don't even know if it should be fixed. Maybe you could implement an option using Mod Configurator for the user to decide.

Pretty certain that dying projectiles is a intended feature. Yeah, its a bug that it paints unrelated objects like the piggy bank, but that's the real bug. While holding a dyed weapon, particles and effects may randomly get dyed same as your weapon. As for Projectiles though, its intended. You can also dye ammo separately for guns if i remember correctly. Dunno how it works when the gun fires a custom projectile that is not based on the ammo type...

i cant use Item Customizer in the Multiplayer mode,now i got two accidents:
open this mod,open my server,i can play with my friends,but if someone use the item customizer,his game will crash。
or anther way,i open the mod,then i cant open the server,my game will crash。
i really like this mod,hope u can fix the bug quickly

Is Item Customiser still getting updated, cause i really like this mod.?
For a while it wasn't, but I recently decided to revisit my old code and boy, oh boy did it need an overhaul.
In particular, I'm talking about Shader Library - almost the entire mod was completely reworked!

Once I feel that Shader Library (and my other mods that rely on it, including Item Customizer) are ready for public release I'll do so, and they'll have those neat things called "mod icons" that are all the rage nowadays.

Additionally:
  • Shader Library will provide two inherent functions:
    • It will contain the fix originally found separately in Vanilla Dye Fix.
    • You will be able to dye your hair with armor dye while wearing the Familiar Wig (cause why not?).
  • Hair Dye for Armor will enable equipping the hair dyes as armor dyes instead of adding in extra items.
  • I've finally crushed that enigmatic bug causing the Item Customizer interface to crash in multiplayer!
So please, just be patient for a little bit longer while I finish things up :D

So after a few weeks of dev (during which I was mostly silent, to be honest) I finally present to you TGM1234's Shader Mods 2.0!

Shader Library 2.0:
  • Internals almost completely reworked
  • No longer causes issues with scissoring (think Recipe Browser)
  • Now contains Vanilla Dye Fix, instead of it being a separate mod
  • Allows dyeing your hair with armor dye when wearing the Familiar Wig
Item Customizer 2.0:
  • Updated for Shader Library 2.0
  • Should no longer crash in multiplayer, yes really
Hair Dyes for Armor 2.0:
  • Equip applicable hair dyes directly instead of crafting items
Secret Dyes 2.0:
  • "Dev" dye no longer shifts when changing player direction
All aforementioned mods aside from Shader Library now also have their own mod icon. They're not great, but they'll do.
This also means that Hair Dyes for Armor and Secret Dyes have github repositories now, so you can see how ShaderLib code works in action without having to extract the code of my mods. And none of these will ever be susceptible to increased traffic on the Mod Browser.

Do note that because of the newness of things here there may be bugs, so if you encounter any please let me know so I can work on it.

Back
Top Bottom