tModLoader TGM1234's Mods

Hello, and welcome to my forum thread! This is for all of my mods.

Note that any DropBox links are not always up-to-date and may contain an earlier version of the mod. If you wish to install a mod, I would recommend doing so through the Mod Browser or downloading directly from the Mod Browser database.

Requirement for most of my mods (basically all of them right now, actually):
ShaderLib has a github!
Shader Library, or ShaderLib for short, is a modding library of sorts that gives modders a variety of tools
for manipulating Terraria's shader system, also known in-game as "dyes."

Currently, the library supports the addition of new ArmorShaderData, or "armor shaders" - the typical dyes.
There are also a variety of "hook" lists that allow modders to apply shaders to various objects.
At the moment, these objects include projectiles, NPCs, items (in inventory and in world), and held items (items in use).

Also, at a more technical standpoint, the mod/library breaks the game's 255 dye limit by being cool.

ShaderLib is required to use any mod that uses it, obviously.

Download on the Mod Browser or here.
Download the binaries for development here.

Changelog:
- 1.0: Official release.
- 1.0.1: Fixes modded dyes not working on modded accessories (and a few vanilla ones), held item shaders now apply to items that are just being held (torches, Unicorn on a Stick), and fixes item flame shader hooks
- 1.0.2: Re-uploaded for 0.10.0.1 (needed no changes, surprisingly)
- 1.0.3: Fixed zoom issues (turns out it did need changes after all)
- 2.0: Vastly reworked internals, includes Vanilla Dye Fix & 1 other feature
- 2.0.1: Fixes bug with drawing in flipped gravity
- 2.0.2: Fixes a drawing derp that made things blurry

Ever wanted to dye your items? Well, now you can:
Item Customizer now has a github! Check it out!
This mod lets you dye your items and make really cool things, like this:
View attachment 137090
You can also rename items to your liking (this does not affect prefixes).
As you can see in the gif, when you dye items you dye both the held item and any projectiles that the item shoots.
The mod does not dye dusts (at least, until the tML devs get around to making global dust hooks).

View attachment 174042
This is the GUI. Rename the item using the text box.
Place any item in the right slot, and a dye in the left (unless you don't want a shader) and click the "Apply" button. (Dyes are not consumed in the process)
Take the item(s) out and enjoy! Modded items with custom drawing or projectiles should be compatible too, provided they don't end/start the SpriteBatch (and none do that I know of).
Any mods that add custom dyes should also work provided that they add their shaders using ShaderLib.

Oh, yeah, and that Reset button - click it and it clears both any name change and dye from the item in the left slot. Pretty nifty, eh?

Items also have dyed icons, so you can see the dye from your inventory!

Craft the item to access the GUI with 5 iron/lead bars and 1 Strange Plant at an anvil. It's got the same texture as an anvil, because I'm lazy.

Download: Mod Browser, or here

Changelog:
- 0.5: Inital distributed release. Pre-Mod Browser.
- 0.6: Fixed dyes being applied to things that shouldn't be (enemy projectiles, pets...)
- 0.7: Item icons (in inventory, world) show dye, consumables now dyeable, fix for minions, draggable GUI
- 0.8: Improved shader drawing, check for if player is actually using item
- 0.8.2: Fixed certain shaders looking strange on multi-frame projectiles, stopped older undyed projectiles from getting newer dyed projectiles' dyes
- 0.9: Complete multiplayer support, UI saves items instead of deleting them, autopause support, proper child projectile detection, no NPC projectile dyeing, can customize stackable weapons (Light Disc etc.)
- 0.9.1: After waiting for much too long, updated for Terraria 1.3.3.3.
- 0.9.2: After waiting for a much shorter period, updated for Terraria 1.3.4/tML 0.9.
- 0.9.3: Fixed crashes in tML 0.9.2.
- 1.0.0: First release to be fully integrated with the new ShaderLib, fixes multiplayer rapidfire bug, and stops items losing data on reforge
- 1.1.0: Updated for tML 0.10.0.1, featuring a revamped UI, both internally and externally
- 1.1.1: Items don't lose names or dyes on reforge... again
- 1.1.2: Shouldn't crash on starting multiplayer and solves the accidental shading issue at last (by throwing out all the annoying logic and using something better)
- 2.0: Now uses ShaderLib 2.0. Fixes UI crashes in multiplayer.

Credits:
-Myself, for making this mod (I mean, I did put a bunch of work into this, right??)
-The TerraUI team (@Boffin , @abluescarab) for making the TerraUI Toolkit which I used to make the GUI in this mod (well, ok, not anymore, but it was helpful in the early days!)
-The tModLoader team for making tModLoader, of course

Known Bugs:
-- Sometimes I've seen a Meowmere fail to fire dyed projectiles. Re-dyeing caused it to fire correctly again. Cause unknown.
-- There can be weird things when stacking consumables with differing names and/or dyes. This cannot be solved in a way that I am aware, so it's staying for now.
-- Projectiles which are both friendly and hostile (such as bee hives) may get accidentally dyed if created while using a dyed item.

Known Quirks (Not a bug, though technically speaking not a feature either):
-- You can dye pets/armor/accessories/etc.. This will NOT cause the pet/armor/accessory/etc. to actually get dyed other than its appearance in the inventory. After all, what are the vanilla dye slots for? (Please don't post about this again...)

Some extra dyes to play with:
These two mods are the first of their kind: they add new dyes to the game!

Hair Dye for Armor adds normal variants of all previously hair-exclusive dyes while
Secret Dyes adds in dyes from unused shaders in the game's resources (some look really cool!).

Download both from the Mod Browser.
DropBox for Hair Dye for Armor
DropBox for Secret Dyes

Changelog (Hair Dye for Armor):
- 1.0: First release
- 1.0.1: Fixes dyes broken by changes in ShaderLib during development
- 1.0.2: Updated for 0.10.0.1
- 2.0: Updated for ShaderLib 2.0. Now allows equipping related hair dye instead of using new items. Old items will become unloaded items, sorry.

Changelog (Secret Dyes):
- 1.0: First release
- 1.0.1: Updated for 0.10.0.1
- 2.0: Updated for ShaderLib 2.0. Dev dye doesn't shift when changing player direction anymore.

Making Pet Dyes Great Again:
This mod is now a part of Shader Library. DO NOT use this anymore, it will crash!
A very simple fix which uses the same formula that I developed for the Item Customizer mod for better shader rendering.
What's the fix for? Well, if you've ever tried putting certain dyes on a pet, light pet, or hook, you might have noticed it looks absolutely horrid:
View attachment 137398
Here's what Vortex Dye on a Zephyr Fish looks like now:
View attachment 137397
Much better, right? This mod affects all pets, light pets, and hooks, as well as the Stardust Guardian.

Changelog:
- 1.0: First and likely final release. haha nope
- 1.0.0.1: A patch which fixes potential accidental shading of unshaded projectiles which were created before the pet/light pet/hook.
- 1.0.1: Mod now uses ShaderLib instead.
- 1.0.2: Updated for 0.10.0.1. Actually, it didn't need to update at all, but I had to rebuild to stop tML from believing it was outdated. And increase the version number, of course.

Download: Mod Browser or here
Credits:
- Same as for Item Customizer. This is basically just a segment of code from over there anyway (well, now that bit of code is in ShaderLib and this does barely anything, but yeah)

...don't use this, it's outdated anyway
!!WARNING!! This mod is pretty buggy. Use at your own risk.
World Persistence is a simple mod which makes you, NPCs, and projectiles persist when you re-enter a world.

You won't appear back at spawn when you come back - and non-town NPCs, bosses, minions, dropped items, and debuffs stay where they are, too.

The file is called EvilMod, and will show that during loading. Don't ask.
Download from the Mod Browser or Dropbox.

Changelog:
- 1.0: Initial release.

Known Whoop-de-doos:
- Don't try to use this mod if there are NPCs, projectiles, or dropped items from mods that have been removed in the world. Chances are bad stuff could happen.
- NPCs and projectiles will lose any mod data on re-entry, so prefixes from Prefixes for Enemies will disappear and dyed projectiles from Item Customizer will become un-dyed.
would be cool if there was a vanity item option and compatibility with weapon out and overhaul

hello I wanted to report a bug is that when one occupies a Shroomite armor and tries to customize a weapon at a distance with some knockback modifier the knockback of the weapons at distances begins to increase infinitely although it is fixed when this leaves and enters the world this It only happens with Shroomite's armor
Thank you for reading

The item customizer mod is incredible! I've been messing with the dyes and shaders a bit, and it's pretty amazing. One thing I was wondering is if you could make the customizer able to do more things like change item stats (damage, defense, etc.) This might have not been what your original idea for this mod was, and I totally respect that. If you are unable to, I understand. Anyways, thanks for creating such a great mod!

hello I wanted to report a bug is that when one occupies a Shroomite armor and tries to customize a weapon at a distance with some knockback modifier the knockback of the weapons at distances begins to increase infinitely although it is fixed when this leaves and enters the world this It only happens with Shroomite's armor
Thank you for reading
seems to also happen with calamity rouge armor sets

So started back up trying to load mods and found out that the AFK pets mod doesn't want to work the log showed this message ``
nitializing: AFKPETS v9.9.9.22
[20:30:08] [Threadpool worker/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 -> Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
[20:30:08] [Threadpool worker/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 -> Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
[20:30:08] [Threadpool worker/ERROR] [tML]: An error occurred while loading AFKPETS
The mod(s) have been automatically been disabled.
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Windows.Forms.Form' from assembly 'System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent+<>c.<Load>b__39_0 (Mod mod) [0x0001f] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModContent.LoadModContent (CancellationToken token, Action[T] loadAction) [0x00047] in tModLoader.exe
[20:30:08] [Threadpool worker/INFO] [tML]: Disabling Mod: AFKPETS
[20:30:29] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Process.Start (UseShellExecute = True): "/Users/craytherlay/Library/Application Support/Terraria/ModLoader/Logs/client.log"
`` does anyone know what that means?

The item customizer mod is incredible! I've been messing with the dyes and shaders a bit, and it's pretty amazing. One thing I was wondering is if you could make the customizer able to do more things like change item stats (damage, defense, etc.) This might have not been what your original idea for this mod was, and I totally respect that. If you are unable to, I understand. Anyways, thanks for creating such a great mod!
Glad you've been enjoying it! No, the mod's goal does not involve changing the item's stats.
In terms of the mod's future, though, it'll be likely I'll have to find time to update once tML goes to 1.4. At that point I'll probably end up reworking the entire codebase and making Item Customizer / ShaderLib 3.0, which (hopefully) will have vastly improved and added features. Stuff like a better access point than an anvil lookalike, more things you can dye, maybe I'll finally crack the code on allowing player-customized dyes, who knows. It might not even be called Item Customizer anymore, maybe I'll have a better title.

... if I ever manage to get around to it, that is...

So started back up trying to load mods and found out that the AFK pets mod-
This is not the AFK pets mod. I am not the AFK pets author. I don't know how you got here, but here is not where you want to be.

Thank you for reading
Known bug, weapons with knockback modifiers reapply their knockback modifier every update while inside the interface.
I wasn't able to solve the reason behind this back then, but hopefully I'll be able to fix that in 3.0.
After tML updates to 1.4.
And after I decide to put serious work towards this again.
Yeah.

it'll be likely I'll have to find time to update once tML goes to 1.4. At that point I'll probably end up reworking the entire codebase and making Item Customizer / ShaderLib 3.0, which (hopefully) will have vastly improved and added features. Stuff like a better access point than an anvil lookalike, more things you can dye, maybe I'll finally crack the code on allowing player-customized dyes, who knows. It might not even be called Item Customizer anymore, maybe I'll have a better title.

After tML updates to 1.4.
And after I decide to put serious work towards this again.
Admittedly I haven't played Terraria in quite a long while, but will be starting up again with 1.4 (also in order to update my own texture pack.)

But this mod is one of those I can't imagine playing Terraria again without. The ability to re-name and dye nearly anything is something I can't believe still hasn't been added into vanilla 1.4 (along with dual wielding) -- so this mod is simply indispensable imo. It's so good to know you're planning to update this brilliant mod for 1.4, as I'd assume will be necessary.

Any new features or added polish would be icing on the cake of course, but I'm plenty happy just with the continued support. Thanks again for sticking with this community throughout the years! :)

Update for ShaderLib + Item Customizer Released!
For the first time in 2 years, I've finally gone back to update these two mods with some very nice new features:

ShaderLib 2.1.0
- Actually I just cleaned up some code and updated some pieces to use non-deprecated methods, but it's still important.

Item Customizer 2.1.0
- Ammo now always uses its own dye, so you can use undyed projectiles with dyed bows/guns
- Now also dyes dusts from projectiles and melee weapon swings! This feature's been a long time coming.
- Dyed equipment now uses its dye when equipped. Many people wanted this, and while I was originally "hurr durr vanilla dye slots", I realized that there was a good amount of utility potential here, so here ya go! Obviously, equipped dyes override any item dyes.
- Bonus feature: the Paint Gun can dye NPCs it hits! Go ahead and have some fun with this one.

Note that I haven't tested any of this in multiplayer, so I guess we'll just have to see about that, heh.
Enjoy these new features while we wait patiently for the tML team to update to 1.4

Very happy to see the return of the creator of this mod, probably the coolest aesthetic mod out there!
I would like to address a couple issues, but I have to do some testing first so that I may be able to help find the causes

Ok! So, I was going to test if the issue with modded summon items (IE: Fargowiltas boss summons, Calamity and thorium summons, and a few other items) still persisted and i was met with a crash when opening the player/character select screen, i tried opening it as well with only ShaderLib and Item Customizer enabled with the same result.
Capture.PNG

Status Update: upon migrating my pre-existing characters to an external folder, removing them from the select screen, the game does not crash, i can create a character, play as that character, and use dyes and modded dyes like normal, and reopening said screen with modded dyes on the character also does NOT crash the game.

Edit: Fiddled around with more moving characters and found out that the familiar wig crashes the game \_o_/

Edit 2: Just tested Thorium and Calamity Boss summons in multiplayer and it seems Thorium summons work fine but Calamity summons do not function.

Last edited:
i'll have to double-check the familiar wig, i didn't think i would've done anything that broke it but maybe i was wrong

so the Calamity summons only don't work in multiplayer? that's odd, I'll have to look into that. more info than I've ever had on this before, to be honest. boss summons not working has been a mysterious issue for a long time and I've just never looked into it, perhaps it's about time

EDIT: yup, Familiar Wig is broken now, no idea how that happened, currently investigating (btw, it's highly likely that the reason your old characters crashed you is because one of them was wearing said wig). the only thing I know for sure right now is that it only occurs with Item Customizer loaded... very strange, fixing this will be top priority

Last edited:
Okay, give it a go now. I've uploaded version 2.1.1 of ShaderLib and Item Customizer to the Mod Browser. I honestly still don't know what on earth was actually causing this bug, but I did fix a bad PlayerLayer name in ShaderLib (coincidentally on the Hair layer, but it didn't stop the crash).

...I also tried to change the implementation of Item Customizer's equip item dye thing to something more in-line with ShaderLib, but broke it and didn't notice until after I pushed the publish button. Oh well, at least I can sleep knowing people aren't crashing from a wig.

Hello! I have loved the mod thus far, but with a recent patch it makes my character freeze and unable to move. I will spawn in, and be unable to perform any actions including opening inv, pausing, and attacking. It works just fine when removed. Just very weird it refuses to work now after so long.

Edit: If it makes a difference I'm using the 32bit version on Steam.

Last edited:
@thegamemaster1234 Hey i'm trying to run the Item Customizer mod, and I have the Shader Library mod installed with it, but when I click single player, the game crashes ONLY when item customizer is ENABLED. If it's disabled, my TmodLoader works fine. how do I fix this issue? (Note: I am running TmodLoader on Steam)

Update: After you uploaded version 2.1.1, the issue no longer exists!

Last edited:
Hello! I have loved the mod thus far, but with a recent patch it makes my character freeze and unable to move. I will spawn in, and be unable to perform any actions including opening inv, pausing, and attacking. It works just fine when removed. Just very weird it refuses to work now after so long.

Edit: If it makes a difference I'm using the 32bit version on Steam.
I can't replicate anything like this. Try with a minimal mod list to see if it's a negative interaction with some other mod you have installed.
A log would also be nice.

Version 2.1.2 of Item Customizer should now be on the Mod Browser. I fixed the new equipment dyeing feature, so it should work as intended now.
Apologies for the... excessively buggy release. I just wanted to get some fun features in, but I guess that wasn't as easy as I originally thought.

Last edited:
Item Customizer 2.1.3 released. This time I tried to track down the cause of the mysterious non-working boss summons, and I... well I think it worked. Unfortunately I'm currently unable to test multiplayer scenarios with more than one player at the moment, but I do know that the summons work, whatever the side-effects of this might be.

It's possible that this might fix other similar bugs, but I'm not sure. It's a strange one, alright. I still have no idea how what I changed had anything at all to do with what the summons were doing, or why it only broke Calamity's.

Woohoo!

Side Note: Just posted under WeaponOut forum asking if they could make it compatible with this mod cause the weapons in-hand don't show the dyes, would you be able to do anything about that on your end?

Possibly! It depends on how WeaponOut does their draw code. If it's a simple PlayerLayer it may be something I could put into ShaderLib itself, which would make Item Customizer compatible automatically

Note: WeaponOut did have Item Customizer integration; however, when ShaderLib 2.0 happened, parts of the relevant code changed, breaking it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom