PS3 Thank you 505 and engine

Anyone else notice the multiplayer fixes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whatofit

Terrarian
For what feels like years now, multiplayer has never worked right but now thanks to last weeks update everything is working right and feels like a finished game. I can now run two open all item maps at once without any crashes thank you so much(vita&ps3 wish I had a ps4 it would be 3)for the update. If anyone wants in on all items send me a friend request .

Because we're in TCF, thankfully there won't be negative repercussions by making this thread due to some bored console fanboys.

On the topic, it's great to see fixes like this happening and it shows the commitment and listening of the developers/porters. I myself have a PS3/4 and Vita and am glad for this fixing up.

Funny enough, you have Microsoft's Xbox One network handling (or lack thereof) to thank for it mainly. There were *NO* libs or middleware available for Xbox One multi player, so we had to write sockets and reliable UDP from the ground up, invite lists, packet handling etc. That logically also led to much improved network handling on all other consoles.

I appreciate the kudos btw :)

Funny enough, you have Microsoft's Xbox One network handling (or lack thereof) to thank for it mainly. There were *NO* libs or middleware available for Xbox One multi player, so we had to write sockets and reliable UDP from the ground up, invite lists, packet handling etc. That logically also led to much improved network handling on all other consoles.

I appreciate the kudos btw :)

Well then thanks Xbox one for not doing your job and letting someone who does do it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom