That Richard's Interface Redesign

That Richard

Official Terrarian
9g17tfW.png

Hello! A few years back, I remade the Terraria UI. That version is now outdated, so I decided to rework it completely.
Basically, it's if I designed the Terraria UI and couldn't change anything but the textures, this is it.

Upcoming in next versions:
- This will be the 1.4 update

Current changes:
- Complete Terraria UI redesign
- New cursor
- New icons
- Custom font
- Re-Logic logos are now 16:9 not 4:3

Download the newest version here (1.2)

How to install:
0. (situational) If you installed my version 1.0, you will have to delete the Texture Pack.zip from your Documents Terraria folder, because I no longer use the texture pack system! (until 1.4)
1. Go to your Terraria Content folder (Steam/steamapps/common/Terraria/Content)
2. Put the folders that are in my zip folder in there. Replace everything.

How to uninstall:
- Go to Steam, right click Terraria, Properties, Local Files, Verify Integrity.

Screenshots:
1.2 icons:
tqicLqR.png

Achievements:
mmdevZj.png

Player list:
pSXu93r.png

New font, inventory style:
JmCHFHW.png

New cursor:
ZIwPtWG.png
slObFr2.png

In-game settings:
bGe76DQ.png

Stylist menu (just a show-off of the sliders, etc.):
rTnbDL4.png

Keybindings:
AmDojxc.png

Version history:
1.2 - New icons, Re-Logic logos resized to 16:9, few other changes here and there.
1.1.1 - Trash cursor polished, fixes
1.1 - Cursor, menus, custom font.
1.0 - In-game Terraria UI redesign

Huge thanks to:
@ChippyGaming - for showing this pack in his video.
@Techdude594 - for providing help with custom fonts. Check out his packs too, here!

Last edited:
Menus, and custom cursor already done. Now only the font and I'll release the new version!
Be sure to check in.

I'll update the link that's on the main page, so nobody has to do the scrolling.

Pack has been updated! Download the pack from the new updated link!

News:
- Polished up cursor
- Custom font
- Few icons redone
- Menus redesign

Warning:
- Delete my old Texture Pack.zip file! It will replace some of my current or future textures!!! This pack will no longer use the texture pack system until 1.3.6! (If they fix the problems with it now)

[doublepost=1531406721,1531406190][/doublepost]A hotfix update will come up shortly.
Will add new cursors too + fixes the border of the cursor

After this hotfix update I'll update new screenshots, too!

Update 1.2 released! Added a few icons here and there to make the UI look more robust.
There will maybe be an update 1.2.1 that will add a few other icons if I feel like it!

Wow, those new icons look great! Do you have any tips to convert 2x2 textures into 1x1 as you did? I am planning on making a 1x1 texture pack for Terraria (which will encompass all of the textures) some day, so any tips would be nice!

Wow, those new icons look great! Do you have any tips to convert 2x2 textures into 1x1 as you did? I am planning on making a 1x1 texture pack for Terraria (which will encompass all of the textures) some day, so any tips would be nice!
I'm being a program really, adding pixels to the corners, etc. Trying just to smooth it out nothing else. A thing that I find myself doing the most is giving the borders the darkest color (and a little bit de-satured) that I can because it makes the inner part look stand out.

I'm being a program really, adding pixels to the corners, etc. Trying just to smooth it out nothing else. A thing that I find myself doing the most is giving the borders the darkest color (and a little bit de-satured) that I can because it makes the inner part look stand out.
Thanks for the tips! Was the first part of the first sentence a typo? I'm being a program?

Using program, most likely. For my few alterations, I've used PDN (or paint.net) as it provides enough flexibility to do what I want it to do. I do like the clean layout of everything, though. I should just stick to my little item modifications, haha.

Wow. Amazing. This is what I'm looking for.
UPD: Soo I have a mix of this and TTE. Cursor, grid and cross from this, everything else from TTE. Probably the borders are too thick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom