Pixel Art ThatGamer's Pixel art

ThatGamer

Official Terrarian
Hello there,Members of TCF! These sprites that I will be showing you are made from MS paint and I made them transparent here: http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/.I take requests too! I only do 3-4 requests in a week :D
Let' begin :D

SETS

Adaciron set (Working on Pickaxe and axe)
Adaciron armor.png
Adaciron Sword.png

ARMOR

Vlozc Armor
template.png

WEAPONS

Melee
(none)

Magic
(none)

Ranged
(none)

Requests

Shotte's request:
Request 1.png

I will be updating this page as soon as I can!

Last edited:
Pretty damn good! I'm hardly a seasoned spriter, but I personally think GraphicsGale is the best free spriting tool out there, while others advocate Paint.NET. I think MS Paint is a little slow and awkward, but there is of course nothing wrong with it if you like it the best!

Anyways, as for the sprites themselves... I'll start on the sword. I like the sword's shape! However, I would have shaded it left to right rather than bottom to top. Speaking of shading, I really had to squint to tell it was shaded at all - I can tell you were going for a smooth effect, but I'd be a little more bold with the contrasting shades in future!

I'd say the same for the armour. The shapes and design is again, good, but you could do with editing the shading to be more contrasting. Once you've done that, I think they'll look a lot better and Terraria-styled too! Hopefully this feedback helped.

Oh, if you'd like a request, why not have a go at spriting this sword if you fancy it? :3

A1xrekz.png

Oh, and that's someone's hand on the hilt, just to let you know.

I"ll start on it. Thanks for the feedback by the way!

You're welcome, it was the least I could try and do considering the fact you've clearly put a good deal of effort into those sprites up there. Hopefully it'll help you out a bit!

You're welcome, it was the least I could try and do considering the fact you've clearly put a good deal of effort into those sprites up there. Hopefully it'll help you out a bit!
Will the sword be slanted or is it like the pic?

Draw it whichever way's easier for you, I don't mind. You're probably more used to the slanted format though, I'm guessing?
Yeah. I'll try slanted.
EDIT: I cant find the border between the hilt and the blade..Can i just make a custom one?
EDIT2: Here it is with the custom guard
Request 1.png
(the outline is blending with my theme (Underground) Sorry if its happenning in yours too)

Last edited:
Oh wow, that actually looks great! The shading's much more of a contrast, and it looks a lot better as a result! I think I'd say that if you went for even more contrasting colours in future it'd look better still - though others may disagree. You really nailed the colour scheme on it, despite it being based off my blurry ol' image!

I think it's great, the only thing I would say is (and this goes for your other sword too, though I never noticed) - the hilt is a little skinny, don't you think? If it were to scale, then that would be one massive sword blade considering the hilt would be designed to be gripped by a person's hand!

So in short, I'd make your weapon hilts a little wider in future. That aside, I think you did a sweet job of it, and quickly too! :)

Edit: Oh, nah, it ain't - I use Snow myself. :p

Oh wow, that actually looks great! The shading's much more of a contrast, and it looks a lot better as a result! I think I'd say that if you went for even more contrasting colours in future it'd look better still - though others may disagree. You really nailed the colour scheme on it, despite it being based off my blurry ol' image!

I think it's great, the only thing I would say is (and this goes for your other sword too, though I never noticed) - the hilt is a little skinny, don't you think? If it were to scale, then that would be one massive sword blade considering the hilt would be designed to be gripped by a person's hand!

So in short, I'd make your weapon hilts a little wider in future. That aside, I think you did a sweet job of it, and quickly too! :)

Edit: Oh, nah, it ain't - I use Snow myself. :p
Thanks for feed back! :D

Back
Top Bottom