Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will console exclusive vanity sets stay console exclusive or pc players can hope to get them eventually?

So I've been playing the heck out of 1.3 today (just beat Martian Madness and Lunar Cultist) and it's been a really smooth and well-running update so far. The only problem I have run into is that when I do certain things (so far it's happened when I dyed my pet and placed tile while grappled to a ceiling,) the sprites for all my followers and hook will either become static and pressed up against the player or disappear completely. (You can still use them all regularly, though.) The only fix I've come across is having to save the game and restart it.
Not a big problem, and nowhere near game breaking, just wanted to give you guys a heads-up.
All in all, though, a fantastic update! The new UI's taking a few to get used to, but I'm loving everything so far! :dryadgrin:
Lol ive fought moonlord 3 times with no success aha last bit of health and the death ray gets me

So will using an item while on a pet still make the pet dissapear?
Mount, and no. Read the Features&Mechanics (I think that’s what it’s under) spoiler. You can attack, idk bout grapple though.
So can someone answer this cos im well stressed, can you actually access a full crafting list? Because i hate the new quick list it only lets you craft to the relevant items in your inventory, i wanna be able to see the full available stuff :(
Use the guide

So I had a couple thoughts and didn't know where to put them, and this seemed like as good a place as any.
I love 1.3 and understand there's gonna be some bugs that need to be worked out, I'm patient. But I just had some ideas after playing that I think would be well received by the community, though I could be wrong.
I think zooming using the touchpad should have stayed. Having to pause, which doesn't stop the game, to zoom in and out seems like a hassle. And trying to zoom in and out during a fight, it can be disasterous. Mapping "zoom in" and "zoom out" seems like a waste of two button inputs when the touchpad did it so perfectly.
Speaking of two buttons, the touchpad can be pressed as a button on both the left and right sides. That would be wonderful as it adds 2 more button inputs. There are more things that can be assigned to buttons than there are buttons it seems, so I think that'd help tons.
Third, the inventory font seems too small. Increasing the font size by a few points or something would greatly help. Because right now, with the inventory font doing that pulsing thing, it makes it even more difficult to read. Especially when it dims, it seems to dim too low.
Lastly, I dunno if this is a bug or it's just me, but my buff icons, from potions and such, are faded out to a point that you can't really see them and also there's no timers under them anymore.
These are just some ideas from observations I had after playing a bit. Would definitely like to see if anyone else had the same thoughts or not.

Some thoughts I've had as well.

I second the many opinions that the inventory need to be less translucent. It's awful to see with. And the pulsing coloured text is a terrible idea. Pulses to often and too light and dark.

Also does anyone know how to dismiss pets or debuffs now? There used to be a buffs bar you could access on the console specific menu, and with the pc interface you right-click on the buff bar (which also needs brightened up it's way to dark). As does the highlighting if the option you are on when selecting where you are in the control rebinding screen. Can't tell what is selected.

Lots of stuttering and performance issues for me atm, especially in split screen. Intermittent, so it's hard to pinpoint the how's or why's to help with feedback, it it's regular enough that it's a real problem.

Also it zooms and messes up the view every time when fighting pillars in split screen for me as soon as the screen changes colour. And it crashes 100% of the time when fighting the nebula pillar and player 2 dies.

It's also very very slow and laggy to load player screen and world screens, and then to load in or out.

Lots of little things that while some are nitpicky, I agree with other are important.

I am going to try something. I am going to go into my vita, and remove all items from my player save and upload 'that' to the cloud.

Then go back to my PS4, and try to access my player cloud save again.

If other people are accessing their cloud saves, I can't logically understand why mine won't.

Did they remove the "Turn autosave off" mechanic? Because if they did, that's definitely a bad thing.

I am going to try something. I am going to go into my vita, and remove all items from my player save and upload 'that' to the cloud.

If other people are accessing their cloud saves, I can't logically understand why mine won't.

It simply has to do with an unstable line of code I have the same issue I don't stand a chance as soon as I hit the button for cloud menu it crashes it is going to be a matter of time before you can get it just have some patience in the Mean time I suggest you enjoy a new character and world it's 1.3 after all

Also has anyone worked out how to do teams and turn PvP on and off? It feels like there's a whole screen worth of options from the console versions that hasn't been imported. Or I'm just crazy and can't find it.

Also when I try to buy stacks of something like musket balls the 'ching' sounds of buying kinda glitches out all other sound including the music.

Last edited:

Negative. Stripping my player file bare and re saving it to the cloud on my Vita and trying to access the cloud through the update still resulted in a crash.

So irritated.

Whenever I die while fighting against a pillar, it freezes and I have to close out and come back in. I don't know why, but could you please try to fix this? Like if you have this problem to. =(

Did they remove the "Turn autosave off" mechanic? Because if they did, that's definitely a bad thing.

I seem to be finding things on a minute to minute basis that is wrong, bugged, weird or just plain missing. I am absolutely under no illusion of how insanely hard it is to rewrite the game in another code base and props to the team at Pipeworks for getting it to where it is, but things like the the inventory opacity and flashing coloured text for items in your inventory and (potentially) just missing the whole buffs, teams and PvP on off scheme seems like crazy unnecessary design oversights.

* Edit*Anyone know if there's a way to choose between private and public online games? Again, seems insane that you cannot choose this unless I'm misunderstanding how it works.

And when I'm in my piggy bank the text for deposit all etc is so insanely faint I can barely read it. Everywhere I look it seems like I find new things missing or wrong

Anyone know how to summon pets, or light pets? Or desummon. Can't find a button to do this. Why is there an equipment menu added if when you put your equipment in said menu, you can't access it without 4 or 5 clicks? Better off just keeping it in my inventory then it's such a hassle to get back to them.

Last edited:
It simply has to do with an unstable line of code I have the same issue I don't stand a chance as soon as I hit the button for cloud menu it crashes it is going to be a matter of time before you can get it just have some patience in the Mean time I suggest you enjoy a new character and world it's 1.3 after all

Look, I will begrudgingly start from scratch today if I must; but if that's the case, I only want three things.

An Ocram Trophy, an Ocram Mask, and a set of Vampire's Knives.

I think that's more than reasonable seeing that I have, at least at the time of writing this, lost everything.

I also realize that the Vampire Knives isn't the strongest weapon in the game, but they are my own personal Mjolnir, and I need them lol

And the trophy and mask are things I can no longer replace in game any longer.

So if any of you that have had successful conversions have duplicates of any of those three items, and would like to show a little compassion for someone who suffered from this update this holiday season - my PSN ID is GeekBaronRW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom