Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture+_2017-12-18-00-37-05.png
Capture+_2017-12-18-00-37-21.png
there's the recipe for the guy who wanted to be taught on how to acquire them

Teach me how to acquire spawners.
If you really wanna know how to make 3 stacks of Skeletron Prime spawners (One stack is 20 Spawners), you will need:
-1800 bones
-180 Souls of Light
-180 Souls of Night
-300 bars of Iron or Lead

I'd say getting the bones was the hardest and most tedious part.

Maybe making an afk farm in the dungeon would help with farming bones.
I was really dumb not to think of this, but I'm no good with wiring and such. :sigh:
[doublepost=1513577585,1513577510][/doublepost]
Getting enough bones for one spawned is hard.....
Took me about a full week to get the bones. They don't always drop and even when they do, it's not much.

I don't think I'm ever going down to a dungeon again. The walls make me sick just looking at them.

Yeah, thanks - I got more detail on this later in the night and I have the detailed issue sent in. (apparently if they die and respawn the names fix themselves...and this only happens on legacy worlds)

There is almost zero chance of "just revert the old UI" - the far more likely road is "ok how can we take what is here and tweak it to cover the biggest issues that people have". Just being up front with folks on that so that we can focus on those solutions and ideas.

One of our moderators played around with this - its just not in the actual game now - its in the Sony menus. Image and steps below. This was on the new update, PS4.

View attachment 189877

It was noticed long ago - and fixed at the time. For some reason, it crept out of the weeds again. Have already asked how that came to pass.

Get used to the design of the new UI? Yeah. That doesn't mean that it cannot be tweaked or evolved around the core complaints that everyone has had. As I said in the Feedback Thread, I have a good list of complaints (and they are consistent) and ideas that folks interested in finding solutions have provided. Once the major bugs are squashed, that list will be discussed and then we will see what ideas the team decides to implement in that area from there.

Quite a bit of hyperbole there. Will just leave it at that. ;)

That is extremely unlikely to occur. For one, as people have noted, those are two different things entirely - so its not as simple as "adding a slider" like one would for volume. Far more realistic is to take what is here and say "ok what do people dislike the most....transparency? Text size? Blinking Text? Etc....ok how can we improve this in those areas to lessen or remove those issues". Several folks have already provided some solid ideas in that space. I've been noting all of them down as we go.
We're talking about the in-game upload/download feature that is present in every version of Terraria except the new update in the PS4 version, which was previously in the old PS4 version. We're only able to download from the cloud in-game, but not upload. We don't want to use the PSN version because it has no utility like it does in-game.

I guess you didn't check enough sources. Here's a short list of things I quickly collected:

Some bugs:
- Items disappearing into thin air
- Worlds being overwritten with online world you joined
- Splitscreen stretching
- Crashes when killed by certain bosses
- Invisible sprites when dye is used on certain stuff
- Various online multiplayer crashes
- Events not happening
- Mushroom spear and Amarok invisible when used
(etc.)

Some downgrades (apart from UI):
- Stutter and slowdown
- No private multiplayer sessions
- Multiplayer lag (causing all sorts of issues)
- Not being able to save without leaving the world
- Not entering the world after world creation
- Much longer loading & world creation times
(etc.)
Welp... you know what? I'd rather these bugs be fixed rather then my world, which I played on for over a year, gets wiped. Now if that happened... there'd be nothing stopping me.

Yeah, thanks - I got more detail on this later in the night and I have the detailed issue sent in. (apparently if they die and respawn the names fix themselves...and this only happens on legacy worlds)

There is almost zero chance of "just revert the old UI" - the far more likely road is "ok how can we take what is here and tweak it to cover the biggest issues that people have". Just being up front with folks on that so that we can focus on those solutions and ideas.

One of our moderators played around with this - its just not in the actual game now - its in the Sony menus. Image and steps below. This was on the new update, PS4.

View attachment 189877

It was noticed long ago - and fixed at the time. For some reason, it crept out of the weeds again. Have already asked how that came to pass.

Get used to the design of the new UI? Yeah. That doesn't mean that it cannot be tweaked or evolved around the core complaints that everyone has had. As I said in the Feedback Thread, I have a good list of complaints (and they are consistent) and ideas that folks interested in finding solutions have provided. Once the major bugs are squashed, that list will be discussed and then we will see what ideas the team decides to implement in that area from there.

Quite a bit of hyperbole there. Will just leave it at that. ;)

That is extremely unlikely to occur. For one, as people have noted, those are two different things entirely - so its not as simple as "adding a slider" like one would for volume. Far more realistic is to take what is here and say "ok what do people dislike the most....transparency? Text size? Blinking Text? Etc....ok how can we improve this in those areas to lessen or remove those issues". Several folks have already provided some solid ideas in that space. I've been noting all of them down as we go.
Should be noted that this is not the same feature which means they removed the one I’m talking about. THe one shown here was always a separate feature of uploading to psn, however I’m speaking towards in game cloud, which was available to all players. Should be noted to all PS4 users that this feature displayed in the screenshot is limited to ps+ users. Sadly that old upload download feature is removed for whatever reason

If you really wanna know how to make 3 stacks of Skeletron Prime spawners (One stack is 20 Spawners), you will need:
-1800 bones
-180 Souls of Light
-180 Souls of Night
-300 bars of Iron or Lead

I'd say getting the bones was the hardest and most tedious part.
Sounds manageable. May visit other worlds that don’t have the Post-Plantera effects in dungeons. Thanks!

If I had the option of sticking with pre 1.3 until it was better I would. Unfortunately, I'm stuck not being able to play splitscreen (the reason I bought it) because it auto updates. I think what John says wouldve worked better. Have upgrading to 1.3 be an option and not a forced thing.
Also fyi xbox 1 players who want 1.3 but do play splitscreen,
  • The text is very hard to read in single player due to flashing, transparency and its small size. Gets waaaay worse when in 2 or 4 player split screen.
  • Crafting, npc housing, and inventory are all on the one screen now too. Again having alot of small stuff on one screen is bad but when in split it is even worse.
  • There are tons of bugs like items disappearing forever or going invisible. The top player's screen being squashed or stretched
I think they need to make the inventory take up the full screen again and crafting be another tabbed screen. If they want to make it like PC sure but please split it up and make it bigger.
Some people are reporting bugs here https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/7kdf2q/thread_for_ps4_bugs_13/ if you want to see some stuff to expect.

Oh and devs what happened to the option of having L3 and X be jump? Think it was called alt jump or something and was pretty useful. Also Ps4 has two touchpad buttons (left and right) as well as the pinching. If you could allow us to use those to free up some other buttons itd be great.

You can jump with X. Think it's something called changing control scheme. Pretty useful.

Before complaining about something. Let's make sure it's actually a "something."

I don't know about everyone else, but I've been playing PC Terraria with a controller pretty much ever since controller support was added, and I've never had a problem with the interface, even if it's originally designed for a mouse, I found it just as easy to navigate with a controller. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with it, last time I checked the new Console interface is basically 1:1 with the PC interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom