Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
...If they haven't even responded to the submission then I think that means that they won't be responding to it/seeing it until January and now we have to wait longer after that just to see if they have the same bugs as PS4. Rad. :sigh: It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun
Well I'll be playing other games while I wait.

Just created an account to say, thank you for rendering the game my family and I have enjoyed for years unplayable.

My kids have been waiting for the 1.3 update for over a year and have been asking me weekly since the delays over the Summer when they'll finally be able to make new characters and go through the whole game again with their parents as we have done periodically for years.

Now the update is here and the splitscreen UI is utterly unusable, even on our large living room TV.

I can't believe that in the name of parity with the PC version you have released a console version of Terraria that is this fundamentally broken in terms of splitscreen functionality. Did anyone actually test 4 player splitscreen in any kind of realistic environment? Did these people actually sign off on this debacle of a user interface?

I know this is a free update but you really didn't have to kill off a game my whole family loves.

Hey, so i was wondering, has anyone recieved a cosmic car key yet since the 1.3 update? I have killed 40 saucers, got multiple of everything else but no key? :(

What wings did it become ?
I think they mean that it became a normal Red’s Wings item
[doublepost=1513627453,1513627410][/doublepost]
Hey, so i was wondering, has anyone recieved a cosmic car key yet since the 1.3 update? I have killed 40 saucers, got multiple of everything else but no key? :(
You’re probably just extremely unlucky, I’ve had that unluckiness happen to me before. Keep at it and you should get one

That's what I've been asking for - how to make what is here better. Look, maybe the team does decide to do something drastic - but knowing what I know, I think that is highly unlikely. I've been trying to document suggestions in that area - but if everyone gets hung up on "just revert the old one" then we never move on to brainstorming other ideas.
Thank you the response. It's a fair expectation. I've played the PC version, so some some aspects of the new UI are familiar to me. I can't speak to splitscreen, I haven't used it. I also sit close to a monitor to play, so small text hasn't been an issue for me.

Basically both the scrolling list and the full grid for crafting are cumbersome to navigate on a controller. It takes a while to get to the items you want. Some system of organization, at least in the full grid view, would help a lot I think.

The inventory suffers from this a little too, but the transfer shortcut keys make things easy enough that adjusting isn't that bad.

Some further customization in the controls is needed too. I can rebind my keys for menu screens separately from the combat controls on the PC version, but that option isn't here on console.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've been playing PC Terraria with a controller pretty much ever since controller support was added, and I've never had a problem with the interface, even if it's originally designed for a mouse, I found it just as easy to navigate with a controller. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with it, last time I checked the new Console interface is basically 1:1 with the PC interface.
It is basically the same, but that doesn't mean it's as good as it needs to be.

Last edited:
Do you have a link? Because I'm a bit doubtful about that.
Guess in this is the link
https://kotaku.com/5080083/so-how-long-do-sony-and-microsofts-approvals-processes-take?IR=T
[doublepost=1513628948,1513628410][/doublepost]
Regardless of when purchased, this is an old game. An almost 7 year old game. When was the last time you heard of a company updating that old of a game? I'll save the thinking and say none (not counting re-releases like Master Chief Collection, which was a godawful buggy release). And this is ONLY an updated UI experience because they weren't exposed to the PC version. Again, I also have grievances against how it looks and operates. But the thing to remember is that no product is perfect, ever. There will be growing pains.

On to your analogy; would you expect a door to open when you place a table behind it IRL? No, that would be silly. And looking up recipes? Yeah, that's annoying, but IRL, you would still have to look it up (or have an encyclopedia for a brain). I'm not going to argue the vision bits, because out of all of this, that seems like I would have major issue with as well.

The main point to all of this is that your tone didn't give off a constructive air or even a modicum of thanks for free stuff. I am thrilled I get to fight the Moonlord and then on to Expert mode. But backhanded rhetoric and an entitled manner doesn't help your case. I am not attacking you, I'm just saying that a little bit of patience and thanks that your release wasn't delayed again should alleviate your concerns. Imagine it for X1 players; we have to see all of this and just hope that there is some kind deity that will allow us to see it before it hits 7 years and pray that we will have a slightly better time with all of these issues at least out in the open.
I’m a tf2 player so I think I can explain this.

FREE STUFF DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR RUINING WHAT YOU LOVE.
[doublepost=1513629140][/doublepost]
I dont want to change anyone's opinion or anything, but minecraft changed its UI when 1.12 came to consoles, I hated it at first, now Im used to it, For those who dont like it, well get used to it and be greatful they put effort in updating the game in 2 years, and those who have it on PS4 and complain, we Xbox players cant wait, seeing these negative things make uwprorry how it's going to be
Minecraft made a new console based AI. Pipeworks crtl + c crtl + v the PC UI, which does not work for console.

Just created an account to say, thank you for rendering the game my family and I have enjoyed for years unplayable.

My kids have been waiting for the 1.3 update for over a year and have been asking me weekly since the delays over the Summer when they'll finally be able to make new characters and go through the whole game again with their parents as we have done periodically for years.

Now the update is here and the splitscreen UI is utterly unusable, even on our large living room TV.

I can't believe that in the name of parity with the PC version you have released a console version of Terraria that is this fundamentally broken in terms of splitscreen functionality. Did anyone actually test 4 player splitscreen in any kind of realistic environment? Did these people actually sign off on this debacle of a user interface?

I know this is a free update but you really didn't have to kill off a game my whole family loves.

Calm down, the team are working on fixing the game and will fix the split screen problem. So don't lose hope. And wait till that time comes.

and make 1.3 dlc as a paid option. Win win in my eyes.

- John
First of all, you need to put yourself in the shoes of pipeworks. They’ve been nagged, annoyed, frustrated and they still gave us the update, and made a place to post bugs. Rolling back 1.3 would be a bad idea.
Second of all, it’s free on pc, so it should be free on console. A free dlc would be good for 1.3 if you want to keep it original way, but relogic never makes paid dlc.

@Loki @ClearConscious

I got a new bug for you guys. I had advertised wanting someone to give me a set of Vampire's Knives, and the Ocram Mask and Trophy. Some guy I don't know (God bless'im) invited me into his map, gave me what I needed so I saved and exited only to find that it saved HIS map over my map on my console.

Now I have ALL his stuff, which seeing that I lost all mine - is a gift in disguise, BUT for other that may cause someone else to LOSE a lot of stuff if there map is overwritten.

So word of caution, Do Not Save And Exit while on another player's map. It may save over your own.

@Loki @ClearConscious

I got a new bug for you guys. I had advertised wanting someone to give me a set of Vampire's Knives, and the Ocram Mask and Trophy. Some guy I don't know (God bless'im) invited me into his map, gave me what I needed so I saved and exited only to find that it saved HIS map over my map on my console.

Now I have ALL his stuff, which seeing that I lost all mine - is a gift in disguise, BUT for other that may cause someone else to LOSE a lot of stuff if there map is overwritten.

So word of caution, Do Not Save And Exit while on another player's map. It may save over your own.

Yeah we're looking into this. Thanks for the report!

Guess in this is the link
https://kotaku.com/5080083/so-how-long-do-sony-and-microsofts-approvals-processes-take?IR=T
[doublepost=1513628948,1513628410][/doublepost]
I’m a tf2 player so I think I can explain this.

FREE STUFF DOES NOT MAKE UP FOR RUINING WHAT YOU LOVE.
[doublepost=1513629140][/doublepost]
Minecraft made a new console based AI. Pipeworks crtl + c crtl + v the PC UI, which does not work for console.

.... How has it been ruined? Have you lost a world and/or character? Are you so impatient (and looking through all of these posts, this is evident in a vast number of players) that you can't give them a chance to fix it? I swear, if people expected perfection out of every product they put their grubby mitts on, there would be a vast amount of disappointment in every level of commerce. Not saying there isn't, but I digress.

OK, one question I wanted to ask a dev; does PC have splitscreen? Because the whole 'one Terraria experience' seems to be a little ambitious when that isn't the case.

Don't delay the update for Xbox. There is no point in doing that because Xbox took longer to fix bugs, so the bugs on Xbox will be different then PS4. And I'm pretty sure pipeworks wants us to find bugs for them.

Have never owned a PC game but it's downloading as we speak for my laptop.

I just bit the bullet and spent 10 bucks which is what I should have done a year ago.

I have kids so I definitely have patience but these people have taught me a whole new definition.

I hope everything works out for you guys. Good Luck!
[doublepost=1513632603,1513632380][/doublepost]
.... How has it been ruined? Have you lost a world and/or character? Are you so impatient (and looking through all of these posts, this is evident in a vast number of players) that you can't give them a chance to fix it? I swear, if people expected perfection out of every product they put their grubby mitts on, there would be a vast amount of disappointment in every level of commerce. Not saying there isn't, but I digress.

OK, one question I wanted to ask a dev; does PC have splitscreen? Because the whole 'one Terraria experience' seems to be a little ambitious when that isn't the case.
Plenty of games update with little to no problems. Some don't and those are called Bethesda. This has surpassed Bethesda status.

No PC does not have splitscreen

Don't delay the update for Xbox. There is no point in doing that because Xbox took longer to fix bugs, so the bugs on Xbox will be different then PS4. And I'm pretty sure pipeworks wants us to find bugs for them.
This could be out of ReLogic's and Pipeworks' hands though. If Microsoft refuses to certify the update because of one of these bugs then it will be delayed until the devs fix it. Nothing the devs can do to stop that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom