Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad the update has finally been released!

Just a few questions:
  • Can I switch to the old inventory/crafting UI? It seemed actually built to be used on controllers, and by comparison, the PC UI feels weird and clunky to use, since it was built to be used with a mouse.
  • Can I still zoom in with the PS4 controller? Usually I zoomed it used the touchpad, but the doesn't seem to work anymore. Makes splitscreen a hassle to play.

I was just playing with my friends online when the update got in and I nearly broke my TV seeing terraria get an update and of course, you guys changed the loadup screen to make it look more 1.3 style ! Everything about this update is just amazing! Get rekt xbox users the superior console gets the superior version first.
But the superior console got more time spent on a superior update and the superior platform got the update a while ago...

Just a few questions:
  • Can I switch to the old inventory/crafting UI? It seemed actually built to be used on controllers, and by comparison, the PC UI feels weird and clunky to use, since it was built to be used with a mouse.
  • Can I still zoom in with the PS4 controller? Usually I zoomed it used the touchpad, but the doesn't seem to work anymore. Makes splitscreen a hassle to play.

Sadly, the old interface has been removed from the game. As for the zoom, you now have to bring up the menu and press L2/R2 to zoom in and out.

Just a few questions:

Just 1 reason for the developers to work their magic towards providing us with Keyboard & Mouse support, that and I remember someone saying something along the lines of "One Terraria", KB/M support would completely solidify all versions of Terraria under the "One Terraria" prerogative :)

P.s yes I'm gonna keep pushing for this :D

The PS4 version actually isn't superior. The game is written on the Unity engine, which is a versatile game engine capable of running on many consoles and platforms without major changes to the code, maybe even no changes. The Xbox version and the PS4 of Terraria will both use the same code for the game because of Unity.

In fact, Pipeworks will probably add whatever changes they had to do to fix the suspension bug for the Xbox One version to the PS4 and Switch versions for the sake of convenience, to make the code consistent between versions.

So yeah, all of this stuff about there being a superior version of the game really is just false because all new console versions will use the same code.

Let's stop the talk about one console/platform being superior to others, please, even if meant in playful jest. They can easily be taken the wrong way, and we don't need to have drama over such a silly topic.

XB1/PS4 are equally important in the eyes of Re-Logic/Pipeworks/505 Games, and hopefully both will be able to play soon.

1. There doesn’t seem to be an option to upload worlds to a cloud. Was this done to stop people from duping items? I feel duping is a fair alternative to grind for certain items (low-tier ore, boss summons, diamonds) whenever people hit end-game.

Going to ask about this - not sure honestly.

2. Is there support for K&M controlls? Some of the additional features state there are keyboard exclusive options and I think it would sute the extreme number of functions to be mapped.

No, that was my bad on a typo when I was pulling over the 1.3 changelog. :sigh:

3. Where is the secondary jump function? It is extremely hard to use your thumb to control both the analog stick and press X at the same time.

Controls can be fully remapped to whatever you want - not just the presets - in settings.

So can someone answer this cos im well stressed, can you actually access a full crafting list? Because i hate the new quick list it only lets you craft to the relevant items in your inventory, i wanna be able to see the full available stuff

This is how it has always been for the core game and is the intended design. Show an item to the Guide and you can still access everything that you can craft with that material as a component.

Last night when I was using the new crafting menus and using the quick placement of furniture. A couple of my items disappeared.

i was mining some blocks in my new world, and all of a sudden my picksaw just vanished

Clearly, neither of these situations have ever occurred in any testing, so interested to hear more. Have you guys filed a bug report via the link on the OP for this yet? The more detail the better please!

Are you guys gonna change/revert anything due to feedback or just fix bugs?

Rest assured that all constructive feedback is being read and considered. Does that mean it will all 100% be done? Nope. It does mean that voices are being heard and that some tweaks may occur as a result. What and when? Too early to say.

Is the arkhalis or sword shrines going to be implemented now or 1.3.0.1?

Those were added in 1.3.0.1 and this should be a 1.3.0.7 equivalent, so unless I am mistaken they should be in there.

Where are the equipment slots for mounts, hooks, etc?

Right above the armor/accessory area on the right side of the screen. Right next to the Housing Interface button. Click the little grappling hook.

The only thing i have noticed is a few small graphical glitches and it crashes alot with this weird graphical glitch thst warps my view on co-op.
Yeah me to...
It happens randomly when someone joins.
Other than that, the update is AWESOME guys!!!
I guess I'm not a true fan though cause I haven't beaten Moon Lord yet...:D
Loving the yoyos!:passionate:
Yay finally... sadly I have xbox.. Oh well! More time to clear out hacked items due to paranoia!
Oh, I kept some but I'm fine.
For some reasen I turned to stone when I logged on?
But I waited and it went away.:happy:

Going to ask about this - not sure honestly.

Could you also ask about the game windows resolution and letterboxing please?

There are HUGE black borders all the way around my game - is this intentional because it was struggling to run at native resolutions and upscaling looks bad, or is it just my game is somehow bugged? On my screen I have nearly 3 inch borders at the sides and 2 inches at the top and bottom of my screen (im getting a 42" game window on a 48" tv - that's insane. No other game has this so I can't work out why terrarua does now after the update.

That's surely not meant to be there?

Last edited:
Could you also ask about the game windows resolution and letterboxing please?

There are HUGE black borders all the way around my game - is this intentional because it was struggling to run at native resolutions and upscaling looks bad, or is it just my game is somehow bugged? On my screen I have nearly 3 inch borders at the sides and 2 inches at the top and bottom of my screen (im getting a 42" game window on a 48" tv - that's insane.

That's surely not meant to be there?
There is a solution to this, let me look....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom