Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night when I was using the new crafting menus and using the quick placement of furniture. A couple of my items disappeared. I lost a tungsten pickaxe, and 2 gold swords :(.brilliant update though! It feels like a totally new game, expert mode is hard! Smile rain when I had wooden armour and a wooden sword was hard!

A couple notes from me:
1. There doesn’t seem to be an option to upload worlds to a cloud. Was this done to stop people from duping items? I feel duping is a fair alternative to grind for certain items (low-tier ore, boss summons, diamonds) whenever people hit end-game.

2. Is there support for K&M controlls? Some of the additional features state there are keyboard exclusive options and I think it would sute the extreme number of functions to be mapped.

3. Where is the secondary jump function? It is extremely hard to use your thumb to control both the analog stick and press X at the same time.

That’s it for now. Thanks!

So, I am enjoying the update. I have one question/suggestion: on PC Terraria one of the options for controllers is to have a radial hot bar and quick select. This was not put into the PS4 version of the game for some reason. Will/can this get added? A radial menu is (for at least the hot bar) so much better than "R1-ing" through each one. Good work on the code re-write, I really like the new UI.

A radial menu was added in PC 1.3.1 (console is currently at 1.3.0.1) by way of an item called The Grand Design

Hopefully in the near future we see the same item come to console :)

A couple notes from me:
2. Is there support for K&M controlls? Some of the additional features state there are keyboard exclusive options and I think it would sute the extreme number of functions to be mapped.

I've spoken to a few people about this in the past and the answer we've been given was this:

untitled_by_o_rainknight_o-dbol5em.jpg

So maybe in the not too distant future we'll see KB/M support, Re-Logic, 505 and Pipeworks would have to collaborate with Microsoft as the only 2 titles I know of atm are Halo Wars 2 and Minecraft bedrock edition, both of which are developed in house by Microsoft so green lighting KB/M projects is handled internally thus less "red tape"

Ok so when tryin to open cloud to import character game crashes everytime on ps4 other than that made a new character and world no issues other than getting used to new menu and hotkey use as well as the new stuff in coming across in expert mode I do expieriance a lag as if a cell is loading for about 2 to 3 seconds every minute or 2 that's all. I guess I should consider myself lucky? Based on all the other user issues I've seen posted.

A radial menu was added in PC 1.3.1 (console is currently at 1.3.0.1) by way of an item called The Grand Design

Hopefully in the near future we see the same item come to console :)
This is not correct, you're thinking of the wire settings. The radial hotbar was added in the PC controller support as an alternative to cycling through the hotbar at the top of your screen. It's a key binding that requires no items. When you press it a circular copy of the hotbar at the top appears and you can use either the right or left sticks to select items.

It allows me to use a single keybind for item switching leaving a key freed up on the shoulder buttons for grappling.

Do I have to worry about getting my save corrupted? I have over 1000 hours into the console version alone and would rather not lose my huge main world. I'm on Xbox, not PS4.

So can someone answer this cos im well stressed, can you actually access a full crafting list? Because i hate the new quick list it only lets you craft to the relevant items in your inventory, i wanna be able to see the full available stuff :(

Do I have to worry about getting my save corrupted? I have over 1000 hours into the console version alone and would rather not lose my huge main world. I'm on Xbox, not PS4.

The absolute worst case scenario would be that if you couldn't transfer your stuff it would merely be inaccesable for a time until such a problem were to be addressed and updated. So don't delete anything if that was something that was to happen (im not a dev for the game so if I'm wrong don't crucify me)

Ok I love that the update is now live but one sad thing is that the world conversion is not loading. It has been at the same percentage for over 2 hours. This is a bug. Will there be a possible fix for this? P.s I don't want to delete my game data or worlds.
See these quotes below from Pipeworks regarding world conversions:
Legacy Save Conversion: We're aware of a bug that is preventing you from converting your saves. Please note that even after conversion we create a untouched backup of your worlds. DON'T delete your worlds. As soon as we have a fix implemented we'll let you know. Thanks!

If you're still encountering this issue please try the following: Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup) --> than delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage. Restart the game. Report your results. Thanks!

So will using an item while on a pet still make the pet dissapear?
No, you can now fish and use your weapons while mounted.

So can someone answer this cos im well stressed, can you actually access a full crafting list? Because i hate the new quick list it only lets you craft to the relevant items in your inventory, i wanna be able to see the full available stuff :(
You are able to give any material to the Guide and he'll tell you everything that can possibly be crafted from it (even if you don't have all the materials necessary to craft it).

Thabks for the reply, just one more quick thing, i was mining some blocks in my new world, and all of a sudden my picksaw just vanished, any ideas?

Are you guys gonna change/revert anything due to feedback or just fix bugs? I understand bugs like the corrupting, crashing, being stone, having items dissapear and stuff is more important but I hope you listen to other stuff too. Apparently the dpad selects aren't saved and need to be rebound every time. And quite a few changes are somehow way worse. Which is weird considering just leaving some stuff as it was would've been easier and better. Thanks for the update though and I really hope it gets to a point where its how it was meant to be

I was just playing with my friends online when the update got in and I nearly broke my TV seeing terraria get an update and of course, you guys changed the loadup screen to make it look more 1.3 style ! Everything about this update is just amazing! Get rekt xbox users the superior console gets the superior version first.

This is not correct, you're thinking of the wire settings. The radial hotbar was added in the PC controller support as an alternative to cycling through the hotbar at the top of your screen. It's a key binding that requires no items. When you press it a circular copy of the hotbar at the top appears and you can use either the right or left sticks to select items.

It allows me to use a single keybind for item switching leaving a key freed up on the shoulder buttons for grappling.

Ohhh didn't know about that, I'm a Console player so the only reference I've got to go by is the ever changing wiki and official sources lol

Thanks for the info though, that sounds like something we could definitely use on console, Dragon Age Inquisition has the same radial selection for potions etc so I can see how it would benefit us more :)

It's been awhile since playing, but I believe I had about 6 worlds. All except for about 2 were the huge size.

Now when I watch the progress bar for the legacy conversion - the text it freezes on is "Converting Players" - which I only had one player account.

I deleted my saves hoping it would help, and it did - I can start and play it now, but then it crashes on trying to access both cloud player saves and world saves.

I even completely uninstalled Terraria and reinstalled it from scratch.

That might be a problem with your ps4 if you dont have enough space to convert because mine converted fine and I could still pull from the cloud but the game is much laggier now. Maybe delete things from other games. It also might just be that they're too big to convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom