Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about everyone else, but I've been playing PC Terraria with a controller pretty much ever since controller support was added, and I've never had a problem with the interface, even if it's originally designed for a mouse, I found it just as easy to navigate with a controller. I'm not entirely sure what the problem is with it, last time I checked the new Console interface is basically 1:1 with the PC interface.

I've been the same as you, used controller to play on pc long before official support was added. The unofficial mod to do it was a bit janky but worked well e ought to get by. The official version is manageable but it's in no way comparable to the original console UI which was built with controllers in mind. The pc control support was put in retroactively to support m/k UI with a Controller and like I say It was never good. If your used to the pc UI and never really used the console version then you won't know how bad it is and won't appreciate how unwieldy it is now compared to before as you don't have a point of reference. If it's all you've ever known then it will seem fine. Honestly, I'm primarily a pc guy, and have spent more than my fair share of time with both over the last couple of years. The pc UI is manageable with a controller but it doesn't make it preferable or even very useful compared to the old UI.

Mind saying where it is? wasn't able to find it after the update.

Settings > Controls

It's impossible to miss, man.
[doublepost=1513612672,1513612385][/doublepost]@Loki @ClearConscious Any update on being able to download our old saves from the cloud and converting them over to legacy?

Still getting this every time I try and download my old character/worlds.

IMG_0478.JPG

Apologies for the late reply, Loki. I have been playing around getting the problem to duplicate, and I have found a fairly reliable situation to cause it to happen.

No worries on the delay - thanks so much for the additional information. I have passed this directly along to the dev team. :)

Our legacy world crashes, any crafted item (doors, chests, torches, banners) blink in and out, then disappear. Even hovering over where they should be, its like nothing is there.

Co op crashes the same way on newly created (not legacy) worlds, wherever someone with a legacy character joins. So, completely unplayable with our old world and characters.

Just so that I understand - your legacy worlds converted fine (completed the process) but crash every time you try to run them? If not, you can try the method on the FAQ - https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/

My suggestion is to offer a way to roll back 1.3 until fixed, and make 1.3 dlc as a paid option. Win win in my eyes.

I am not certain the first is even possible, and we have no plans to ever do paid DLC for this game. It's not our thing. Even if it would mean more money.

@Loki You are either wrong or mistaken about the upload/download on the cloud saves.

I go to that option on the main menu, and it's doesn't list my saves as being there on the cloud - but I know they are because I can still download them onto my PS3/Vita versions of Terraria.

I do not have a PS4 (my console is XB1), so I am having to go on what others that do and that I can speak to in order to try things can show me. In that person's case, it was easy enough for them to go in and find and do whatever with cloud saves (thus the screens they sent). So - there must be another variable at play here? What does it show when you go and look (screen)?

I am trying to track down some clarity on this whole cloud save confusion - I've posted all the info that I have to the team this AM to see if someone can give me clarity on what's up.

Incidentally, does anyone know how to unsummon a pet from a staff? Like the new dragon, seeing as it crashes the game if you die with it out. No-one I've spoke to can find a way to unsummon the thing other than to leave the world. Which removes all your dpad hot keys as well. Every time. ...just Bananas.

Assuming that it appears as a buff/pet - finally got one of my PS4 players to send me the method. I will admit up front that I know this is way too many steps, and I have already added this to my running feedback list immediately. Going to add this to the FAQ with some images this morning.

• You have to open your inventory, r1 to the armor/ accessories section, click x on the grappling hook icon 'equipment', then at the bottom is your hardly visible buff, highlight it and click x to get rid of it.

There's probably no chance of the old UI coming back, but that doesn't mean we should stop giving feedback. The PC UI just isn't good enough and needs tweaked. At least some kind of new tabbed crafting interface to replace the old one.

Moat's posts are negative, but not rule breaking. He's probably speaking from a place of a lot of anger. Last I was told by the mods that's totally allowed here.

That's what I've been asking for - how to make what is here better. Look, maybe the team does decide to do something drastic - but knowing what I know, I think that is highly unlikely. I've been trying to document suggestions in that area - but if everyone gets hung up on "just revert the old one" then we never move on to brainstorming other ideas.

Negativity is fine. Personally attacking other people or being over-the-top with profanity laced tirades or trolling is what tends to start tripping the rules.

We're talking about the in-game upload/download feature that is present in every version of Terraria except the new update in the PS4 version, which was previously in the old PS4 version. We're only able to download from the cloud in-game, but not upload. We don't want to use the PSN version because it has no utility like it does in-game.

That much I have sorted out - what I am trying to determine is if the PS version works for people at all. At the very least, that speaks to the level of priority that needs to be given to this vs other things.

@Loki @ClearConscious Any update on being able to download our old saves from the cloud and converting them over to legacy?

Would have to defer to CC on that one. I have not personally received more info, but he is on-site and I know they worked through the weekend, so maybe he will have some info.

Regarding the Xbox One timing - I personally think it would be extremely bad form to release the game (if we had approval, which afaik has not arrived) at the very least without checking for/addressing the major bug list from PS4 against it. The feedback stuff, maybe that could come after - but not the bugs. People losing items/worlds/etc is not a small matter to me.

No worries on the delay - thanks so much for the additional information. I have passed this directly along to the dev team. :)

Just so that I understand - your legacy worlds converted fine (completed the process) but crash every time you try to run them? If not, you can try the method on the FAQ - https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/

I am not certain the first is even possible, and we have no plans to ever do paid DLC for this game. It's not our thing. Even if it would mean more money.

I do not have a PS4 (my console is XB1), so I am having to go on what others that do and that I can speak to in order to try things can show me. In that person's case, it was easy enough for them to go in and find and do whatever with cloud saves (thus the screens they sent). So - there must be another variable at play here? What does it show when you go and look (screen)?

I am trying to track down some clarity on this whole cloud save confusion - I've posted all the info that I have to the team this AM to see if someone can give me clarity on what's up.

Assuming that it appears as a buff/pet - finally got one of my PS4 players to send me the method. I will admit up front that I know this is way too many steps, and I have already added this to my running feedback list immediately. Going to add this to the FAQ with some images this morning.

• You have to open your inventory, r1 to the armor/ accessories section, click x on the grappling hook icon 'equipment', then at the bottom is your hardly visible buff, highlight it and click x to get rid of it.

That's what I've been asking for - how to make what is here better. Look, maybe the team does decide to do something drastic - but knowing what I know, I think that is highly unlikely. I've been trying to document suggestions in that area - but if everyone gets hung up on "just revert the old one" then we never move on to brainstorming other ideas.

Negativity is fine. Personally attacking other people or being over-the-top with profanity laced tirades or trolling is what tends to start tripping the rules.

That much I have sorted out - what I am trying to determine is if the PS version works for people at all. At the very least, that speaks to the level of priority that needs to be given to this vs other things.

Would have to defer to CC on that one. I have not personally received more info, but he is on-site and I know they worked through the weekend, so maybe he will have some info.

Regarding the Xbox One timing - I personally think it would be extremely bad form to release the game (if we had approval, which afaik has not arrived) at the very least without checking for/addressing the major bug list from PS4 against it. The feedback stuff, maybe that could come after - but not the bugs. People losing items/worlds/etc is not a small matter to me.
So will Xbox one get delayed again?

Last edited:
@Loki I definitely can't speak for everyone on PS4. I personally accept that I will, in time, get used to the new interface as far as how you craft and change equipment.

But I do hope the development team is taking our complaints about the visual aspects seriously - namely the transparency and the tiny, flashing text. These "features" make the game nearly impossible to play if you are sitting away from your television on a couch or bed. There is a great deal of bellyaching going on in this thread, but there are also some absolutely heartbreaking stories of ruined gaming experiences that would be alleviated if they can address some of the critical differences between sitting smushed up against a screen on PC and sitting far away on a couch and console

But I do hope the development team is taking our complaints about the visual aspects seriously - namely the transparency and the tiny, flashing text. These "features" make the game nearly impossible to play if you are sitting away from your television on a couch or bed. There is a great deal of bellyaching going on in this thread, but there are also some absolutely heartbreaking stories of ruined gaming experiences that would be alleviated if they can address some of the critical differences between sitting smushed up against a screen on PC and sitting far away on a couch and console

Rest assured that I have a pretty extensive feedback list going. The UI stuff (finding ways to address the biggest complaints) is at the top of said list. Will get that in front of the team once they are done with bug squashing - which has to be their priority.

So yep I was right... we have to wait even longer.... woohoo...... yay..... we hAve been waiting a year and a half by now....
I think no one can wait a month more especially with the hype from Ps4 gettingn it.... I know I can't :sigh:

So yep I was right... we have to wait even longer.... woohoo...... yay..... we hAve been waiting a year and a half by now....
I think no one can wait a month more especially with the hype from Ps4 gettingn it.... I know I can't :sigh:

I have no idea. As far as I know, MS has not even responded to the submission yet. That said, if the team can avoid crashes and issues with saves and worlds, that simply has to be done. If that means an extra wait, then yeah - in my opinion, that wait would be worth it.

@Loki @ClearConscious

Alright guys, I hope this is of some use. The below images are from my PSVita. As you can see from this image, I have deleted my player saves:

IMG_0479.JPG

Pressing "R" will retrieve your save from the cloud, which looks like this:
IMG_0481.JPG

And viola, there he is - This proves that my save files do exist on the cloud:

IMG_0482.JPG

Now, on my PS4. When I go into Online Storage from my System Menu, like you had suggested before - it only shows files from the updated version of Terraria:

IMG_0484.JPG

So, I know those old saves are still on the cloud - cause I can still access them on the Vita and the PS3, but they don't appear on the PS4 menu, and also when I attempt to access them through the ingame download cloud option, I get the crash screen I posted earlier.

Let me know anything I can do for you guys to help.
[doublepost=1513617995,1513617666][/doublepost]At this point, I am getting more frustrated with the impatient people in this thread than I am PipeWorks.

So what you have to wait for the update, they didn't have to update it at all.

Besides that, the update isn't going so well for some of us - but how about being a part of the solution and giving critical feedback and suggestions, instead of whining about delays and using passive aggressive sarcasm to a dev team that has worked tirelessly over the past year to give you something special for FREE.

@Loki @ClearConscious

Alright guys, I hope this is of some use. The below images are from my PSVita. As you can see from this image, I have deleted my player saves:

View attachment 189921

Pressing "R" will retrieve your save from the cloud, which looks like this:
View attachment 189923

And viola, there he is - This proves that my save files do exist on the cloud:

View attachment 189924

Now, on my PS4. When I go into Online Storage from my System Menu, like you had suggested before - it only shows files from the updated version of Terraria:

View attachment 189925

So, I know those old saves are still on the cloud - cause I can still access them on the Vita and the PS3, but they don't appear on the PS4 menu, and also when I attempt to access them through the ingame download cloud option, I get the crash screen I posted earlier.

Let me know anything I can do for you guys to help.
[doublepost=1513617995,1513617666][/doublepost]At this point, I am getting more frustrated with the impatient people in this thread than I am PipeWorks.

So what you have to wait for the update, they didn't have to update it at all.

Besides that, the update isn't going so well for some of us - but how about being a part of the solution and giving critical feedback and suggestions, instead of whining about delays and using passive aggressive sarcasm to a dev team that has worked tirelessly over the past year to give you something special for FREE.

Now how can you give feedback if you only have a xbox?

...If they haven't even responded to the submission then I think that means that they won't be responding to it/seeing it until January and now we have to wait longer after that just to see if they have the same bugs as PS4. Rad. :sigh: It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun

...If they haven't even responded to the submission then I think that means that they won't be responding to it/seeing it until January and now we have to wait longer after that just to see if they have the same bugs as PS4. Rad. :sigh: It's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun

I understand the frustration, but we simply have to let the process play out at this point. There is nothing anyone can do to "rush that along" I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom