Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem to be so less patient with the Xbox Certification. You people never complained that Ps4 took 6 days, yet you're acting like it's gonna take Xbox MONTHS to get the update just because it's been 4 days.
EDIT: Sorry about that double-merge, no clue what happened.

People seem to be so less patient with the Xbox Certification. You people never complained that Ps4 took 6 days, yet you're acting like it's gonna take Xbox MONTHS to get the update just because it's been 4 days.
[doublepost=1513634503,1513634484][/doublepost]People seem to be so less patient with the Xbox Certification. You people never complained that Ps4 took 6 days, yet you're acting like it's gonna take Xbox MONTHS to get the update just because it's been 4 days.
That’s because PS4 is enjoying the update while we still have he outdated version

[doublepost=1513634503,1513634484][/doublepost]People seem to be so less patient with the Xbox Certification. You people never complained that Ps4 took 6 days, yet you're acting like it's gonna take Xbox MONTHS to get the update just because it's been 4 days.
It will take longer because Microsoft hasn't even looked into it yet.

Have never owned a PC game but it's downloading as we speak for my laptop.

I just bit the bullet and spent 10 bucks which is what I should have done a year ago.

I have kids so I definitely have patience but these people have taught me a whole new definition.

I hope everything works out for you guys. Good Luck!
[doublepost=1513632603,1513632380][/doublepost]
Plenty of games update with little to no problems. Some don't and those are called Bethesda. This has surpassed Bethesda status.

Lol, nothing surpasses Bethesda. Had a glitch where I could never visit Markarth (because of instant aggro from all the city) even though I didn't side with Stormcloaks until one day, it magically vanished. After not playing for several months. Breaking the economy In Fallout 4, breaking the entire game with Chameleon in Oblivion AND Martin Septim. Good old Martin Septim, who was only a non-essential NPC for one mission in the entire game. However, it's the gate mission. He couldn't not die, even when I sprinted to the gate. I had to up my conjugation to max (I was mainly a non-magical Archer) from zero just to glitch zero weight Daedric armor on to keep him alive long enough to sprint thru the portal. The crowning bug was doing the Thieves guild Nightingale quest where the two other NPC's walk to the end and perform the ceremony; Except this time, they tried to leave the cave after the first chest. I had to force shout them to the platform at the end to complete the quest. This took two hours of real time. So no, this is a roadbump compared to Bethesda's games.

However, I am glad you bought it for PC. Mk combo will always beat a controller. Enjoy!

Jees you guys need to chill out if it gets denied and they have to resubmit it with a bug fix then that's just better than all the hassle PS4 users are having. I personally lost my hype when all these people with bugs started pouring in and I'd rather it be denied so people don't lose progress or have the game be unplayable.

Last edited:
Yo mod guys someone on reddit might've found the reason stuff vanishes. Using build mode with magic mirrors and stuff apparently makes them disappear.

EDIT: Sorry about that double-merge, no clue what happened.

It's beacause Ps4 is playing it with some bugs and bad UIs and we might not get it for a long while due to that. (It might get denied and worked on and lots of other stuff setting it back)
For me I would be fine with all of those bugs including my world's dying. Since I have lost my best worlds multiple times thanks to many reasons (12w stuff, Acidently downloading a world into its slot removing it, ect) and i just want it to come out...

Last edited:
It's beacause Ps4 is playing it with some bugs and bad UIs and we might not get it for a long while due to that. (It might get denied and worked on and lots of other stuff setting it back)
i wish that would have released 1.3 for both platforms at the same time, because if it does get declined then they have to fix all these Bugs PS4 Has and then resubmit 1.3, which could lead to another delay for Xbox, possibly early January 2018

Hey, so i was wondering, has anyone recieved a cosmic car key yet since the 1.3 update? I have killed 40 saucers, got multiple of everything else but no key? :(

I got one earlier today, so they definitely are there. it was the first martian madness event, and my son froze it by dying when using the dragon... (even after i told him like 4 times that it would happen, im not salty about it at all lol) but when we restarted, it was back to 50% of the way through the event and got it off the second of the big saucer things. Just checking, you know it drops only off them right? (So my son says)

RNG was kind to me this day. But i deserve it, as i have killed over 100 paladins to get the paladin hammer for my son with no success. Such is the life of RNJesus huh?

I have an idea
If you release the update when it verified, then the people on Xbox can also help with finding bugs which would make your job easier by showing which bugs are on Xbox one or on PS4 or that are on both.

Is that a good idea?

For me I would be fine with all of those bugs including my world's dying. Since I have lost my best worlds multiple times thanks to many reasons (12w stuff, Acidently downloading a world into its slot removing it, ect) and i just want it to come out...
If Microsoft certifies the update I'm confident Pipeworks and ReLogic will not delay the game. Xbox players will get 1.3 warts and all.

If the update is delayed on Xbox it will be Microsoft's call. There's nothing the devs can do to change that.

If Microsoft certifies the update I'm confident Pipeworks and ReLogic will not delay the game. Xbox players will get 1.3 warts and all.

If the update is delayed on Xbox it will be Microsoft's call. There's nothing the devs can do to change that.
If the ps4 version has passed certification with all these bugs xbox is probably going to pass it too.

Is 1.3 Xbox one out Yet???????

I CANT HANDLE THE WAIT.....PLEASE!!!!
[doublepost=1513640344,1513640261][/doublepost]reaction if it releases today
8064d7044e3506cdf1c12468799d552e_spoons-rattling-know-your-meme-pioneer-spongebob-meme_886-703.jpeg

Honestly, that damn bug that got Pipeworks angsty could've been fixed at a later date, just puttin' that out there. An alternative decision could've been to ALERT everyone about the bug.
[doublepost=1513641732,1513641220][/doublepost]I surely appreciate the time and effort put into this patch, I know how that feels, it's excruciatingly tough. But the deal is, mates, that you have TO TEST (CAPITALS ONLY TO HIGHLIGHT. NOT A NEGATIVE MEASURE) UIs IN REAL CONDITIONS before releasing them in a patch. I've definitely heard of people not being able to read text on BIG TVs from their COUCH. It might be great (the visibility) for monitors, but not for consoles. Also, the text flashes more on console than PC. As a last note, increasing the opacity in the menus is a much needed improvement. And while your at it, make the UI's non-text segments more visible.

- The guy who owns a XBX1 but still gives feedback (after seeing ferocious reviews)

I honestly don't think a lot of people understand what certification means when it's submitted. Microsoft aren't play testing the game to see if it's buggy and give a list of bugs to the developers to fix. Certification is basically them checking that the code meets all the correct requirements for the console and checking it doesn't buggier up their console and brick their users hardware. There isn't a team of nerds at Microsoft powering through to moo Lord and noting all the bugs they encounter lol. Basically if it doesn't mess with their system and meets all the requirements of a patch they will approve it regardless if the developers themselves have left bugs in the game. Whether or not once it gets approved they apply the patch to the game themselves or they say. To pipe works it's approved add it when you want I don't know.

I honestly don't think a lot of people understand what certification means when it's submitted. Microsoft aren't play testing the game to see if it's buggy and give a list of bugs to the developers to fix. Certification is basically them checking that the code meets all the correct requirements for the console and checking it doesn't buggier up their console and brick their users hardware. There isn't a team of nerds at Microsoft powering through to moo Lord and noting all the bugs they encounter lol. Basically if it doesn't mess with their system and meets all the requirements of a patch they will approve it regardless if the developers themselves have left bugs in the game. Whether or not once it gets approved they apply the patch to the game themselves or they say. To pipe works it's approved add it when you want I don't know.

Exactly, but it takes quite some time. Usually a 2 week long process for MS.
[doublepost=1513642913,1513642733][/doublepost]
If Microsoft certifies the update I'm confident Pipeworks and ReLogic will not delay the game. Xbox players will get 1.3 warts and all. If the update is delayed on Xbox it will be Microsoft's call. There's nothing the devs can do to change that.

Sure wish that would be the case . . . but we have something called the "Quality First" policy, a policy the Terraria devs take too seriously. Even when they can roll out bug fixes (for minor bugs) after an update releases, they need to fix the slightest of bugs. I don't know if that's more of a good or bad segment of the devs. I love their relation with quality, but sometimes you need to break up, especially if a bug's minor. Love the Terraria dev attitude, but their stubborn attitude to change is much too evident.

- In Two Minds Right Now

Exactly, but it takes quite some time. Usually a 2 week long process for MS.
[doublepost=1513642913,1513642733][/doublepost]

Sure wish that would be the case . . . but we have something called the "Quality First" policy, a policy the Terraria devs take too seriously. Even when they can roll out bug fixes (for minor bugs) after an update releases, they need to fix the slightest of bugs. I don't know if that's more of a good or bad segment of the devs. I love their relation with quality, but sometimes you need to break up, especially if a bug's minor. Love the Terraria dev attitude, but their stubborn attitude to change is much too evident.

- In Two Minds Right Now
Actually I think they take it seriously enough, at least more than any triple A publisher has done this year.

Moo lord.... is it a giant celestial cow?

(Not meant to be offensive just found it funny)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom