Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I think I'd rather find a physical copy of the game to revert back to pre-1.3, if no assistance is available for those of us who've lost/can't use their data.

I think even with a physical copy the 1.3 (urr, 1.07) update will be forced upon you unless you're willing to disconnect your console from the internet.
Not only that, a physical copy of Terraria won't even have the 1.2.4 content on it, it released at only 1.2.1.2. So it wouldn't be compatible with your legacy saves. There's no way to choose which patch you want to download either.

.... How has it been ruined? Have you lost a world and/or character? Are you so impatient (and looking through all of these posts, this is evident in a vast number of players) that you can't give them a chance to fix it? I swear, if people expected perfection out of every product they put their grubby mitts on, there would be a vast amount of disappointment in every level of commerce. Not saying there isn't, but I digress.

OK, one question I wanted to ask a dev; does PC have splitscreen? Because the whole 'one Terraria experience' seems to be a little ambitious when that isn't the case.
No, not bugs, bugs happen. The UI especially designed for console was removed and replaced with the crappy pc controller UI.
[doublepost=1513659180,1513658783][/doublepost]
Really scared both of us there is also ten more offscreen too
I got my eyes on you, yeah.

@Loki @ClearConscious

Not sure what the patch this afternoon addressed, but game still crashes on trying to load previous version player files and world files from cloud.

At least on my system, still no resolution for everything I lost so far.

Yeah, it didn't address some other major bugs (like the one where items vanish and the other one where local worlds are being overwritten after online play). They also said there won't be a new patch until next year.

Xbox users probably also have to wait till 2018. X-mas holidays will be boring for them, frustrating for PS4 owners.

A minor little thing, but I miss the seamless transition into the Blood Moon:

Twice this night, I had the Blood Moon trigger, and both times the screen flashed white with a switch SFX, I was legitimately startled, because I thought something bad was happening with the game.

Is there still a wiring limit??? Wtf, why is this even a thing? *Increase world size, but maintain a wiring limit* so I just have to say, I absolutely love the new update. It's amazing. It looks good, feels clean, and there is SO MUCH NEW GODDAMN CONTENT! But it's still so annoying to get around Large worlds. Like, excruciatingly so. Now, I know I could set up a multitude of teleporters and do it that way, but for the sake of convenience, why not just remove the wiring limit? Is it really going to break the game if I want to teleport 2,000 blocks away?

Is there still a wiring limit??? Wtf, why is this even a thing? *Increase world size, but maintain a wiring limit* so I just have to say, I absolutely love the new update. It's amazing. It looks good, feels clean, and there is SO MUCH NEW GODDAMN CONTENT! But it's still so annoying to get around Large worlds. Like, excruciatingly so. Now, I know I could set up a multitude of teleporters and do it that way, but for the sake of convenience, why not just remove the wiring limit? Is it really going to break the game if I want to teleport 2,000 blocks away?
Console 1.08:
  • Wire length-limit removed.
  • Dropped wires now stack themselves.
  • Levers can now power multiple wires.
Wires should have already had no limit under the last patch. I'd assume since this patch is based on the PC code that wires should be unlimited here too.

Console 1.08:
Wires should have already had no limit under the last patch. I'd assume since this patch is based on the PC code that wires should be unlimited here too.

Yeah, I've checked my wiring 3 times, made sure there were no holes or loops, or any interference. My teleporter simply won't work.

I don't know if anyone has experienced this, if playing on splitscreen and a blood moon happens player 1s screen get zoomed in so far you cant see your character. As soon as the blood moon ends it goes back to normal.

Not only that, a physical copy of Terraria won't even have the 1.2.4 content on it, it released at only 1.2.1.2. So it wouldn't be compatible with your legacy saves. There's no way to choose which patch you want to download either.

I don't own the physical copy lol. It's digitally downloaded.
[doublepost=1513667343,1513666766][/doublepost]
Console 1.08:
I'm stupid. I did have a hole in my wiring. It was in the center of a large clump of mud blocks, hard to see. Ugh...

Yeah, I've checked my wiring 3 times, made sure there were no holes or loops, or any interference. My teleporter simply won't work.

Try copying a design from a tutorial video and see if it works.

I would test it out but I don't own the ps4 version of terraria...yet
[doublepost=1513667527,1513667453][/doublepost]
I don't own the physical copy lol. It's digitally downloaded.
[doublepost=1513667343,1513666766][/doublepost]
I'm stupid. I did have a hole in my wiring. It was in the center of a large clump of mud blocks, hard to see. Ugh...
Glad to see you found the problem now you should be able to use your teleporter.

Really scared both of us there is also ten more offscreen too
Wow @Lionoflight00, that's a lot of eyes. :) Have you sent that screenshot in with a bug report? Send as many details as possible here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

I don't know if anyone has experienced this, if playing on splitscreen and a blood moon happens player 1s screen get zoomed in so far you cant see your character. As soon as the blood moon ends it goes back to normal.
Hi @mickylovefist, this was an issue that Pipeworks has sent out a hotfix for. More info here: Terraria 1.3 PS4 Hotfixes Released + Plan Moving Forward

If you are still experiencing it after downloading the hotfix, be sure to send in a bug report so they know parts of it are still happening. Send your report here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

@Unit One I downloaded the available update and am still experiencing both the blood moon flash and the treasure chest issue. I also frequently have a visual glitch when I save and exit, chunks of my world (basically whatever was on my screen when i exited) overlay the terraria loading screen for the first few seconds, then they disappear.

@Unit One I downloaded the available update and am still experiencing both the blood moon flash and the treasure chest issue. I also frequently have a visual glitch when I save and exit, chunks of my world (basically whatever was on my screen when i exited) overlay the terraria loading screen for the first few seconds, then they disappear.
Hi @Ahrimanah, I'm not sure that the blood moon flash or treasure chest issue were part of the hotfix. It'd be best if you send as much detail as possible (explain it very very well) about those issues to Pipeworks, along with information about your world chuck overlay bug to: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

That's going to be the quickest way for Pipeworks to hear about the bugs.

I reported it :) the only one that really causes any problems is the treasure chest not closing. The screen flashing when the blood moon starts might be deliberate; I've never played on PC so I don't know if it does that. The overlay glitch just looks scary because it elicits an "OMG is my save corrupting??" reaction but has not caused any actual harm (yet, I guess)...

Microsoft has shut down for the rest of the year for the Holidays. I would say that means if the update doesn't roll out today it's probably going to be mid January 2018.

I honestly feel like this whole thing could have been avoided by telling Xbox owner "hey don't suspend your game" "make sure to exit to main menu until we fix this"

Honestly Xbox owners are probably looking at a week or so into January before it passes certification, another week for pipeworks to address any bugs? I'm guessing so that would be around mid January.

Of course all that could change if it dropped today for everyone but I wouldn't bet on it. Although Tuesdays and Thursdays are typically update days for Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom