Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure sometime between tomorrow the 20th and Friday the 22nd is when xbox will get it if not the worst case scenario is January I highly doubt that
Agreed during my Minecraft Xbox 360 days whenever they said it was in cert testing we usually saw it in a week or a week and 2 days in the latest but it could be longer for terraria...

Sorry that I mentioned Minecraft (haven't played that in years the only reason why I have the together update beta was because I was trying to get my dragon ball fighters beta version) but that the only other game that I played that announced when their patch was in cert testing.

Also question for the ps4 players do you have an option to change your old world to expert because if not I will have to delete one or two worlds

Well other than the fact that xbox one users like me are about fully enraged at this point. I understand you’ve been working hard, and this update is big news. Nevertheless, i heard misconceptions that this new update was practically filled with bugs. Maybe it had alot, but i dont think it was that unbearable. Im still happy to see news like this from you guys, and keep up the good work. :] (yes i am a new user)

Well other than the fact that xbox one users like me are about fully enraged at this point. I understand you’ve been working hard, and this update is big news. Nevertheless, i heard misconceptions that this new update was practically filled with bugs. Maybe it had alot, but i dont think it was that unbearable. Im still happy to see news like this from you guys, and keep up the good work. :] (yes i am a new user)
I don't mind the wait(maybe because I have tf2 and terraria on pc) but I can see the reason why some Xbox players can be enraged I honestly can wait a little more especially after I heard about people having their worlds being overwritten with someone else's.

You see, right now I'm not as interested in Terraria as I ought to. I just can't enjoy my self without 1.3, even if I have a "less buggy" and more entertaining version. The part of my brain responsible for ethics, thinks its wrong and unjust that PS4 got it first. But what it really hates are the BROKEN PROMISES PW MADE. Also, there's a reason they told the PS4 community to BACK UP your worlds ON USB (if that's possible . . .). All I want is 1.3.
[doublepost=1513726489,1513726356][/doublepost]I'm still enjoying it, tho. My ethical part is just mesmerizing my brain. So is the release date.
And thats exactly it! It was a poor decision on their part, and like Proto said (sorry not sure how to tag) this reflects poorly for the game itself, pipeworks should have had all their ducks in a row before deciding to single xbox out. Yes they've been working on it forever, but everyones been waiting..not just PS4. I love this game, and i will stay dedicated too it, but honestly..im losing faith in pipeworks. Just how they went about this release is infuriating. Not too say they havent done a good job, because i followed them all the way through it, watched their streams, their teaser videos, i think they're cool people, and did good work, so this was sort of a slap in the face...but people have every right to be mad about how this went down. Im not giving up on you PW, but i am dissapointed.

Like the 1.2 update for console. That one was unplayable when it came out. The plantera bulb was glitched so bad that it would not spawn the boss. There were so many bugs. And it only took them a month to fix them. I'm just glad that this one will be playable

The only major complaint I have is the new button configs. I know it’s fully costomizable, however you cannot map one function to multiple buttons and as far as I can tell zooming is impossible. If anyone can tell me how to either of these things I will be very happy.
Thanks!

The only major complaint I have is the new button configs. I know it’s fully costomizable, however you cannot map one function to multiple buttons and as far as I can tell zooming is impossible. If anyone can tell me how to either of these things I will be very happy.
Thanks!
From what I hear you can zoom in and out by pausing and tapping the shoulder buttons(if I remember correctly it should be l1and r1 if it's not its l2 and r2)

I don't mind the wait(maybe because I have tf2 and terraria on pc) but I can see the reason why some Xbox players can be enraged I honestly can wait a little more especially after I heard about people having their worlds being overwritten with someone else's.

Yea. All in all, i think we’ll all be happy once this update finally comes out. Lots of people have waited almost two years now and around 4 or even 5 delays. Once it comes out, there will always be bugs of course, but no games are perfect.:rolleyes:

And thats exactly it! It was a poor decision on their part, and like Proto said (sorry not sure how to tag) this reflects poorly for the game itself, pipeworks should have had all their ducks in a row before deciding to single xbox out. Yes they've been working on it forever, but everyones been waiting..not just PS4. I love this game, and i will stay dedicated too it, but honestly..im losing faith in pipeworks. Just how they went about this release is infuriating. Not too say they havent done a good job, because i followed them all the way through it, watched their streams, their teaser videos, i think they're cool people, and did good work, so this was sort of a slap in the face...but people have every right to be mad about how this went down. Im not giving up on you PW, but i am dissapointed.
I never said they singled Xbox out here. They found a rather big bug exclusive to the way Xbox handles the suspend state if you don't have profiles set to auto log in. I'm not intimately familiar with the certification process. If this is something that can automatically fail the update at certification then they were right to patch it up first. Doing otherwise would have made things take even longer and wasted everyone's time.

At this point I'm thinking Redigit programmed the original PC release in the worst way, spaghetti code with tons of hard coded functions. 2 different development houses have had a hell of a time porting this game to other languages, and both times have had a crap ton of bugs slip through the QA process. To me that suggests struggling with the code at a very basic level.

Also, to tag someone use the @ symbol, followed by their name with no space between the symbol and the name. The forum will usually catch what you're doing and suggest a list of names to click on.

If you are getting impatient may I suggest doing a huge building project in the game like for me I'm on a quest to try a make a honey world(yes a world with only honey in it) before 1.3 hitting Xbox so far I got a single honey liquid generator up but it's doing work.
15137636579251465401747.jpg

Well I updated my design for the generator to speed up the output well once this is over I will have enough honey for all my future 1.3 arena's
1513767919436-1120379807.jpg

For anyone who still thinks it’s coming out this year, I doubt it will. We’re gonna have to wait longer now. It’s a shame because I wanted to play this in the Hollidays but it seems I’m gonna have to play it during my exams which sucks because I won’t have much time seeing as I need to study

Harsh news. Same with just about every xbox user here! At this point i think im just gonna get a ps4 ☠️.

Harsh news. Same with just about every xbox user here! At this point i think im just gonna get a ps4 ☠️.
It hasn't been stated yet also Microsoft are still rolling out updates for games(have Friday the 13th updating right now) until its been stated by the Xbox support Twitter or pipeworks. Says that the update team for Xbox is gone for the holidays .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom