Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also The Coalition

Basically like how 343 was formed to replace bungie to develop the halo franchise but instead they develop the gears of war franchise now
[doublepost=1515064998,1515064847][/doublepost]
Some of us are here to check up on here and answer questions and some of us are here to see if someone got the update.
I mean they should er be going to the forums to complain about the release date, pipeworks has no idea when it will come out.

My guess is if we get news tomorrow it will be along the lines of they wanted to fix bugs in the xbox version before releasing and it now has to go back for re-certification. Otherwise it would most likely be released by now.

At this point i would expect nothing less.

My guess is if we get news tomorrow it will be along the lines of they wanted to fix bugs in the xbox version before releasing and it now has to go back for re-certification.
Pipeworks have said that the hotfixes would be included with the update. The confirmation is below. If this means that more time would be needed is beyond my current knowledge.

https://twitter.com/pipeworks/status/948269476142776320

I want to k ow when Pipeworks will begin fixing bugs on the PS4 version. As is the game soft locks whenever you die in a boss fight making it nearly impossible to fight events. There are also a ton of other bugs I have found and reported that need to be fixed before I play this game again.

I want to k ow when Pipeworks will begin fixing bugs on the PS4 version. As is the game soft locks whenever you die in a boss fight making it nearly impossible to fight events. There are also a ton of other bugs I have found and reported that need to be fixed before I play this game again.

They already have been. Have been since day one. Hotfix 1 went out before Sony left for 2017. As to which bugs have been fixed thus far and when they will be submitted in which hotfix wave, etc. - would have to defer to them on that. I do know that some have been easier to investigate/replicate/fix than others and that their team has to make a call as to what goes into each wave (so that one bug isn't holding up 10 other fixes... if that makes sense?). I do know that "death crashing" is really high up on the priority list.

Regardless, hopefully they will have news on wave 2 (and Xbox) very soon.

We're working out all the details on the next PS4 patch as well as Xbox One release as we speak. The PS4 patch won't fix everything (some things have been particularly difficult to track down and reproduce on our end), but there's a good amount of fixes coming for things reported by the community like save conversion, build mode (items getting deleted), multiplayer stability, and crashes; just to name a few.

You'll likely see the Xbox One version have all of the fixes (including the new patch we will release on PS4) so the version numbers are the same. Otherwise it would get really messy with people reporting issues that have technically already been fixed, but just haven't been pushed out to the public. So in that regard we need to make sure everything is at parity.

We're working out all the details on the next PS4 patch as well as Xbox One release as we speak. The PS4 patch won't fix everything (some things have been particularly difficult to track down and reproduce on our end), but there's a good amount of fixes coming for things reported by the community like save conversion, build mode (items getting deleted), multiplayer stability, and crashes; just to name a few.

You'll likely see the Xbox One version have all of the fixes (including the new patch we will release on PS4) so the version numbers are the same. Otherwise it would get really messy with people reporting issues that have technically already been fixed, but just haven't been pushed out to the public. So in that regard we need to make sure everything is at parity.
How can we see something be fixed if we saw nothing be broken?

So, does that mean that the Xbox One version got certified by Microsoft? Or that you're already working on it?

@GespenstKAF, is that what I think it is? A GAMECUBE?
Best case scenario would be if the 1.3 update is already certified, but they might be discussing an official date, in order to release the bug fix update along with it.

But I don't know the ins and outs of all this, I could just be grasping at strings here due to my desperation for wanting to play. :p

OK, again, Pipeworks mentions 'parity'. How is parity even an option as the Xbox community hasn't had the release? Are you assuming that all the bugs that the PS4 has are identitical to bugs the Xbox may or may not have? You guys have really botched up and by not getting the releases in at the same time, you aren't preserving any semblance of parity. I'm not going to assume that playtesting or game design is an easy job, but ffs, it isn't rocket science. Many of these bugs should never have made it past QA, let alone a development team. And by delaying any feedback from the Xbox community, it feels like you didn't have very good planning or follow through other than to repeat the tired refrain "it's in MS hands now." The last Pipeworks clip on YouTube was a piss poor way to pass the buck and completely transparent. I certainly hope it comes out and it works, but I'll think longer in the future about buying any of your products.

Yep. That is my trusty Gamecube.
Gamecube version When?
[doublepost=1515125515,1515125368][/doublepost]
Can’t wait for 1.3 to come out, and glad to hear it’ll be coming out with hotfixes as well.
Got roommates waiting patiently to play it, too!
I was hoping that Xbox 1.3 would come with the hotfixes that was the main reason I was patient.

One thing I'm concerned about is how the upload-cloud-download mechanic would work after 1.3 for Xbox One rolls out. Would you be able to upload a 1.2.4 world/character from the 360 to the cloud and just go through the conversion of the data for it after it's downloaded onto the One?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom