Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're working out all the details on the next PS4 patch as well as Xbox One release as we speak. The PS4 patch won't fix everything (some things have been particularly difficult to track down and reproduce on our end), but there's a good amount of fixes coming for things reported by the community like save conversion, build mode (items getting deleted), multiplayer stability, and crashes; just to name a few.

You'll likely see the Xbox One version have all of the fixes (including the new patch we will release on PS4) so the version numbers are the same. Otherwise it would get really messy with people reporting issues that have technically already been fixed, but just haven't been pushed out to the public. So in that regard we need to make sure everything is at parity.

So, its... Not... In cert... Anymore for xbox...?

I don't see why there has to be a certification team as a middle man here, honestly it would be easier if the developers could directly update the game instead of forcing players to wait because said middle man has to review everything in the update, and take their sweet time doing so. The certification process should just be a simple fraud check, to filter out false updates from unauthorized third party sources. The developers know what they're doing, and I believe they trust their fanbase to report any issues asap, this whole process is far too complicated. And it's not like the certification team at Microsoft knows what they're doing, I mean, they let a sucky copycat of the first resident evil game slip through into the market, and listed it as a preorder. Who is going to preorder a game with poor controls, cookie cutter characters, the most unreliable engine I've ever seen, blatant copy-pasting from the resident evil UI, and 3D graphics so bad it looks like a NES could run it?

We're working out all the details on the next PS4 patch as well as Xbox One release as we speak. The PS4 patch won't fix everything (some things have been particularly difficult to track down and reproduce on our end), but there's a good amount of fixes coming for things reported by the community like save conversion, build mode (items getting deleted), multiplayer stability, and crashes; just to name a few.

You'll likely see the Xbox One version have all of the fixes (including the new patch we will release on PS4) so the version numbers are the same. Otherwise it would get really messy with people reporting issues that have technically already been fixed, but just haven't been pushed out to the public. So in that regard we need to make sure everything is at parity.
When is the xbox one release?!? So you're saying it was certified? Now you're going to patch it on your end? Or is that not the case?! Nothing about this is at "PARITY" ps4 has had the update for close to a month, while were still waiting to even play it. WE HAVE BEEN SO PATIENT!

I don't see why there has to be a certification team as a middle man here, honestly it would be easier if the developers could directly update the game instead of forcing players to wait because said middle man has to review everything in the update, and take their sweet time doing so. The certification process should just be a simple fraud check, to filter out false updates from unauthorized third party sources. The developers know what they're doing, and I believe they trust their fanbase to report any issues asap, this whole process is far too complicated. And it's not like the certification team at Microsoft knows what they're doing, I mean, they let a sucky copycat of the first resident evil game slip through into the market, and listed it as a preorder. Who is going to preorder a game with poor controls, cookie cutter characters, the most unreliable engine I've ever seen, blatant copy-pasting from the resident evil UI, and 3D graphics so bad it looks like a NES could run it?

Certification doesn't test for bugs or check the graphics. They test to make sure that the game won't brick the console. That it doesn't contain malware or any viruses. They test this on every app and game that gets sent in (whether it's an Indy game or a AAA title).
It's required and very much necessary. I'm sure if Pipeworks could skip it they would happily. But they can't. It's required for all.

Reactions: bam
OK, again, Pipeworks mentions 'parity'. How is parity even an option as the Xbox community hasn't had the release? Are you assuming that all the bugs that the PS4 has are identitical to bugs the Xbox may or may not have? You guys have really botched up and by not getting the releases in at the same time, you aren't preserving any semblance of parity. I'm not going to assume that playtesting or game design is an easy job, but ffs, it isn't rocket science. Many of these bugs should never have made it past QA, let alone a development team. And by delaying any feedback from the Xbox community, it feels like you didn't have very good planning or follow through other than to repeat the tired refrain "it's in MS hands now." The last Pipeworks clip on YouTube was a piss poor way to pass the buck and completely transparent. I certainly hope it comes out and it works, but I'll think longer in the future about buying any of your products.

One, it's not Pipeworks fault Microsoft hasn't certified it, and two, the Xbox version did have a different bug, because of the app suspension feature xbox has that playstation doesn't.

One, it's not Pipeworks fault Microsoft hasn't certified it, and two, the Xbox version did have a different bug, because of the app suspension feature xbox has that playstation doesn't.
Its definitely not microsofts fault. That was them just trying to re-direct the heat & as you can tell at this point im just fed up, as should we all be. From their last comment it sounds as if it was certified but they're holding it to apply the same patch as ps4's 2nd patch since the release of 1.3
. Speculation as far as certified , but as far as holding it, its pretty much what they've been hinting at doing since ps4's release. Which would have never been an issue if they released them at "parity" . i cant even believe that was said -_-

Its definitely not microsofts fault. That was them just trying to re-direct the heat & as you can tell at this point im just fed up, as should we all be. From their last comment it sounds as if it was certified but they're holding it to apply the same patch as ps4's 2nd patch since the release of 1.3
. Speculation as far as certified , but as far as holding it, its pretty much what they've been hinting at doing since ps4's release. Which would have never been an issue if they released them at "parity" . i cant even believe that was said -_-
Pipeworks doesn't have any control over when the update is released once they send it in for certification. They were not trying to re-direct the heat, they were telling us that it was out of their hands. And either way, like I said, the only reason they weren't released at the same time in the first place is because xbox had the suspension glitch they told us about. So, in a way, it is Microsoft's fault for having superior technology.

Pipeworks doesn't have any control over when the update is released once they send it in for certification. They were not trying to re-direct the heat, they were telling us that it was out of their hands. And either way, like I said, the only reason they weren't released at the same time in the first place is because xbox had the suspension glitch they told us about. So, in a way, it is Microsoft's fault for having superior technology.
Just to be clear, they submitted it a week later then ps4, and it was right before microsoft was going on break for the holiday, same as pipeworks. So the fact it didnt get certified is completely understandable, but not microsofts fault for getting it so late in the month? So yeah the whole "its out of our hands" card was true for the moment... but its their fault for sending it in so damn late, and around the worst possible time. Just so sick of the excuses, its been two years of it, two years of beating around the bush. Also, theres a pretty damn good chance it has been certified and pipeworks is holding it . Go read their comment on the last page, as cryptic as it is. Unless they comment otherwise , thats what im assuming at this point.

I know I'm probably the minority in this thought, but I'm ok waiting a bit longer if it means the game isn't bugged out and crashing at every end game boss battle.
My brother got it on PS4 and I was envious... Until I saw how glitchy it was. Especially since he and his girlfriend play on split screen.

I'm ok waiting longer to have a better experience. But then again I also have other games and activities to keep me entertained until they send it out.

I know I'm probably the minority in this thought, but I'm ok waiting a bit longer if it means the game isn't bugged out and crashing at every end game boss battle.
My brother got it on PS4 and I was envious... Until I saw how glitchy it was. Especially since he and his girlfriend play on split screen.

I'm ok waiting longer to have a better experience. But then again I also have other games and activities to keep me entertained until they send it out.

I totaly agree so you're not alone.

Just to be clear, they submitted it a week later then ps4, and it was right before microsoft was going on break for the holiday, same as pipeworks. So the fact it didnt get certified is completely understandable, but not microsofts fault for getting it so late in the month? So yeah the whole "its out of our hands" card was true for the moment... but its their fault for sending it in so damn late, and around the worst possible time. Just so sick of the excuses, its been two years of it, two years of beating around the bush. Also, theres a pretty damn good chance it has been certified and pipeworks is holding it . Go read their comment on the last page, as cryptic as it is. Unless they comment otherwise , thats what im assuming at this point.
This is my final statement, and then I'm finished: It took one year to make 1.3 from 1.2.4.1 on PC. It took 4 years for them to build the game from 1.0 to 1.3. It only took Pipeworks two years or less to rebuild the entire game from scratch. We really should be impressed that it was even done this quickly.

You clearly have no idea what porting means, right? When you port a game you definitely don't rebuild a game from scratch.
They did rebuild the game from scratch. The Terraria we used to play on the Xbox no longer exists. It's gone forever, except on old-gen consoles. Why can't people realize that they re-coded the entire engine of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom