Console That's No Moon... It's a Moonlord: Terraria 1.3 Launches on PS4, XB1 Submitted

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did rebuild the game from scratch. The Terraria we used to play on the Xbox no longer exists. It's gone forever, except on old-gen consoles. Why can't people realize that they re-coded the entire engine of the game?

I used to do programming several years ago. It definitely is not a simple cut and paste. At best all you'll get for free is the sprites and the data (attack, defense, hp, map size, etc).
Everything else is literally a clean slate fresh from scratch.

I have a lot of respect for Pipeworks as well as Engine for doing console builds.

They did rebuild the game from scratch. The Terraria we used to play on the Xbox no longer exists. It's gone forever, except on old-gen consoles. Why can't people realize that they re-coded the entire engine of the game?
Its somewhat troubling you dont see the fault in you're own post. Yes they recoded it to work on consoles, that much is understood....but are you seriously comparing 4years of game development, testing, having to come up with the ideas in the first place? They re-made a game that was already there. Its not like they came up with the content itself, thats what took 4 years, not the coding. & im really not trying to bash pipeworks , because no doubt they have worked hard. I am pissed about how long this is taking.. But to compare what their doing...with the development of terraria from the beginning, untill now is ludicrous. You're statement would be valid if they created all new content themselves, made a completely new game in two years. Not the case, all the ideas were already there.

Last edited:

Yeah, I know this is a new and different port of the game, but that's not the same thing as "rebuilding the whole game from scratch" like you're saying. You compare development times of "creating the actual game" with "porting the game over to another platform" (in this case the Unity engine for console platforms which is actually closer to the original PC code as it also allows use of the C# language, whereas the previous console team had to convert all code to C++ if I'm informed correctly).

Why is everyone so bent on complaining about a free update that they worked there butts off to get you and all you guys do is complain? Why not be happy they have you an update at all.

Why is everyone so bent on complaining about a free update that they worked there butts off to get you and all you guys do is complain? Why not be happy they have you an update at all.

Because it's a forced update that removes or overhauls various features we got used to (UI, invite only multiplayer, certain controls, etc.) and also severely breaks online multiplayer & splitscreen (especially the combination of these). So for some of us it completely ruined the experience. For free!

Because it's a forced update that removes or overhauls various features we got used to (UI, invite only multiplayer, certain controls, etc.) and also severely breaks online multiplayer & splitscreen (especially the combination of these). So for some of us it completely ruined the experience. For free!
I think he meant why are we complaining that the update hasn't arrived yet.

Love the update. Other than the bugs, which are kind of expected, I'd like to see the old inventory screen brought back, or make this new one bigger. Everything is so small.
Also, get rid of the pulsing text. Just solid font please.
Lastly, it'd be really neat if when I went from my inventory to the crafting menu and then back to the inventory that my cursor was still at the last spot instead of switching to the top left one everytime.

It's been almost a month since 1.3 console launch on ps4. Where is the xbox one? It just seems there is very little communication from the pipework team right now. What is up and taking so long? I've been checking everything I can think of daily and I'm getting really tired of this constant wait and disappointment. I hope it doesn't take this long to release other patches like The Old Ones Army

It's been almost a month since 1.3 console launch on ps4. Where is the xbox one? It just seems there is very little communication from the pipework team right now. What is up and taking so long? I've been checking everything I can think of daily and I'm getting really tired of this constant wait and disappointment. I hope it doesn't take this long to release other patches like The Old Ones Army
There’s one more crash bug that needs to be fixed, then PS4 and Xbox One will be submitted. More info here: Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Hello. Does Pipeworks yet have an estimated time as to when Mobile might be seeing 1.3? Not an official release date, but just something?
There’s no info to share on mobile yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom