Game Mechanics The Ability to Rename Your Weapons

Enjl

Cultist
GreenStache has been slain by GoblinSlayer75's "Fire Ax" (Copper Shortsword)

The regular item names might become boring to you after a wile, so I propose we add a little Quality of Life crafting station, breathing more character into items with flat or boring names:

The Chalkboard can be purchased from the Goblin Tinkerer for 10 Gold and, when right-clicked on, opens a menu which looks similar to the reforge menu, with a slight difference:

Upon placing a weapon in the all-so-familiar weapon field we know from the reforge system, a text field will appear, in which you can give a name to your weapon. There are two buttons below which allow you to Accept the new name, or Remove the custom name altogether.

Prefixes are unaffected by this and will still be displayed next to your item's name. The custom name will, both in the chat and when hovering over the item in the inventory, displayed in quotation marks, with the real item name in parentheses behind it. When selecting the item on the hotbar, only the custom name is displayed.

So have fun running around with your Legendary Terra Blade (Copper Shortsword) or Sluggish Zombie Exterminator (Handgun) or PGM Ultima Ratio Hecate II (Sniper Rifle)!

Ah damn I forgot to check for threads which suggest the same. Thanks for pointing me that way.

i had this idea and posted it somewhere on the old forum lol, it's definitely an old-ish suggestion.
regardless if i'm the one expressing it or not, i still strongly support it. it would be pretty awesome to be able to give names to our weapons :D

[edit]
the only concern that was expressed on the old thread was having a "language filter" to prevent people from using vulgar names "player x was torn apart by play y's giant floppy p***s!" you get the jist.

i had this idea and posted it somewhere on the old forum lol, it's definitely an old-ish suggestion.
regardless if i'm the one expressing it or not, i still strongly support it. it would be pretty awesome to be able to give names to our weapons :D

[edit]
the only concern that was expressed on the old thread was having a "language filter" to prevent people from using vulgar names "player x was torn apart by play y's giant floppy p***s!" you get the jist.
Agrred on language filter

Back
Top Bottom