Story The adventures of Pine, in the land of Calamity

Dark Sunshine

Eater of Worlds
I’m going to write a story about a twelve year old named Pine, as she fights/recruits various bosses to get to her super secret ultimate goal. Unfortunately, the top bar for doing things like make spoilers is broken for me, so I can’t use spoilers. But yeah, I’m doing this because it’s fun. I won’t be doing the bosses in order until I finish the thing, in which case I’ll get rid of the original posts and put it all in one post. I’ll also be alternating between the bosses’ point of view and Pine’s point of view with each different boss. (Ex. DoG’s chapters are from his point of view, Supreme Calamitas’ chapter are from Pine’s POV, so on and so forth.)

Last edited:
Darkness. Darkness as far as the eye can see. The only feature being a thin purple mist blanketing the void between dimensions. Except, of course, for me.

Yep, I’m the only living thing here. I actually call this place home. But I haven’t introduced myself. Many know me as the Devourer of Gods, because that’s what I do. Oh yeah, I’m also a giant, sentient, celestial worm with armor made of cosmic steel. That’s the fun part. No, actually, the fun part is that I get the abilities of those I consume, including sentience, intelligence, magical powers, yadda yadda yadda. I also have an incredible sense of hearing, but Master Yharim doesn’t care. He just gives me food in return for me killing everyone.
I hear a metallic clatter from one of the dimensions. Oh, great, someone dropped the metal worm thingy and now I have to go kill them. That’s fine, I was getting hungry.
Flying across the Void was a bit like swimming. Except you’re the only matter in existence. Finding the dimensional bubble was easy, I could hear the kid trying to pick the metal
worm up and failing horribly.
Tearing through the dimension, I entered what looked like an arena where the owner had just finished using. There was my opponent, standing on the grass, fumbling with the stupid toy thingy. It belonged to him, so he was obliged to get it back, but as soon as he shows up, the thing vanishes. Which it did.
This little kid, not much more than twelve years old, turns around slowly, and as soon as she sees me, she… says hi? What kind of a little girl is this, saying hi to the Devourer of Gods? But I have to be polite, so I say hi back, in a pretty cheerful voice, at least for a cosmic worm.

“Oh, you can talk!” the kid says, falling onto the ground. If a worm could laugh, I would’ve just then. Instead, I just cock my head at her.
“How else would I report to Master Yharim?” I ask, lowering closer to the ground. This kid, man. She opened her mouth like she was going to say exactly five hundred and seventy-four other ways that I could report to Master Yharim, but then she clearly decided against it, because she closed her mouth. “Also, how the heck did a kid like you manage to kill the Moon Lord?”
She looked up at me again. “Trade secret,” she said with a smile. “You know, I didn’t mean to drop that cosmic worm.” That made me angry. I had forgotten about that, and I had also forgotten that I have to kill her. My eyes must have started glowing or something, because she looked scared now. “What was your name again?” she asked. Oh, yeah. She probably doesn’t know who I am. I don’t know who she is, either.
“Many know me as the Devourer of Gods, kid.” I said, cocking my head again. That seemed to scare her more than anything, apperently. She looked up at me with newfound fear, and she definitely looked like she wanted to run away. Or, more aptly, considering the wings on her back, fly away. I’m still angry, by the way, so this was actually pretty funny on my end. “What’s your name?”
“Name’s Pine. It’s not very nice to meet you.” Now, that was funny. But, now that we’ve been introduced to each other, it’s time for me to kill this Pine kid.
“Well, Pine. I’m getting hungry,” I said, glad I wasn’t able to laugh now. “I’ve been hungry for a whole year now.”
“Oh, dear,” Pine said. “That’s not fun. For me at least. I don’t know how you feel about this situation. Can I at least go get my armor?”
“Okay. A, this is hilarious,” I say, rising up into the air again. “B, sure, I’d like to see you try to defeat me.” After a minute, she was back, wearing Demonshade armor and carrying the legendary sword, Earth. This… was going to be interesting.
“I’m ready now,” Pine said.
“You are no god… but I shall feast upon your essense regardless! Nothing personal, kid.” I say as I circle her like an extraordinarly long vulture.
“That’s where you’re wrong,” Pine said with a smile. “Remember that ‘trade secret’? Yeah, that’s the fun part. Yay, fun!” she said, mockingly. No-one mocks the Devourer of Gods!
“So you’re saying--”
“That I’m a goddess? Yes.” Now she was interrupting me. Now I just want to eat her for revenge.
“That doesn’t make much of a difference to me, if you didn’t notice.” I say, lunging at her. As I near her, she just stands there, holding out her empty hand. I open my mouth, and when I hit her arm, it didn’t rip off. Instead, I came to a jarring stop. “Ow.” I say, Pine’s arm still in my mouth.
“Nothing personal, kid.” Pine says, quoting me. Then, she raised Earth.
This was the first time I’ve ever felt truly scared. But I can’t show it- not to her. “A- A GOD DOES NOT FEAR DEATH!” I yell in desperation.
Pine chuckled. “You, however, do.” And then she brought down her sword of legend and everything went dark.
Chapter 2

Once again, there was darkness as far as I could see. But, this was not the void. The Void didn’t have stars swimming around like fish. Were those stars? Anyways, the Void wasn’t filled with water. I was clearly very deep, because I could feel the pressure of the water on my armor. Oh, wait, I have my armor? Why am I surprised? What happened? Then I remembered. I just got my head chopped off by a twelve-year-old! I should be dead! Am I dead? I could see a faint red light in the distance, but the fact that I was sinking in that direction and the fact that it’s red gives me the idea that that place is the Underworld. So, I swim in the other direction, desperately trying not to run into anything.
Soon, I could see a dull teal light in a hole. I could taste the sulphur from here. I was in the Abyss, an overwhelmingly deep chasm filled with water under the Sulphurous Sea. I could see myself now, but I realized something was wrong as I got closer to the surface. I could see through myself into the deep below. This is incredibly unsettling for me, to be able to see glowing fish through my segments. I am dead! Ew!
Eventually, I burst out of the water, only to find myself in acid rain. It was actually more of an acid monsoon, but still. I’m glad my armor was made of cosmic steel now, but the acid is going through me, as if I wasn’t there. It’s a very weird sensation, to be honest.
After getting out of the acid rain, I decide to head to the Jungle Temple to get resurrected, since Calamitas knows how to do that.
“Now, how did you manage to die?” Calamitas asks.
“That’s what I’d like to know.” Yharim added, nodding.
“I’d like to know how a twelve-year-old kid got your sword, Calamitas.” I say, turning to face Calamitas.
Calamitas frowned. “Earth?”
“Yes!” I exclaim. “Now can you revive me?!”
“I need to know where your body is, idiot,” Calamitas snapped. I recoil at the thought of seeing me on the ground with a missing head. “Is there an issue?” she asked, her voice getting softer.
“My head may or may not be attached to my body anymore,” I say reluctantly. “Calamitas, your sword hurts.”
“Sorry,” Calamitas said. “But that’s kind of the point. Are you going to show me your dead, headless body or what?”
I nod. “Yes, but this kid’s arm didn’t rip off when I bit it.”
Yharim, who had been silent the entire time, gasped. “Say what?”
“Yeah, I was going insanely fast, and I rammed into her arm. It was like getting thrown into a brick wall. I just... stopped.” A shudder runs through my body as I remember the ordeal.
“This is an issue.” Yharim said under his breath.
“And, I died in her arena,” I announce. “Which means she’ll be nearby.”
Calamitas gasped mockingly, in a good-natured way. “You’re actually using that disembodied brain of yours!”
I groan. “Okay, enough insults. I know where I am, so lets go.” Calamitas can fly as fast as I can, so that’s settled, and Yharim won’t be coming. When Yharim left, his pet dragon, Yharon, gave me such a worried look that it assured me that Yharim was dealing with something bad.
When we got there, Pine was sitting on the ground eating an apple. “Hey, Pine!” I called. Pine looked up, and immediately drew Earth from her belt. “Great job beheading me, now can I have my body back?” I yell. “Also, OW.”
“It’s your fault for trying to eat me!” she yelled back. “And yes, you can have your body back! Just don’t try me again.”
“Anyways,” Calamitas interrupted, appearing behind me, “I’ll want to know how you got my sword.”
“Oh. That,” Pine said. “Don’t you have clones or something?”
“Yeah?”
“Yeah, I killed one and she happened to have it on her.” she said. “And no, you can’t have it back.”
“Oh, fine. Let’s do the thing and go, okay?” Calamitas said, looking at me.
I nod. “Yeah, I don’t really like looking at my dead body.” I say, going towards said dead body.
“Okay, instruction time. Also, Pine, you can watch. Okay, can you go through walls?” I try, and succeed. “Perfect. Go into your body. Your soul should catch on it like a kite in a tree.” Again, I try, and she was right. She walks up to me, and mumbles something. After a few moments, my head re-attaches to my body and I can feel the ground again.
“Hey, I’m alive!” I exclaim, flinging myself into the air. “That feels a lot better.”
Then I notice something. Calamitas is sitting on the ground, panting. “Hey, are you okay?” I ask, worried.
“Yeah, just out of mana.” I cock my reattached head, confused. Calamitas notices, and clarifies it. “That wasn’t brimstone magic. That was white magic. When I do brimstone magic, I draw mana from the brimstone. That’s not how it works with other magic. Pine, do you have any mangoes?”
“Yes, actually,” Pine says, tossing Calamitas a mango. “Just that one, though.”
“Thanks.”
When Calamitas was done, she seemed stronger, but she was too weak to fly, let alone walk. “Want a ride home?” I ask her.
“Yes, please.” Calamitas says thankfully. “Make it extra fun for me, will you?”

And that was the first time the most powerful witch in Terraria rode me like I was a roller coaster.

Last edited:
When I was in, what, fifth grade? I started a book that was essentially if Warriors was dragons and it took place on Venus. It was on my school account, though, so I lost the doc

A good while ago. I remember my email but not the password to the email and it’s just a mess at this point. Besides, I have an idea for something else...

Interesting story so far, isn't it one of those "Oh yeah, the main character is OP as heck, and they decided to team up with the bad guys after they beat the CRAP out of the bad guys", I sometimes don't like those types of story, more of a "progressive main character plot" person, but this isn't too bad (so far). Would like to see more from this setup of this plotline.

Back
Top Bottom