Biomes & Nature The Aerial Oubliette (The Sky Dungeon!)

What do you think about this?

• I like this idea!

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Please don't input this.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

The TechnoMancer

Skeletron Prime
I have an idea for a new, dungeon-like biome.
(Post-Moon Lord)
Here It Is:

After defeating the Lunar Events, a status message appears on the screen, saying;
"The Corruption/Crimson has disappeared from <World Name>!"
As it says, the evil parts of your world no longer exists. After one in-game day, an enormous dungeon made out of skyware bricks will generate near a discovered floating island/lake. This will not work if the player is currently in or near that point. After this, another status message tells you
"You hear rumbling from above..." You next travel to the island, and use a hallow key to unlock the dungeon door. Despite end-game tools being able to mine skyware bricks, you will be unable to mine the bricks that make up the Oubilette.

NOTES
- You will need to avoid
Harpy.png
harpeys that spawn inside, as well as solar themed enemies that spawn within the walls. (Enemies spawned by the Solar Pillar during the lunar events)
- Each enemy has a 12.47% chance to spawn a
Solar_Fragment_%28NPC%29.png
solar fragment (enemy) upon death, like post-Plantera dungeon enemies have a chance to spawn
Dungeon_Spirit.png
Dungeon spirits when killed. Solar fragment enemies will always drop 1-3
Solar_Fragment.png
solar fragment(s) when defeated.

I really like this idea, and think of it as a challenge or small thing to keep players going after defeating the Moon Lord. If you have any suggestions, you can comment them below. It means a lot to me that you're reading this. Thanks!

Nice idea! Though I think it needs some work: for example:
-special loot in special chests that can only be opened with special keys
-Why don't you make the dungeon out of a special block called: elemental skyware bricks, with wich you can make special stuff, like weapons, furniture and end-game tools.
-more special enemies
-a boss (you obviously saw that one coming! ;))
-special drops
-mannequins with special armor
-weapon racks with special weapons
-extra potions
-item frames with special items
-special music

I would like to help you with sprites and ideas, if you would allow me.
By the way, why don't you put it in a mod? If you don't wan't to make your own mod I would like to help by putting your idea in my own unfinished mod (don't go looking for a thread: it doesn't exist!) (I would credit you obviously)

I cannot stress enough how vehemently I dislike the sudden removal of the world evil - you're fully capable of preventing its spread and getting rid of it if you don't want it, and if you fail to do that, it's completely your fault. In the meantime, those of us that like having world diversity and/or arenas may be mildly upset to see all of that vanish. Sure, it can be reseeded, but with post-Plantera spread times, that will take a while. Clentaminating it back is dangerous because unlike purifying, you have to worry about it escaping set boundaries. Spreading infectious biomes with the clentaminator is more involved work than purifying them if you care about where the stuff lands, and I do not want to have to reinfect my world in that manner.

This is doubly bad because your suggestion offers no reason why the crimson or corruption is removed. It just is, with neither an explained nor an implied reason. I dislike the lack of causality just as much I do the removal of a biome, because now it's just arbitrary.

As for the dungeon itself - I'm not opposed to a new area, but I have two concerns here. One is that a structure generated in the sky may interfere with player building... really, this is a problem whenever you generate a large structure after the world is created. The other is that you don't actually suggest any new enemies. A new area should have new content. This doesn't. The enemies you find here exist elsewhere. The loot dropped can be obtained elsewhere and before this is available (and it's very bizarre that this focuses on one of the lunar elements and ignores the other three, again for no explained reason.) You haven't suggested new challenges or new loot, and until you do, I can't see any reason for this to exist in game.

Last edited:
Ah. But this won't touch mobile. This won't touch PC anyways, because it's post-moon lord
[doublepost=1511867652,1511867418][/doublepost]I think that the world evil goes away because defeating it is one of the "original challenges" in terraria. But that would remove the challenge. I agree with Laluzi.

Back
Top Bottom