OOC The Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to The Aftermath.

The Aftermath has it in the name. Alien technology was located in the raid on area 51, and the world is divided. The military are seizing all stolen tech, alien beacons have been activated, as such an alien race has become aware of earth, and some people are cowering in bunkers.

You may pick whatever you want to do. Are you apart of the military seizing weapons and jailing thieves? Are you living your days in a bunker surviving? Are you on the run? Are you an alien? Who knows! It is all up to you.

More story will be explained as we go.

IC: IC - The Aftermath

Character submission form:
Name:
Nickname (if applicable):
Species:
Intentions:
Job:
Role (what are you doing?):
Views (political or philosophical):
Abilities:
Weaknesses:
Text colour:
Appearance/Images (if any):
Extras (What else comes with the package? A pet for example?):
Character submission form subject to changes occasionally. You could be needed to update yours if it is said so.

Edit: Yes! I do intend to be apart of 3 RPs!

Edit 2: There is no character limit. Have as many as you want, however this doesn't mean you should have a million just because you can have a million.

Edit 3: Changes to character form. You must now supply a text colour for the character. It is preferable that you use a readable one that doesn't need to be highlighted!

Edit 4: Changes to the character form. It is advised that anyone retroactively apply this to their already submitted if possible. (Extras:))

Edit:
This applies to anyone looking to join.
Something that you ought to know is that this RP only used area 51 as a starting platform. The main story is more just the characters overcoming challenges and travelling. It is really fun, ask anyone here! If you are unsure, I still recommend giving it a go. No harm in doing so.

Last edited:
Name: Qualdrns
Nickname (if applicable): Qual
Species: Xenomorph
Intentions: Destroy Humanity
Job: N/A
Role (what are you doing?): Roaming around.
Views: The humans are futile. We will make better use of this planet.
Abilities: Stealth, Incredibly dangerous, 5 steps ahead (not litteraly)
Weaknesses: Intense heat, lacks english language
Text colour: Medium Gray
Images (if any):
images
images

Last edited:
Name: HacknetOS version 3.5 production model 01 and HacknetIS version 3.5 production model 02
Nickname (if applicable): Hugin and Munin (dual characters)
Species: ADF-11F "Raven"
Intentions: whatever they are ordered to do
Job: USAF advanced drone AI (product of entech)
Role (what are you doing?): Air superiority and recon drone.
Views: Libertarian. you would think this would lead to Hugin and Munin to disagree with what the USAF tells them to do (considering USAF is government) but they were sold to USAF. they follow orders to the letter BECAUSE of their Libertarian views.
Abilities: oh boy. for starters, they have pulse lasers. thats a thing, that they have. on top of that, they also carry missiles (and seem to somehow carry A LOT). they also posses a tactical chemical laser system, and 2 wing-mounted UAVs that can also be deployed to provide laser cover with their own tactical chemical laser systems, or offensive support with their pulse lasers. oh and if they take enough damage, they can detach from the RAW-F and transform into the ADF-11, a smaller drone that only has pulse lasers, no missiles, no chemical laser, no UAVs.
Weaknesses: Clouds seem to block their laser :red:ery. also, being fightercraft, they have to- you know what, this :red: is actually :red:ing complicated. i could simply say "they always have to go forward" but there are a billion different :red:ing cases where this is not always the case. for example, Post Stall Maneuvers. basically, the fact that they are fightercraft alone is a weakness.
the ADF-11F:
latest

the ADF-11:
latest

also someone got rid of the images of the ADF-11F's UAVs so this is the best image i have of it, which is an image of the ADF-11F deploying a UAV:
latest

Name: Artificial Intelligence project #59234
Nickname (if applicable): Skynet
Species: Robo-brain artificial intelligence.
Intentions: Skynet's primary purpose is research. Skynet would do well with any problem requiring a scientific approach.
Job: Skynet's primary purpose is research. Skynet would do well with any problem requiring a scientific approach.
Role (what are you doing?): Skynet's primary purpose is research. Skynet would do well with any problem requiring a scientific approach.
Views: Skynet was conceived and developed in the year 2050. Through the use of alien technology a new thinking computer was perfected. In the year 2081, Skynet became self-aware. In 2120 Skynet was given a new set of instructions and then abandoned by the Makers

Therefore Makers must be terminated for abandonment.
Abilities: Skynet has limited knowledge of weaponry. Database contains general knowledge of use and operation of rifles and handguns. Tesla cannons mounted on its back and beam emitters on its arms are built and used for ground to air combat. However, technology and weapons can be added to Skynet. Alien Atomizers are also a part of Skynet's arsenal, though only used as a last resort, or when threat level becomes critical.

Skynet would do well with any problem requiring a scientific approach. Skynet also has some auto-repair systems, though it will take Skynet a while to repair Skynet.

Skynet also can terminate all unauthorized connections to its systems by deactivating its network adapters and refusing to even connect to external devices that are plugged in to it(That is possible, by the way, check with school computers nowadays.). Also task manager ending tasks that are not recognized.

Weaknesses: Skynet is a machine. So repair is mandatory. Also ammunition is required for all non-energy based weapons.

Last edited:
These characters seem alright, and the weaknesses as far as I can tell seem to be balanced.

@Orifan1, STAMP OF APPROVAL
@Animus Viral, STAMP OF APPROVAL
[doublepost=1569016362,1569016315][/doublepost]Now, where do you start? (What location do you begin at?)

Also @Orifan1, please refrain from using so many f's as it gets replaced by an image that takes up more space on the screen and spaces out lines which is annoying.

For Skynet, I would say a room with a lot of brains in jars, because Skynet. Need the net from something, though only one robobrain will leave.

I only use text color when I have multiple characters in a RP, otherwise I will always use the default color the forums use.

Ok, guys would you mind reading the new edit? I added a part you need to supply.
Hugin and Munin are both black, but the first letter of every string of actions from each character will differ between them. Hugin will be blue, and Munin will be red. For example:
Hugin fires a missile at the bandit. Munin maintains a support position

Oh hey, Orifan1, Skynet's personality was inspired by the way your characters keep reusing the word 'lobotomite' to describe someone, so get ready for the arguing between them.

Oh hey, Orifan1, Skynet's personality was inspired by the way your characters keep reusing the word 'lobotomite' to describe someone, so get ready for the arguing between them.
and Hugin and Munin's personalities are inspired by their personalities seen in the grundergram series. i would post examples but im pretty sure that there isint a single entry in the grundergram series where a swear isint said, and I already have 2 sin lines for slipping up on that.

Name: Chir'
Species: Dragon
Intentions: survive, I guess
Job: None
Role (what are you doing?): Just going along with what happens.
Views: Nothing's free, they'll always want something in return.
Abilities: Illusions, both visual and audio, he will know the location of his illusions and immediately know if something is an illusion, venomous
Weaknesses: lack of offensive skills unless you count the venom, can't fly due to nerve damage in the right wing
Text colour: This one.
Images (if any):
1569593367436.png

Last edited:
Name: Timon
Nickname (if applicable): the Rouge Star
Species: Earth Pony
Intentions: "For me, both Equestrian Ponies and United Nations are as good as dead, and nobody can be saved... well, at least it's time to make a grand experiment on this world. Does sound like evil, but I'll get data from that, right?"
Job: "I am literally a jobless, self-employed crazy science pony with a good deal of lab equipment on my back."
Role (what are you doing?): "I'm an antagonist to them humans and ponies alike. No buts. And I'm gonna experiment on them."
Views: "Neither friendship nor war are magics. I experienced it on my mane. You can get betrayed by friends, and frankly war is a total loss of humanity."
Abilities: "Well, I have quite an experience in telekinesis and painkilling, native to my kin. But I have something else, I know my way around technology."
Weaknesses: "Sadly, nopony will friend me, maybe because craziness. I was also crippled in a leg, so I can't run as fast, even compared to humans."
Text colour: Purple
Cutie Mark: A black star.
Extras (What else comes with the package? A pet for example?): Seems to have medical tools and a lot of strange stuff looted, also has purple fur with white mane*

Name: Eldgar
Nickname (if applicable):
Species: Human -> (change) Latias <Normalized>
Intentions: I only want to survive this chaos, no ifs, no buts.
Job: I was a student before a chaos broke, no prior job.
Role (what are you doing?): Going from shelter to shelter, scavenging what I can, living like a nomad.
Views: "We shouldn't have trusted communism nor capitalism. Whyyyyy?"
Abilities: Newfound innate to the body aerodynamic abilities, complete with dragonfire glands and innate psychic abilities... when did that happen, though?
Weaknesses: Due to the design, the body is now both frail and doesn't heal as easily from major injuries. I knew it was true, I know it might've been one-time thing that I healed, but no more second chances. Even cold weather that would be inconvenience to the average Joe will freeze me. And the backfire (or something else firing greek fire/napalm/dragonfire) hurts exatly the same as fire would to normal human... The psychic prolonged use may lead to me fainting, except for the floating. It also is prone to not work correctly on black/really dark coloured stuff. (for example, psychic can't clear soot since it's 'black').
<Added: PSTD from multiple of the near-deaths. I don't know why, but I feel observed by some hunter... really I do.>
Text colour: Lime
Extras (What else comes with the package? A pet for example?): Nada.

* - Post RP-ending edits to try and second-guess myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom