Weapons & Equip The Alchemist Class

If you played with other 3 friends, would you be an Alchemist?

• Yes!

• No!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orange Dude 🪓

Axe Terrarist
I hear everyone talking about how Terraria needed a "Healer" class. In my opinion, a class for this kind of player would be too poor if the one using the class' items played singleplayer.
Well, yes, I do support the idea of items that one could use to heal another. That would be cool, but if there really were going to be a Healer class, how would them defend themselves and attack a menace with? What exclusive mechanic would they have?

I came up with the idea of a class that would be specialized in giving debuffs out to every enemy in the battlefield. Differently of certain weapons for Rangers and Mages, the Alchemists would be always focused on inflicting effects on their enemies, either helping themselves using other more offensive weapons, or helping the entire team of offensive moves.

That would be the Alchemist: The class that would support the team with deadly effects on enemies every time they could, from Chilling them up to setting Ichor and Cursed Flames upon the ones that would cross their path.

For the Alchemists, many items could be used as weapons. From using throwable, offensive potions towards the waves of gnomes coming from the west to the powerful Magnum Opus, an ancient book that throws out smoky balls that causes Slow and Weak effects upon those who endanger their way.

For the Alchemist class, everything is possible. Almost every debuff in-game can be directed into enemies, and these effects could be strongly improved depending on their equipped items and armor. For example, a set of armor or a certain item could increase the duration of the Poisoned effect on a certain target. This could be applied to many debuffs, such as On Fire! and Electrified.

What do you think of this idea? Please tell me your opinions! I would love to hear them.

Be careful with this, it could become like a golden shower (fire even though wrong class just to get the debuff than switch back) at every teir.

Isn't this just a buffed throwing class? I highly doubt this will make it into the game considering they're simplifying different classes in 1.3.6.

Back
Top Bottom