Story The Alliance: The Corruption And Hallow Unite

Good so far?

• ye

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • na

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello there fellas I thought I might have a go at writing something! Dunno how often this will get updated, I'm only going to write the background lore at the moment but I have plansss >:{} so yeah... lets go!!

Millions of years ago, there were two almighty spacefaring civilisations - The Hallow and The Corruption. The two were constantly fighting over the being they worshipped, the Moon Lord. Each side thought their methods of prayer, worship and religion were favoured by him. The war had been fought for centuries before anyone in either of the two armies could remember. But all wars end eventually, and this one's ending was particularly bloody.

In a blaze of ferocity, the Corruption's entire space fleet advanced upon the Hallowed army, which was in orbit around the planet Terraria. The soldiers of the Hallow fought back, matching the Corruption's might with their own agression. After days of nonstop slaughter, it was clear nobody was getting out alive. In a last-ditch attempt at victory, both sides launched all their missiles at once, hoping they could at least finish off the opposing force's armies before their own lives ended. In a way, they were successful.

All that was left of the Hallow and the Corruption drifted out into space. This universe was still young and very, very few planets could actually sustain life. All the fragments of the empires fell to planets that only buried them underneath their dusty atmospheres.

Except for one planet. Terraria. As the remains of the two civilisations impacted upon the planet, the only person living there, the Guide, sealed their power in the only place he could - his own soul - to protect the purity of his planet. Meanwhile the Moon Lord himself awoke from his endless sleep, to investigate where his adoring disciples had vanished to. Upon finding their remains among the hills of Terraria, he decided he would watch over this planet. He enforced his rules of method and order on the planet's biology. Anything that didn't conform to his high standards was removed from existence. The Guide came to hate the Moon Lord and everything he stood for.

Many years later, a hero came to free Terraria from oppression. True to his name, the Guide helped the hero through the process of building up their power, until he was confident they could progress through to the end of their task without his guidance.

By allowing himself to die, he released the monster that guarded the prisoners in his soul. He knew the hero would easily be able to defeat it. He sacrificed his life to release the power of the Corruption and Hallow, so that the hero could exploit their power and use it against the Moon Lord. Still nothing more than ghostly echoes of their former glory, but powerful nevertheless, the spirits of the Corruption and Hallow unwillingly destroyed their old god.

The hero's impossible task completed, they went on to live a comfortable, safe life, and eventually die. Now Terraria was completely devoid of all intelligent life. But not for long. Without the hero's will to control them, the echoes of the Corruption and Hallow were able to evolve into sentient "plagues" which transformed the land around them. Still at odds with each other, they fought a vicious but slow turf war on a tiny island in the middle of the ocean. As centuries passed, they evolved further, gaining the abilities necessary to create monsters, which they used to fight the war with each other.

For the most part, everything was in balance. There was still a healthy amount of purity, and the Corruption and Hallow were too busy trying to steal each others' land to notice that there was an abundance of unclaimed land ripe for the picking. Time wore on, and the monsters created by the two entities grew ever more advanced, able to use weapons and build primitive structures. As the years advanced, so did the creatures. In a few hundred years, they had evolved from shambling hunks of meat to intelligent people who could think for themselves, form relationships and fight creatively. The controlling entities behind it all now devoted all their time to improving their creations.

This period, the "Second Creation" as called by its Corrupt and Hallowed citizens, was not to last. One day, out of the sky came a meteorite, crashing down on the northern tip of the island. In a matter of hours, a terrible disease begain to infect the land around the crash site, spreading just like the basic forms of the Corruption and Hallow did while the hero was still alive. Both entities recognised the threat it posed to their world.

Communicating with each other for the first time in thousands of years, they agreed that they should join forces to combat the rapidly-evolving Crimson. In just a week, it had already begun to create simple but strong monsters of its own. Soon, its creations would overtake the Corrupt and Hallowed armies and take the whole of Terraria for itself. The logical solution would be for the two entities to evolve, to become even more powerful.

So the Corruption and Hallow stopped fighting and removed all the creatures they had created, consuming energy in the process. They withdrew their primal "plague" forms and took all that creation energy, boiled it down and created one final creature each. Their names were Thorn and Crystal - intelligent, real, fully-fledged people. And that is where the background lore ends.

Wait, background lore? That was so long I thought it was the whole story!
Nope, the story starts now. There's also a TL;DR coming if you need a bit of a refresher.

TL;DR The Corruption and Hallow have manifested themselves in human form to stop the Crimson from taking over Terraria.

I know it's just the background, but I really enjoyed reading that! I'm definitely excited for more chapters in the future, but take your time! I'd rather read a good story than multiple bad ones.

I think it would be interesting if you had a X% Crimson graph at the end of every post, but do what you want!

Also, I spent a lot of time reading your signature :)

I know it's just the background, but I really enjoyed reading that! I'm definitely excited for more chapters in the future, but take your time! I'd rather read a good story than multiple bad ones.

I think it would be interesting if you had a X% Crimson graph at the end of every post, but do what you want!

Also, I spent a lot of time reading your signature :)
Thanks for the kind words! I'd completely forgotten about this thread until now. I'm kind of on the fence about continuing this, but I might give it a go in the future.

Back
Top Bottom